Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: From The Ashes, Post-Nuclear RTD: Scavengers Descend [Turn 4]  (Read 3270 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes, Post-Nuclear RTD: Scavengers Descend [Turn 4]
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 02:01:58 pm »

An angel of enterprise, seeking treasure in the pockets of the fallen. Wonder if it has found what it truly seeks?

Wake up. Prepare to defend self with great violence in case of trouble.

"Greetings, person of enterprise. What is it you seek, and how may I aid you in its acquisition?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2013, 05:48:58 pm »

Action: Surrender! Maybe use some tears!

Spoiler: meandering complaints (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2013, 06:40:43 pm »

Try again...

And just think, my too-soon death is due to my 6 to dodge being treated as a 1...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 07:05:30 pm »

(I am annoyed as to how luck based this system is, to be perfectly honest. I wanted this to be dangerous, but it seems to be just completely random and kinda useless, to be perfectly honest. Perhaps increasing the health system's number of points could make this a little less extreme, but then again, that may be putting a band-aid on a gaping wound and calling it a day. Any other ideas how on how to fix this?)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2013, 07:07:48 pm »

((make it a RPG instead? no RTDing.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 07:09:49 pm »

(I have been thinking that the D6 format was a bit too... Well, too little options. I always liked the D20 option, lots of options and sliding scales for failures... That could be a good idea.)

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 07:25:22 pm »

( You need to add stats and skills, our power level should not be based only on our equipment.
Maybe levels to, this will add a bit of strategy to how we use our turn. )

Use map to look for the malls storage room. When found, head over there and loot. 

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 09:23:01 am »

(Tbh the random death chance everywhere is why I made my last action minimal, having a trap hit you while remaining perfectly still observing would be absurd...  Its affecting my next action too)

Jet keeps quiet as she sees the rude man looting the barely conscious one.  She knows she hasn't been seen yet, and the barely conscious one seems to be moving a little and trying to talk.   She assumes that gas mask must be terrible for peripheral vision, so as his attention is shifted she creeps laterally and slightly inwards to set up a wallop of a sneak attack.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 09:44:53 am »

((More HP: I would go for 8-10 total, considering how lethal bleeding damage is to a 4 HP character. Also, there should probably be at least some kind of skill system, in perk form if nothing else, such as choosing one or two certain areas you're competent at, perhaps balanced with a weakness. You could even add a leveling and experience system if you feel so inclined.

And you can even go with a d20 in order to help with minor bonuses or penalties from circumstance and other things.

So, yeah. Add complexity and customization, maybe change the dice if you feel like it. In short, ADD STUFF.

Also, to make the game a little less luck-based, you can try the way Einsteinian Roulette works - when a player enters an area, you as the GM already know what's in there and where exactly and don't just make things up as you go. It's up to the player to explore your pre-designed area and figure it all out. That has the tendency of making an RTD less luck-based, though it is also much more taxing on the GM.

Note that most of these changes will require you to restart the game, though it might probably be for the best.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:12:19 am by Harry Baldman »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 04:18:47 pm »

(Hm. Okay, I'm going to put this on a brief hiatus while I work out the rules for making this a bit less "[1] You trip over your own feet and fall in a bed of spikes" and more Metro 2033ish: dying is your own fault.)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 05:31:10 pm »

(Right, on the scavenging note. I like the booby traps because that's a definite 1, anything less would kinda seem more like a 2 to me. However, it is annoying how random this makes death, so I do need to get rid of it. But what could replace it that's equally bad but just not fatal? Perhaps I should replace it with the penalty of the six but without the benefits, but wouldn't that lack variety? This is annoying.)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 05:46:59 pm »

(exploding dices roll 1, roll again if, 1=who put a low yield bomb in a hamburger?, 2=Ow my skin, 3=That will heal, 4=my hair is on fire, 5=There a nail through my hand, 6=Miss me and a free knife.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 05:54:10 pm »

(Er... Explain?)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 06:07:31 pm »

(Er... Explain?)
(It a second roll to say how much the trap or whatever is so closer to 1 the more it 'oh god' and the close to 6 the more 'This isn't so bad'. It can also work for overshoot E.G. roll a 6 then roll again 1=I kill him, but now the building on fire to 6=I kill him and a mook at the same time. 2, 3, 4 and 5 are as normal.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2013, 12:51:37 am »

(Right, on the scavenging note. I like the booby traps because that's a definite 1, anything less would kinda seem more like a 2 to me. However, it is annoying how random this makes death, so I do need to get rid of it. But what could replace it that's equally bad but just not fatal? Perhaps I should replace it with the penalty of the six but without the benefits, but wouldn't that lack variety? This is annoying.)

((Well, for death to be your own fault, like you said, the map needs to be defined first. So, if you roll a 1 on scavenging in a particular area, you trip a booby trap, but if you roll a 1 on scavenging somewhere else, you merely don't find anything, possibly attract attention.

Or maybe complete the map entirely, include some NPCs and completely do away with scavenging rolls and have players trip booby traps when they go down the wrong corridor or something (but give them a perception roll to spot traps if they're looking for them). Add bait to certain booby traps, make the traps more interesting than "rock smashes you". Add some not-necessarily-lethal traps - net traps, pit traps, rope traps and all sorts of other traps to have fun with.

Also, exploding dice will probably not help with the random nature of the rolls. The simplest solution to that would be to add a skill system, stat system, perks and abilities or all three, depending on how much you're willing to do.))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:56:58 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]