Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 818943 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I truly, truly hate that state's name. I hate it so much I wish the Seminole had held out and gotten it named after them instead. It cannot be spelled correctly by people of an upright and moral persuasion.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well "The Flaccid State" does sound like something DF's name generator would spit out.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

In the year 2011, the vampire Marco Rubio became lawmaker of the Flaccid Swamp.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... what's so hard about spelling Florida? Floor ee da. Flor. I. Da. Florida.

Flaccid state fits the geography, though. I wonder how much worse the GDP per capita (Currently 40th!) of this hellswamp will get once the economy tanks...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Right now it's if=and-when, with the Senate deal back in the spotlight, a Solution is in reach. Only John Boehner and Ted Cruz personally holding up the law (getting pretty much all the blame) could stop them now, and even Ted Cruz has taken a moment of pause.

We are still in the magma, but we haven't melted or bled out yet, and a ramp is in sight.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile

Right now it's if=and-when, with the Senate deal back in the spotlight, a Solution is in reach. Only John Boehner and Ted Cruz personally holding up the law (getting pretty much all the blame) could stop them now, and even Ted Cruz has taken a moment of pause.

We are still in the magma, but we haven't melted or bled out yet, and a ramp is in sight.
Good god. All of a sudden I got this urge to open up DF Fort Mode for the first time in a while, just to set up the two chambers of Congress, get 535 dwarves, and perform gov't shutdown/default re-enactments. With magma.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Uh guys. The title says there's about 28 hours before default.
Have Congress stopped being mules yet?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: FJ's American Politics Megathread Two: TRIGINTA HORAE Donec Finis Venerit
« Reply #3367 on: October 15, 2013, 08:08:43 pm »

They didn't have the votes; despite editing the bill all day to increase conservative support, the right rebelled.
This bit. Absolutely hilarious. They're so fucking stupid [I'm pretty sure fucking stupid is the official term for when you attempt to kill the global economy, just when everything is looking up] they still think they can get what they want. And they managed to waste a day in doing so. 27 hours left now. If there isn't a deal tonight, expect a big stock market drop tomorrow morning. The news of the potential Fitch downgrade hit after the markets closed, and I can't imagine the markets will react well to that.

Oh yeah, and lest we forget, the government shutdown is still going on, and has been estimated to be costing us over $50 billion a week. So that's $100 billion pissed away there too.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:11:17 pm by alway »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are far more terrifying roller coasters than that. When I was in Flordia, I rode a roller coaster where the drop was so steep that I was three rows back and still hanging at 90 degrees. I don't even want to think about what the front row saw. It only stopped for three seconds, but it felt like an eternity of deathly terror.

We've got some over here with an incline of MORE than 90 degrees. There's nothing like going a bit too far, I guess...

What's a fiscal cliff if everything isn't turned upside down immediately afterwards anyway, right?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:16:44 pm by GlyphGryph »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The loop clearly represents the rise and fall of the Bitcoin Republic in the ruins of our damned world. But it was too late for Ron Paul to save us...
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well I have coaster envy. We don't actually have any rides that good...I guess Australia is pretty fiscally boring.  :P

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Someday, someone will write an account of the rise and fall of the Tea Party that will compete even with Fear and Loathing '72 for the title of Greatest American Political Book. This whole thing reads like a novel.

And I honestly just wish Boehner would suck it the fuck up, pass the bills with mostly Dem support, and take the Tea Party's outrage like a statesman. Someone has to die for the GOP's sins. It isn't the Tea Party at the moment and we can't let it be the nation. Boehner's the only real candidate for sacrificial lamb.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:32:16 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

But what will it be called? Sour Tea? Loose Leaves? A Brush With Fascism? Occupy Kettle? The Silence Of The Paul?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:36:06 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Well I have coaster envy. We don't actually have any rides that good...I guess Australia is pretty fiscally boring.  :P

You guys have this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

And I honestly just wish Boehner would suck it the fuck up, pass the bills with mostly Dem support, and take the Tea Party's outrage like a statesman. Someone has to die for the GOP's sins. It isn't the Tea Party at the moment and we can't let it be the nation. Boehner's the only real candidate for sacrificial lamb.
He should be thinking of the book deals! Sure, the political career would be mostly dead, but that doesn't mean he can't keep milking this crap for cash!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 667