Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47883 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2013, 11:32:28 pm »

Apparently, there's a "Eragon Dragonrider" that swore fealty to me.

IC/OOC : Rp is possible, I just think that there will be grudge regardless of IC/OOC

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2013, 12:13:40 am »

Apparently, there's a "Eragon Dragonrider" that swore fealty to me.

*Facepalm.*
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2013, 03:32:36 am »

Silverfire had enemies to all sides, then decided it was a good time to attack Ebonheart inside it's own territory.
Cue war on five fronts.

I don't believe in the total destruction wars, it leads to a less interesting game.
So I am all for peace talks, but we gotta take Sol first, so we can negotiate on our terms(might even give it back to him)

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2013, 04:07:50 am »

Do unto others, before they do unto you. Total destruction is generally the way that they do things on BM. As a Summerdale vet, I can tell you that much. Silverfire will still be around somewhere, making life interesting for people in a different corner of the map, since he's an indelible fixture of BM and probably this, but he won't be near enough to trouble us.

I'd prefer to have a firm ally to my north, and that was my understanding of the war goal when I agreed to this.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2013, 04:52:08 am »

We could grab enough land to connect our kingdoms, without utterly destroying silverfire.
Also: we need an enemy from with-out so we don't plunge into civil war.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2013, 05:18:27 am »

How about the five grassland cities on the western coast, and his new capital, which I have generously already named "Ashes of Empire" for him?
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2013, 06:04:28 am »

Wait, who are you ingame again? i though you were Pericolo.
ah i see, you are Zahringen.
We should aim at controlling both coasts so we are connected to you and Pericolo, and let silverfire have the middle region for now.
It is ofc Aerin doing the talking on our part.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2013, 06:14:00 am »

This looks awesome. made an account, is there anything else that will increase the chance of getting an invite code?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2013, 06:14:54 am »

Aerin doesn't talk for me. If Aerin thinks to strike a deal with Silverfire and make war on the Black Knight, he will find a powerful backer behind that loveable rogue. Warn him thus.

Those lands go to Stondon, Aerin stops trying to eat the pie that I damn well baked, and I get the Lanyon towns. That's my peace.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2013, 06:42:31 am »

This looks awesome. made an account, is there anything else that will increase the chance of getting an invite code?

The dev has a thread for giving out keys, you have to type a blurb about why it's awesome. Hurry, time's almost up.

http://forum.mightandfealty.com/index.php/topic,336.0.html

Actually, I checked and it's over!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:16:36 am by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2013, 07:00:28 am »

just missed it :/
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2013, 07:25:08 am »

Hmm... I've been looking over my equations and they don't quite makes sense when looking at low base yields.
I NEED MOAR DATA!
Please post your base-yield, number of farmers and food production!

EDIT: Seems we have made peace with Silverfire. Now on to crush the Silvers!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:01:03 am by ank »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2013, 09:37:16 am »

Stop spoiling fun, Zangi. I usually don't do the IC/OOC thing well, and I find that most people are actually the same way, despite what they say. Strange concept that never really works in actuality. At any rate, what is OOC when we are all a bunch of internet personas with no physical reality?
My fault.  I think I was using my own definition of the current line of OOC/IC...  taking personal affront to things happening in the game.

Where is the fun in grudge and hate?

Also, Silverfire had it coming, claiming to become the biggest is just going to draw those who would see that it never happens.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2013, 11:01:21 am »

A "good war" that began at midnight so your opponent would be in bed and unable to respond? Ebonheart woke up to three towns fallen with only token resistance from his tiny garrisons. How much fun was his alpha? Did you ever think of that while you and Silverfire were giggling at midnight over battle plans to launch a two-on-one night-time assault against an unsuspecting smaller neighbor, Mr. Sportsman?

But that was when you were riding high, tripping on your power and elated with your clever strategies. Now you yourself are in that weak position, and only now does it become unfair and "spoiling fun".

This is why you can't make peace with these dogs, Brotato. They will never accept responsibility. They feel entitled to win at any cost, and then whine when it backfires.

the fun for him came because he had the chance to defend himself and call on allies and not have to be worried about PEASANTLOLOLOLOL I WIN!!!! in an alpha because me and silverfire actually have more regard for other peoples fun than that. Now what makes the difference between the midnight raid and the peasants? well one is SMA and the other is a ridiculous use of game mechanics that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

Stop spoiling fun, Zangi. I usually don't do the IC/OOC thing well, and I find that most people are actually the same way, despite what they say. Strange concept that never really works in actuality. At any rate, what is OOC when we are all a bunch of internet personas with no physical reality?

It works if you commit to actually trying to play the game like it's meant to be played and not spoiling the fun in the name of LOLOLLOLOLWIN

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2013, 11:56:17 am »

Now what makes the difference between the midnight raid and the peasants? well one is SMA and the other is a ridiculous use of game mechanics that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

The peasants are there for everyone to use. You act as if I did something that no one else can do. That strategy is part of the game and there are steps to fight it by playing defensively. Your lands were wide open, your lords all at the front lines, and amazingly you didn't even react for a few turns when you saw the first red battle signs go up right next to your capital. You succumbed to a thing called Imperial Overreach. So don't tell me how to play the game simply because the way it happened didn't go well for you. You were about to eat, and you got eaten.

By the way, night raids were vanishingly rare before modern warfare, but recruiting peasants was exceedingly common in these things called "levies" that you might have heard of. One of us was SMA, but it was me.

Listen up now...

-- Babycakes
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47