Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819443 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Awkward Boehner Edition
« Reply #3585 on: October 18, 2013, 10:38:41 am »

I almost broke my desk reading that title.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: October 18, 2013, 10:50:18 am »

I almost broke my desk reading that title.
I think it's the stupidest title I've ever read.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: October 18, 2013, 10:51:19 am »

KONY 2012 LIVES

(By the way, Invisible Children is still about on my college's campus, scamming people as they have for years.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Vote Kony 2016
« Reply #3589 on: October 18, 2013, 11:00:07 am »

They're closer to florida the tri-state area. What the blazes do you expect?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: October 18, 2013, 11:12:16 am »

To be fair, Greater Carolina's traditional moral superiority in such things has been heavily eroded, given our current legislature. A recent example would be the "Save the Guns Act", which forbids state and local law enforcement from destroying confiscated firearms. Instead they have to donate them to a museum, keep them for training, or sell them to the general public. All of which were options available to them previously, but it was left to the enforcement agency's discretion.

Apparently, some gun-rights folks were concerned about the thousands of poor, innocent, defenseless firearms brutally murdered at the hands of police every year. I swear, I want to get a bumper sticker with a pistol curled up like a fetus and the caption "Life begins at manufacture."

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: October 18, 2013, 11:17:07 am »

And what, now they're alright with the government just stockpiling all the guns they confiscate for "training"? With all the conspiracies about HomeSec's armaments you'd think that would have provoked some frenzied paranoia.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: October 18, 2013, 11:18:45 am »

Standard extremist/conspiracist politician tactic. State something extemistly conspiracist, then take it back and/or even apologize for that statement. Watch how it takes root among your extremist base anyway.

In a week or two we'll have peopleon Free Republic, Moonbattery and all those sites tell it as if it was a well-known, well-grounded truth.

* scriver is feeling particularly conspiracical today.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: October 18, 2013, 11:28:23 am »

And what, now they're alright with the government just stockpiling all the guns they confiscate for "training"? With all the conspiracies about HomeSec's armaments you'd think that would have provoked some frenzied paranoia.
State and local authorities have always had the option to stockpile them for training. Thing is, how many TEC-9s do you really need? One or two, to show officers and say "This is a TEC-9. It's a cheap piece of shit. But it can still kill you."

IMHO, it really is some weird fetishistic thing where they can't abide the destruction of a firearm, as if it were an abortion of some kind. It's not even something pushed by the gun industry, because eliminating a backlog of already-sold product would just increase demand for new guns.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: October 18, 2013, 11:35:02 am »

Related to how so many gun-nuts (and I'm not talking about people that just are interested in guns or shooting them here, I'm referring to the actual, very vocal, nuts) seem to think of their guns directly as their penises? They just can't stand the thought of so many manhoods being destroyed.
Love, scriver~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: October 18, 2013, 01:10:30 pm »

How high do you even have to BE
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: October 18, 2013, 01:23:50 pm »

To be fair, Greater Carolina's traditional moral superiority in such things has been heavily eroded, given our current legislature. A recent example would be the "Save the Guns Act", which forbids state and local law enforcement from destroying confiscated firearms. Instead they have to donate them to a museum, keep them for training, or sell them to the general public. All of which were options available to them previously, but it was left to the enforcement agency's discretion.

Apparently, some gun-rights folks were concerned about the thousands of poor, innocent, defenseless firearms brutally murdered at the hands of police every year. I swear, I want to get a bumper sticker with a pistol curled up like a fetus and the caption "Life begins at manufacture."

As an enthusiast of such things I can say that it's a nice thing for North Carolina to do and doesn't hurt anyone. It's not necessarily about it being an extension of our genitals, it's more that literally hundreds of historical weapons have been destroyed when they were confiscated in the UK as laws were tightened, including very rare pistols or rifles that should have been in museums. That law doesn't really have glocks or something in mind as much as it does, for instance, a Luger your grandfather brought back from the war or something that would be confiscated and destroyed in the event that gun control tightens up, as it probably will one day. We are talking antiques here, after all. Some of them extremely valuable.

You may suggest that guns that are only 10 years old are not antiques or historical and are not worth keeping. Indeed, some gun laws are built around clauses like that. Some of these guns though can be limited editions that are worth keeping for collection elsewhere, or even guns that have emotional significance for the shooter (such as their "first gun", or a gun that belonged to someone) and they would be quite upset to see them destroyed.

That said, I think stuff like illegally modified TEC-9s are historical pieces that are worth keeping examples of and should not be destroyed. Like the Apache pistols carried by French gangsters in the 19th century, they're significant in that they were the weapons of choice for so many criminals throughout the late 80s and early 90s. After all, what's the problem with keeping them if they're safely in the hands of the authorities? If there's too many of them, decommission them and sell them, or send them somewhere where it's legal to own them live. If there's still too many after you've done that, recycle them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:33:17 pm by Owlbread »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: October 18, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »

They need a team of gun historians to vet the guns and say "Mass produced, mass produced, antique, modified, antique, mass produced", and get rid of the mass produced (After getting a sample for future museums) and keep the antiques and modified guns for museums.

And/or a guide-book to say "This is mass produced, so is this, this, that," organized, of course, and with instructions that anything that doesn't look like one of them sends to a historian to vet it and add it to the guide book.

Of course, this is all assuming this law is actually ABOUT saving historical weaponry and significant modifications. If it's just about "DEY TOOK YER GUUUUUNS," then... Bluh.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:43:30 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 667