Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)  (Read 38060 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Inspired by Perplexicon)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 12:24:41 pm »

I'll take a spot on WAITLIST B

You can remove me from A for now
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:37:02 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 12:25:48 pm »

Attribute Modifiers:
  Strength:-3
  Toughness:-2
  Quickness:5
  Cleverness:2
  Insight3
  Power:5
I believe that you've messed up somewhere. 5+5+3+2-2-3=10>2
Wait, your attributes can be up to +2 in total?
...It could have if I had gone with an earlier draft of the rules!
so is that a yes, or a no?
That's a no.
Make one of the +5's a -5 and you're good.

Oh, and why does no one want to go on Waitlist B?
i fixed it.....

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 12:25:59 pm »

Oh, and why does no one want to go on Waitlist B?
I did.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 12:26:34 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 12:27:07 pm »

I'll go on both as well.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 12:28:53 pm »

Reserve. A.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just checking, this is modern, correct? If not, I have a fantasy backup.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:06:56 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 12:35:25 pm »

A laptop complete with music editing software and hand-crank charger. It can be used to take notes, but it's a cheap model and lacks any sort of internet. (minor)
A laptop, especially with those accessories, would probably count as a Major item.
A simple tablet or smartphone something may count as minor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 12:40:14 pm »

Wait, I think I may have missed the setting. :/

E: What IS the setting, anyway? Mediaval, modern, sci-fi, steampunk?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 12:44:04 pm »

Wait, I think I may have missed the setting. :/

E: What IS the setting, anyway? Mediaval, modern, sci-fi, steampunk?
The setting is a little, self-contained dungeon/arena thing, with a slight fantasy leaning.
You can be from anywhere with at least a little magic or paranormal stuff, whether it's the SCP-verse, Middle Earth, the Sixth World, Greyhawk, wherever.
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 12:52:32 pm »

I thought a tablet would make more sense, but I didn't think the DJ program would fit. But hell. It's fiction. Tablet minus magical charger it is.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 12:54:27 pm »

Wait, it dosen't have to equal 0? Making changes if so...

The modificators, I mean.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Inspired by Perplexicon): Turn 0
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 02:41:18 pm »

Wait, it dosen't have to equal 0? Making changes if so...

The modificators, I mean.
It can be less, but it can't be more. (An earlier train of thought would have let the bonuses exceed the penalties by two, but I decided against it.)

-----

Five people appear in this place, a strange place.

One is "Archmage Coolguy," a clever and powerful man whose physical abilities are a bit less impressive. His wand is a delicate wand of walnut wood, just over eight inches long. The journal he possesses has seven pages filled with compiled notes for coming here, leaving 43 for any notes he wishes to take. He, being the first to arrive, takes stock of his surroundings.
The floor is smoothed natural stone, but the walls are masonry of the highest quality. While no mortar was needed to hold the perfectly-fitted walls in place, it is clear that this place was dug, and then walls were put up. It is also improbable that the walls would come down. The walls of these chambers have glowing spheres of cool magical light, but the corridors seem to be unlit. Speaking of corridors, there are two archways leading south and one leading west; an occasional sound of large scurrying legs sounds from the western passage. It is an eerie place.

Just as Coolguy starts to wish he had someone else to be here--just to acknowledge how cool he was, of course--Javier C, a somewhat frail and rather foolish young man with a hardhat and an aura of power, appears. Javier has a stout mahogany wand, almost 9.5 inches in length, and a diary containing 7 pages of notes and a compiled map of this whole place. His journal also contains a cryptic note he'd found: "Find the biggest centipede for fame or doom." Javier glances sideways at the archmage, in his violet runes and stiff fedora, but before he can question the Archmage's sanity or existence another form appears.

With a pop and a thud, Jane Schandles appears about a foot and a half above the ground, before striking the smooth stone floor. Her journal is stuffed into a large pocket in her cargo pants, while a multitool and a smartphone share a smaller one. Jane is weak of body but mighty of mind. A teak wand, 18.4 centimeters long and fairly dull, is gripped in her left hand, while her right holds a scratched and only slightly rusty crowbar. Jane checks to make sure nothing is broken; then, with some help from Javier, she stands up, a bit shaken, a bloody scratch on her cheek clotting.

Soon, Jane is joined by a younger girl. Clair Hatter, a little girl with as much strength as a grown man, as much innate cleverness as all her teaches combined, and as much toughness as a sick bunny rabbit, poofs in in a burst of orange dust. Her wand, nearly a foot and a half long and made of polished rosewood, is clutched in one hand, with a violet umbrella in the other. Clair grins and looks around, her grin fading when her eyes fall on the Archmage. Suddenly, this doesn't seem to be like such a fun tea party.

The last to join the "party" at this time is Meus, a 30-year-old who is already starting to suffer from joint pains despite his innate hardiness. He and Tattletale come out of one of the southern arches, then spin around, surprised to find that they are not where they were. His simple clothing cannot conceal the dagger at his belt, nor does sticking his teak wand and the Elder's book in a sack make it any less obvious that they are on his person. He spun around again at the sound of scrabbling legs, to face four others. Strange characters were they, one in robes, a little girl, and two in stranger clothing. The Elder's book was correct; a strange place this is!

The five looked at each other in apprehension...and eight big centipedes, the size of serpents, crawled past Meus!
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 0 up!)
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 02:50:30 pm »

"Hello."

Check my Diary
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 0 up!)
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »

"Go Sasha, away!"
I sic my falcon on the centipedes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18