Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)  (Read 38050 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 0 up!)
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 02:59:17 pm »

Meus tries to calm his trusty dog "Shh, Tattletale. Shh."  He then looks around at the 4 other people and lifts his wand, "Who are you? I'm not afraid to use this!" before noticing the centipides. He points his wand, thinks of harming intent and yells "fu-ge!".

Well, my action is above.

((I have to go to bed now.))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:00:50 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:07 pm »

Look inside notes of the book, look for the first word which looks strange and potentionally magical,Point at the Centipedes with wand, with harmful intent
Failing that charge in with my sledgehammer!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:05:35 pm by javierpwn »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 04:17:09 pm »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Somehow i think im slightly too late to claim insies from my instareserve back when you brought this up in perplexion :(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:53:49 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 05:20:18 pm »

Somehow i think im slightly too late to claim insies from my instareserve back when you brought this up in perplexion :(
You'd be right.

He points his wand, thinks of harming intent and yells "fu-ge!".
((I have to go to bed now.))
Good night and congrats on the first spell.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 05:59:47 pm »

Err, what waitlist was I on? I was hoping for A.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 06:47:53 pm »

Can we see our stats? (Nvm found them.) What about the wordlist?

Well, anyway, check my book for the most violent sounding word, then point at centipedes with intent to harm and say it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:52:45 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 06:50:59 pm »

Can we see our stats? What about the wordlist?

Well, anyway, check my book for the most violent sounding word, then point at centipedes with intent to harm and say it.

Books? You don't need books! You just need FARGDSFDSF!
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 08:47:24 pm »

Err, what waitlist was I on? I was hoping for A.
Did you ever post your character?
I might have missed it.

What about the wordlist?
There is no wordlist. Form any word you like.
Abra? A word that does something. Kadabra? Ditto. Ditto? You betcha. Yoobecha? Ayup.
Anything can be a spell, if you can play the price.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2013, 08:48:32 pm »

I was the third post in the thread, I think. I put RESERVED then the block of text that's my character- you even commented on the laptop :P which i fixed, btw.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2013, 08:58:09 pm »

Well chuck me in both waitlists

Also can npc characters level up so to speak?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2013, 09:04:34 pm »

I was the third post in the thread, I think. I put RESERVED then the block of text that's my character- you even commented on the laptop :P which i fixed, btw.
Excellent.

Well chuck me in both waitlists

Also can npc characters level up so to speak?
Of course. That's going to be a bit...tricky, though...
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown: Turn 1
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 11:20:40 pm »

"Hello."

Check my Diary
Your diary is a fairly new one, bought entirely for the purpose of containing your notes. It has 44 blank pages and 6 full of map bits, notes, and doodles. You are fairly familiar with what it says.
(Side question: How old is Clair?)

"Go Sasha, away!"
I sic my falcon on the centipedes.
Sasha obediantly attacks a centipede.
[13v10+2] [1d6-2=2] The falcon makes you proud by tearing a centipede at least half as big as it to bits.

Meus tries to calm his trusty dog "Shh, Tattletale. Shh."  He then looks around at the 4 other people and lifts his wand, "Who are you? I'm not afraid to use this!" before noticing the centipides. He points his wand, thinks of harming intent and yells "fu-ge!".

[11+1,17-2] You feel an odd feeling, [Insight: ?] like you can sense people who like you. These people all like you! The centipedes don't. Neither does Tattletale, though, so it probably only works on people. You feel like you don't like them, though.
(Thus, we see what can happen with sufficiently random words.)

Look inside notes of the book, look for the first word which looks strange and potentionally magical,Point at the Centipedes with wand, with harmful intent
Failing that charge in with my sledgehammer!

Well, there's no words in your book--you have to make them up.
As you haven't, you rush forward and [3] completely miss.

(Angle PM'd me the word he wants Jane to say.)
[15+3,15+2] "RIP!" shouts Angle, summoning a weird breastplate into the midst of the centipedes, made mainly of bone and sinew but with flesh grown over it as Jane watches. Jane feels a consciousness touching her--the breastplate is alive, and seems to be a lot like her...this was NOT what she had in mind...
(Eat your heart out, piecewise!)

-----

The little girl ignores the centipedes and reads her diary; Coolguy and Javier attack by mundane means; and Meus and Jane discover the fickle nature of magic. While Sasha rips up a centipede, seven more are still on the prowl. [Confidence: 8] Five of them flee, but two stay. One attacks the falcon, [18v10+3+2(flies)][1d3:1][Venom Resistance: 14] and while Sasha is somewhat hurt, her system is unaffected by the beast's venom. Meanwhile, the other who deigned to stay and help strikes Javier, who foolishly engaged the beasts in melee. [16v9][1d3:3][Venom Resistance: 20-1] While the beast's mandibles shred his ankle, Javier's body valiantly resists the venom.
The five stand, lightly wounded, before the two remaining centipede beasts, as Jane's creation wiggles the little bit it can...

-----

A note about the breastplate: It's sentient, and has a mind...but it's a pretty dependent entity and thinks a lot like Jane, so I won't be calling on Waitlist B.
I also assigned the centipedes a level of -1. Oh, and Archmage Coolguy gets Experience Percentages from Sasha's kills. Bear in mind, Sasha is a normal, mundane falcon...
Anyways, congrats on First Blood to Sasha and the centipede, and on First Life to Jane.
Sig

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 1: Unexpected Results)
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2013, 11:35:10 pm »

I take it we don't get to keep our words secret this game?

Anyway, if possible, grab the breastplate without getting in range of any of the centipedes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:45:43 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2013, 11:37:06 pm »

Say abracadabra with malicious intent!
Then bash at the centipede again using my sledgehammer

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2013, 11:39:54 pm »

I take it we don't get to keep our words secret this game?
You can, if you get far enough away from other people. If you get two or three rooms from any other players' characters, PM'd words will not appear in the text. As you're all in the same room, though...

Anyway, if possible, grab the breastplate without getting in range of any of the centipedes.
They're distracted, but no, not really.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18