Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Ballad of the Stars (OOC) - Now Accepting Waitlistings  (Read 6996 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Ballad of the Stars (OOC) - Now Accepting Waitlistings
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 02:09:04 pm »

I like the sound of B, but the amount of bookkeeping for you...
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »

I like the sound of Option B, but i think Option A would be better for you in the long run (less book-keeping), so......i'm undecided.

And by comparing it to WH40K, i meant that the Warp is dangerous (the taint in this universe, Chaos gods and their minions in WH40K) and can easily screw you over big time but very fast and convenient

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 02:48:59 pm »

You have caught my interest.

I'd like to join your waitlist, if you could message me in case a spot opens up. I'm reading up now so that I might get used to the format.

Also; Would it not be a good idea to copy all the 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 02:49:57 pm »

Would like option B, if possible, but don't overstretch yourself.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 02:50:19 pm »

You have caught my interest.

I'd like to join your waitlist, if you could message me in case a spot opens up. I'm reading up now so that I might get used to the format.

Also; Would it not be a good idea to copy all the 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anything that isn't bold can be erased and replaced.

Edit: And yep. I'll send you a PM if a spot opens up. Added to the waitlist.

Edit2: To those worried about Option B being too much bookwork for me- There's nothing to worry about. It's not a lot of work, it's just something I don't want to be doing if you guys would prefer Option A.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:53:42 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 02:55:15 pm »

In that case, do the Bethesda.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 03:00:19 pm »

B then(But drop it if you find it more of a hassle then you expected)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2013, 03:47:30 pm »

B sounds good, though, if it feels like it's taking too much of your time, go for A.

Also, I want to let people know that the reason I'm not really posting is that I don't feel like there's much for my character to be doing right now, other than the planning I'm in the process of.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 06:37:45 pm »

May I request a summary of recent in-game history and tech level? just so we dont make any mistakes or go overboard (dont really want people whipping out plasma rifles too soon  :) ).

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »

May I request a summary of recent in-game history and tech level? just so we dont make any mistakes or go overboard (dont really want people whipping out plasma rifles too soon  :) ).
Those can be arranged...
(Dr. Insano laugh)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »

The only truly advanced form of tech is the FTL Warp Drives. For the most part, things are at about the current level, but with more processing power and the like. The reason for this is something you'll likely need to find out in game, but one can conjecture that when Earth was overtaken by taint, the world's top scientists rushed production in that field in an attempt to save some of humanity. That combined with the fact that it's more profitable to make small technological advancements in public-sector technology than it is to make leaps and bounds, and the apocalypse-level event that led to the mass exodus from earth, has kept things from advancing too quickly. There's also very little reason to make plasma weapons when a quarter of the population can be trained to summon fire kami to light your enemies on fire, and when, culturally, everyone's decided to step back and start appreciating melee weapons and personal duels a bit more.
I'll get a timeline of the past 100 or so years up in a bit which might explain this further. Working on writing some papers for class at the moment.

Also, I want to let people know that the reason I'm not really posting is that I don't feel like there's much for my character to be doing right now, other than the planning I'm in the process of.
I'm aware of this, and how much it sucks. I'm trying to rush things ahead so that everyone has something to do, but during preparation sequences like this, sometimes it's just not possible. With any luck, we'll eventually hit a stride where nobody is left without a clear goal for too long.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:37:29 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 08:37:09 am »

The only truly advanced form of tech is the FTL Warp Drives. For the most part, things are at about the current level, but with more processing power and the like. The reason for this is something you'll likely need to find out in game, but one can conjecture that when Earth was overtaken by taint, the world's top scientists rushed production in that field in an attempt to save some of humanity. That combined with the fact that it's more profitable to make small technological advancements in public-sector technology than it is to make leaps and bounds, and the apocalypse-level event that led to the mass exodus from earth, has kept things from advancing too quickly. There's also very little reason to make plasma weapons when a quarter of the population can be trained to summon fire kami to light your enemies on fire, and when, culturally, everyone's decided to step back and start appreciating melee weapons and personal duels a bit more.
I'll get a timeline of the past 100 or so years up in a bit which might explain this further. Working on writing some papers for class at the moment.

I'm aware of this, and how much it sucks. I'm trying to rush things ahead so that everyone has something to do, but during preparation sequences like this, sometimes it's just not possible. With any luck, we'll eventually hit a stride where nobody is left without a clear goal for too long.

we're in the 31st century, right?

then Mass Driver weapons would probably be around about now. As would things like fusion power, nanotechnology, holograms and hydroponics and other 'near future' technology. I mean, we are talking about 1000 years into the future, and we already have these things today, to varying degrees, but then again, it is up to you.

I'm looking forward to the timeline though.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:41:07 am by kahn1234 »

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 11:23:53 am »

then Mass Driver weapons would probably be around about now. As would things like fusion power, nanotechnology, holograms and hydroponics and other 'near future' technology. I mean, we are talking about 1000 years into the future, and we already have these things today, to varying degrees, but then again, it is up to you.

An apocalyptic event of the magnitude specified by the GM could easily lead to a new Dark Age, which we may have only recently recovered from. In which case, we're lucky to have as much as we do. :P
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 11:56:36 am »

An apocalyptic event of the magnitude specified by the GM could easily lead to a new Dark Age, which we may have only recently recovered from. In which case, we're lucky to have as much as we do. :P

and judging by what the Taint seems to do, it would have meant the end of humanity, which means we probably didnt have a new dark age.

and a new dark age probably would only last at most 500 years, 700 at an extreme stretch.

And those techs i listed arent too far off real world tech, really, so we could have had some before the taint even showed.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:40:08 pm by kahn1234 »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2013, 10:57:04 pm »

Would it be okay if we roleplayed out some of the planning phase in brief flashbacks? I mean, there are a lot of things our characters would think of that we wouldn't (until just now I didn't really think about who should take the lead in exploring the ship). I can say that I, personally, would not use this as an opportunity to plan any more than I should have been able to. I just see it as a way to make our characters not seem so incompetent as to have not planned for the most basic of circumstances.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6