Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 822347 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Vote Kony 2016
« Reply #4230 on: November 03, 2013, 05:35:48 am »

Spoiler: My feelings exactly (click to show/hide)

They should just give Alaska to Canada and make everybody elses life easier :P
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: November 03, 2013, 06:14:04 am »

I can't name all of America's or Australia's states, but then again, I readily confess to sucking at geography. I can't name all of Europe's countries either from the top or my head, and certainly wouldn't be able to place the Balkans correctly. Hell, I get really wobbly when it comes to Swedish provinces north of Gothia. And don't even ask me to place Swedish towns, I wouldn't know a single one closer than in what general north-west-east-south part of the country they're in.

Geography be hard when you're bad at names, yo.
Love, scriver~

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: November 03, 2013, 07:43:58 am »

US drone strike causes major setback in peace efforts in Pakistan. Chances for a diplomatic solution have gone up in flames.
This title is misleading. Not any old "US drone strike", but the killing of the Leader of the Pakistani Taliban, Hakimullah Meshud (For some reason Chrome recognizes the first name and not the second). The Terrorist organization that terrorizes Pakistan suddenly not wanting to have peace talks after the US takes out their Leader was both expected and to be frank not entirely negative; better no organization to deal with at all.
Do note that they've blown up Taliban leaders several times in the past, all with little noticable effect on the organisation, except for more violence and an increase in recruits. They're only creating martyrs.

it's almost like the us seems to have a vested interest in the taliban wrecking people's shit. how silly.

Hotfire90

« Reply #4233 on: November 03, 2013, 07:52:41 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:59:40 pm by Hotfire90 »

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: November 03, 2013, 10:37:41 am »

We'd probably have a much worse time with English counties. In fact, beyond Cornwall, Devon, and Kent, I'm not sure I'd get a single one.

I'm the same except I'd only recognise Cornwall, Devon and maybe Northumberland. I'd do worse recognising English counties than I would recognising U.S. states, but then again I think English people would struggle to name Scottish counties also.

Article with a photo of the shot Lax Shooter
The shocking photo obtained by The Post shows the critically injured Ciancia, hands cuffed behind his slim body, staring off into space, next to a thick, bright pool of his own blood as medical personnel treat his mangled face.
Atleast they got something right.

You've got that right, that's powerful stuff. It's odd you know, pictures like that really show how 1970s and early 1980s movies were more accurate with their colour of blood.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:41:10 am by Owlbread »

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: November 03, 2013, 10:42:12 am »

I can name all the states if you give me five minutes, but I would struggle with the map. I wish there was a way I could do the same thing.
I could probably deal with the map without too much trouble (except for mixing up Arkansas/Kansas/Nebraska/Oklahoma), but without a map I'd probably forget a few or make repeats.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: November 03, 2013, 11:02:05 am »

but can you name all the states of the usca, or for something more contemptory federal republic of mexico

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: November 03, 2013, 11:21:03 am »

I posted a blank map of the UK's traditional counties along with my failed attempt at identifying the English ones. I did worse in that than any other map I looked at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: November 03, 2013, 11:34:31 am »

The states I can locate are Alaska(duh), Hawaii(idem), California, Texas, Florida (aka flaccid penis), New Mexico (aka Texas' neighbour), Colorado (lower rectangle), the  Dakotas, the Carolinas, Alabama and Mississipi, Maine, and Washington (aka the state the furthest away from Washington DC without having to go through Canada or the Ocean).

The one's I'm not so sure about are Arizona (between NM and Claifornia right?), Nevada(California's complement), New York (and by extension New Jersey), and isn't Rhode Island that teeny-tiny one on the upper east coast?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: November 03, 2013, 02:41:45 pm »

You're 100% correct Darvi, even the ones you're not sure about.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: November 03, 2013, 07:57:07 pm »

I can place Utah thanks to F:NV. It is the state where Colorado should be if maps made sense.
Love, scriver~

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: November 03, 2013, 08:10:37 pm »

But how many of you can name all the states in alphabetical order without looking it up? I know it by heart. When I was in primary school, one of the teachers had a song with all of them in order.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: November 03, 2013, 10:00:34 pm »

I'm genuinely surprised no-one's posted this yet.
I never memorized all the capitals. I've seen that a billion times and I still can't recall a lot of them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: November 03, 2013, 10:29:51 pm »

Spoiler: My feelings exactly (click to show/hide)
>North Virginia
>2013
>areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpeg

This is fucking war.
Get a rope.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 667