Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 818933 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

But what will it be called? Sour Tea? Loose Leaves? A Brush With Fascism? Occupy Kettle?  The Silence Of The Paul?
My vote goes for "All American Teabagging"

You guys have this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tower of Terror is pretty soft. I would say the Superman Escape ride over at Movie World is better.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Awkward Boehners

Coming soon to a bookstore near you.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site

Really? We're posting rollercoaster images as analogies to the situation and no one posts this?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

That hardly counts.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

And I honestly just wish Boehner would suck it the fuck up, pass the bills with mostly Dem support, and take the Tea Party's outrage like a statesman. Someone has to die for the GOP's sins. It isn't the Tea Party at the moment and we can't let it be the nation. Boehner's the only real candidate for sacrificial lamb.
This was mentioned in a article I linked way earlier, the three outcomes for John Boehner are "Sleight-of-hand last-minute magic trick", which is any sort of victory at all, which was unlikely because well everything; "I ain't gonna take it" He gets up, delivers a impassioned rebuke of his office, maybe even resigns from the Speakership to prove the point, but essentially go down flipping the bird at his caucus (This was considered unlikely because he personally is weak, and he is inherently a deal-maker who is opposed to outright conflict); and "ash in mouth", the most likely scenario, which is essentially either a abject surrender, or default, either of which costing him his Speakership and his reputation with nothing to show for it but bitterness and bad memories. It remains the most probable.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I don't know, after everything that's happened he just might snap under the pressure and tell everybody what he really thinks.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site

I'm surprised nobody bought up Mr. Bones' wild ride.

That's more of an analogy for the political system in general.

4 years game time = a single presidential term. Get really tired of it, get off the ride, really want something new, but all you can do is queue up for another four years of bullshit.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I don't know, after everything that's happened he just might snap under the pressure and tell everybody what he really thinks.
Doitdoitsoitdoit. We need an epic rant in Congress.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dunno; he's spent so long as a politician I don't think he's even capable of that anymore. Habits of a lifetime and such.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile

Dunno; he's spent so long as a politician I don't think he's even capable of that anymore. Habits of a lifetime and such.
Perhaps he'll be another case of "Beware the Quiet Ones"?

If there isn't a deal tonight, expect a big stock market drop tomorrow morning. The news of the potential Fitch downgrade hit after the markets closed, and I can't imagine the markets will react well to that.
Ooh, didn't realize the Fitch news hit after market close. Tomorrow morning should be interesting then.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Pfft, he would still win.

In the 2012 elections, he won 99.2% of the vote in his district after all.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While a VERY apt analogy, I gotta say HOLY SHIT, is that picture for real?!

Probably not. I can tell from some of the pixels.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 667