Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820238 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Election Boogaloo
« Reply #615 on: March 18, 2013, 01:45:42 pm »

You've clearly never met an American militia group. There's a reason the FBI and HomeSec keep an eye on them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 18, 2013, 02:07:01 pm »

Yes, egging on american militias is akin to pouring gasoline on everything and giving the match to a toddler.

They tend to be more fascist then LCS. Seriously. On par with the Freikorps in Germany following WW1.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 18, 2013, 02:35:03 pm »

Quite simply, the two parties are so powerful because they are so weak. If they had strong ideological lines that their members were expected to follow, regardless of region or level of office, then there would be far more space for regional parties to grow and form their own national coalitions. But I doubt that such party unity is ever going to be on the cards for a nation like the US.

Which is why the Republican side of things has fallen apart of late. Dogma is not a way to govern, and reactionaries are one of the loudest voices on the US-Right at the moment. It's why we see John Mccain and the likes of Lindsey Graham trying to distance themselves from that of late, they're aware they can't gerrymander the Senate and the White House. They know hard-right is not the way to present your party, or run yourself as a part of the government. Which is nice, except the die-hards like Rubio/Ryan/Paul are so entrenched that they will not go away any time soon.

So, expect 3 parties soon. Two Right-Wing, so, at least we will get something done in congress. [As the Moderate Right will gladly work with the Democrats at that point] Note: This is cautious optimism.

John "Drone first, ask questions later" McCain is a moderate, reasonable Republican? Really?
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 18, 2013, 03:09:27 pm »

It's why we see John Mccain and the likes of Lindsey Graham trying to distance themselves from that of late, they're aware they can't gerrymander the Senate and the White House.

Reading comprehension was never your strong suit so I'll leave that, GJ.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 18, 2013, 04:03:04 pm »

It's why we see John Mccain and the likes of Lindsey Graham trying to distance themselves from that of late, they're aware they can't gerrymander the Senate and the White House.

You described "reactionaries in the US Senate" and then used McCain and Graham as contrast. What are they, if not reactionaries?
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 18, 2013, 04:14:02 pm »

You described "reactionaries in the US Senate" and then used McCain and Graham as contrast. What are they, if not reactionaries?
If they're reactionaries, what the hell are folks like John Cornyn, Tom Coburn, Jon Kyl and Ted Cruz??

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 18, 2013, 04:22:28 pm »

If they're reactionaries, what the hell are folks like John Cornyn, Tom Coburn, Jon Kyl and Ted Cruz??

Reactionaries too, but of an altogether different sort, and some of them have better views on certain issues. Its kinda hard to arbitrarily put people into groups of "hard right reactionary pig" and "heroic fighter for the people" when it's possible they hold great views on some things and terrible views on others. So far as civil liberties go, though, McCain and Graham are several steps behind most (though they could be argued to be above that scumbag Peter King)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 18, 2013, 06:53:57 pm »

While our personal ideological arguments are absolutely fascinating, there is something rather important happening. The RNChas issued it's "Autopsy" on the election. It looks like it's recomending a shorter, less grassroots based primary, with an eye to protecting the eventual nominee from upstarts. Also immigration reform.

And the right is not happy.http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/rnc-autopsy-may-rile-up-base-89010.html?hp=t2_3
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 18, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »

As expected.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 18, 2013, 07:28:09 pm »

I wanna see the GOP double down on crazy. Nugent/Phelps 2016!!

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 18, 2013, 07:35:47 pm »

I've heard a persistent rumor that Phelps is actually registered as a Democrat. If true, the above will never happen.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 18, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »

I've heard a persistent rumor that Phelps is actually registered as a Democrat. If true, the above will never happen.
Fine, Nugent/Eastwood 2016!!

Campaign motto: Get off my lawn, you damn kids!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 18, 2013, 08:07:25 pm »

Eastwood is a nice guy who doesn't back the social conservative hardline. This is not surprising, given that he's old enough to have been involved in pre-Reagan politics.

No, we need Pat Robertson to run again to tap the true crazy.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 18, 2013, 08:16:05 pm »

Nah. What we need for the crazy motherlode is for one Theodore Beale. Also known as Vox Day.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 18, 2013, 08:39:06 pm »

Let the schism begin. 

Though... hopefully that would also result in change for the better with the Democrats and elections in general, down the line...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 667