Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 822350 times)

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Vote Kony 2016
« Reply #4216 on: November 02, 2013, 07:00:26 pm »

I can't make this shit up, I mean seriously
It won't stand. I bet his lawyer is very happy, if it doesn't get dismissed immediately you could take this shit to SCOTUS.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: November 02, 2013, 07:30:11 pm »

US drone strike causes major setback in peace efforts in Pakistan. Chances for a diplomatic solution have gone up in flames.
This title is misleading. Not any old "US drone strike", but the killing of the Leader of the Pakistani Taliban, Hakimullah Meshud (For some reason Chrome recognizes the first name and not the second). The Terrorist organization that terrorizes Pakistan suddenly not wanting to have peace talks after the US takes out their Leader was both expected and to be frank not entirely negative; better no organization to deal with at all.

And as for the Pakistani government, I wouldn't worry about them. The US-Pakistan relationship is, complicated, Pakistan's government very much corrupted on multiple levels by the Taliban, and the relationship between them was never friendly. Hell they are working together sometimes, and working against on others, Pakistan funds the Afghan Taliban, and the US recently put a end (by, of course, bombing the Pakistani Taliban negotiators off the face of the earth) to the Afghans trying to do it back to them.

Now if you had said the peace efforts in Afghanistan, I would be significantly more worried. They are actually having talks in neutral countries through legal channels. That is important.

To go over the last Middle East country decisively effected by the US not-quite-so-recently, Iraq's president has returned to the US. A far cry from a few years ago, when the US was exiting Iraq and President of Iraq Talabani was pushing for the US to take a hands-off approach;  Talabani is basically begging for US help, mostly through military materials, to combat the rising sectarian violence and a resurgent Al Qaeda taking advantage of the weak government to unleash a veritable storm of bombings. Bombs lace through the country as insurgents on both sides attack each other and the government.

I can't make this shit up, I mean seriously
It won't stand. I bet his lawyer is very happy, if it doesn't get dismissed immediately you could take this shit to SCOTUS.
Oh definitely not. I expect the judge to just give the cops a "Are you fucking with me" look and move to have him out of this as soon as possible.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: November 02, 2013, 11:22:32 pm »

Spoiler: My feelings exactly (click to show/hide)
>North Virginia
>2013
>areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpeg

This is fucking war.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: November 02, 2013, 11:27:04 pm »

I know that I can, with some effort, name all fifty states, I sorta wanna see how many I can place in the correct spots. Might make a thread in Forum Games, with a generalised version? Bare-bones, political-divisions maps of various places, getting people who don't live there (hell, or people who do) to label them?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: November 02, 2013, 11:34:25 pm »

States and capitals would be hero mode I guess... I mean really, who even knows what the capital of South West Virginia is?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: November 02, 2013, 11:35:54 pm »

Spoiler: My feelings exactly (click to show/hide)
I'll accept that this person can't identify states with GDPs greater than his entire home country, but in return, this person is never allowed to laugh at certain Amis for not knowing Australia from Austria anymore, no matter how ignorant those Amis happen to be. ^_^
Tongue firmly in cheek, of course.

I know that I can, with some effort, name all fifty states, I sorta wanna see how many I can place in the correct spots. Might make a thread in Forum Games, with a generalised version? Bare-bones, political-divisions maps of various places, getting people who don't live there (hell, or people who do) to label them?

This could be really, really fun.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: November 02, 2013, 11:46:55 pm »

This could be really, really fun.
I'd be game.
No Gods, No Masters.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: November 02, 2013, 11:47:00 pm »

Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: November 02, 2013, 11:48:54 pm »

I can name all the states if you give me five minutes, but I would struggle with the map. I wish there was a way I could do the same thing.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: November 03, 2013, 12:07:46 am »

I can name all the states if you give me five minutes, but I would struggle with the map. I wish there was a way I could do the same thing.

If by 'the same thing' you mean what I think you mean (you probably don't) then follow that link, good sir, and be amazed at the wondrous wondrosity that is nigh-universal access to MS Paint and the Internet!
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: November 03, 2013, 12:49:39 am »

Just gave it a go. My god that was like pulling teeth.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: November 03, 2013, 02:17:22 am »

We'd probably have a much worse time with English counties. In fact, beyond Cornwall, Devon, and Kent, I'm not sure I'd get a single one.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:20:19 am by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: November 03, 2013, 03:48:55 am »

US drone strike causes major setback in peace efforts in Pakistan. Chances for a diplomatic solution have gone up in flames.
This title is misleading. Not any old "US drone strike", but the killing of the Leader of the Pakistani Taliban, Hakimullah Meshud (For some reason Chrome recognizes the first name and not the second). The Terrorist organization that terrorizes Pakistan suddenly not wanting to have peace talks after the US takes out their Leader was both expected and to be frank not entirely negative; better no organization to deal with at all.
Do note that they've blown up Taliban leaders several times in the past, all with little noticable effect on the organisation, except for more violence and an increase in recruits. They're only creating martyrs.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 667