Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139422 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Blunderbuss: On Vacation! <°Ѿ°>
« Reply #765 on: October 12, 2013, 11:23:10 pm »

Well that's better than the previous speculation on what it was!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Dusty Dog Edition?! <OωO>
« Reply #766 on: November 04, 2016, 06:49:58 am »

««« ?? »»»

Hey there, pardon the dust! It was a long vacation.

First, I want to thank all the folks who followed and/or played in this adventure. Running this game with y'all was the catalyst that finally got me comfortable making art in public, and even got me started in indie game development! Those things wouldn't have been possible without your participation and encouragement during this old thing. Lots of exciting work and life stuff has happened since, but that and other distractions kept me away from projects like this for a long time. Even though there was so much stuff I still wanted to do!

A while back, I was going over this setting for use in another project, and started feeling nostalgic. I started doodling some of these characters again for fun. Before I knew it, I was playing with new sprite sheets and unused character designs. I started thinking about ways to prune and streamline the clunky rules system, and how the story and pacing could be handled better. I realized that I could prevent the crazy burn-out I felt by pacing myself, making less formatting-intensive posts, and generally avoiding all-nighters as a way to finish updates quickly. I've been realizing all the ways I could run a better version of something like this, if I did it today.

And that, my dear and maybe confused reader, is what led me to start thinking about some kind of quasi-reboot / continuation. Maybe tweaking some things, and picking up somewhere around where we left off. Maybe telling a few side stories within the Blunderverse, featuring some new characters and scenarios I still want to get to. Maybe even a mix of the two.

But before I get too far ahead of myself, are any of you oldbies still around? And are any of you newcomers interested in ignoring the old adage, and waking up a sleeping dog with me?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:56:25 am by Solifuge »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 04, 2016, 07:12:17 am »

Wow, this really feels just like yesterday (when the last post was 2013)...

I like that the emoticon improved, as a very subtle edit. :P
Yaaay our canine hero is back!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Blunderbuss: On Vacation! ᕙѾᕗ
« Reply #769 on: November 04, 2016, 03:13:04 pm »

This is serious, Soli put a butt in the thread title!

In all seriousness, though, I swear to await the Return, and serve Those Who Come Home.

I mean what I say and I say what I mean. I'm on board for funtimes 100%

Also, RIP in peace buttface emoticon. Never forget.

Speaking of forgetting, time for an archive binge!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 04, 2016, 03:15:15 pm »

yesssss

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

* Haspen vibrates

EDIT: Just finished re-reading the whole of the awesome. IS SELLY GUNNA BE OKAY!?!?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:55:40 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 04, 2016, 09:44:45 pm »

I came in at the tail-end. I miss this, and I'm gonna have to re-read it because OMG OCTOPUS.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 04, 2016, 11:58:29 pm »

Oldbies or old bees? Because I'm pretty sure I'm one of them, though I'm not sure which. Either way, I'm around.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 05, 2016, 12:22:10 am »

...are any of you oldbies still around?...
Who disturbs my slumber?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 05, 2016, 01:59:02 am »

I'm here! I'm drunk, but I'm here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 05, 2016, 09:56:35 am »

I would be interested. Though I'm not really an oldbie or a newbie, more like that one person that watches you from a window from afar.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!
« Reply #776 on: November 14, 2016, 02:00:43 am »

««« 36 »»»

Yrma's a big girl - bigger than us, at any rate - see if she can lift Selly. If not, we should stay with her, and Yrma should go get Grenfeldon. We don't know who might have done this, just that it wasn't us.

I've no real opinion on whether we should get the guards or not - having law enforcement running around could make things difficult if we have to use magic again, but if they do their jobs properly it should make it so we don't have to.
Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this biz!

Get Yrma to help us get Selly to her room, then send Yrma to tell Grenfeldon. Then search Selly's room for her books/basement key.

Hey, Yrma. You think you can pick up Celise?
She's been on the floor for a while. Prob'ly shouldn't leave her there.

Oh, right! We should get her to bed. I can try.

With a bit of exertion, Yrma manages to get Celise off the floor.
The unconscious girl is breathing, but shows no sign of stirring. Whatever's got her knocked out, she's out cold.
Yrma nudges the closet door closed, and turns toward the Hallway, taking a few heavy steps toward the dorm room She and Selly share.

Hey Mel... *grunt* ...you're coming with me, right?
I kinda don't want to be alone right now.

Yeah, yeah. I'll be right there.
I just want to take a look at some things, see if I can find any clues.
Maybe find out what Selly was doing in the Basement, or where the Key to the Basement went. Or how she wound up in a closet?
Oh, and if Torrence is here today, we should probably ask him if he knows anything too.

Okay, good luck *grunt* sleuthing, I guess.
If I see Torrence, I'll let him know you want to talk.
Just *grunt* don't take too long.

Yrma continues on toward the Dorms with Selly, leaving you alone with your thoughts.
>?

Hey all! Now that we're underway again, I can officially welcome you back. And if you're new, feel free to hop right in!

You may have noticed some overhauls to the dice system, and to Melody's character sheet. I've been wanting to move to a more open and flexible set of mechanics that don't structure the story so rigidly. Also, we're using a Dice Pool system for Skill Tests, to make the rules side easier to make sense of, and make it more fun to represent visually. Over the next few days, I'll be updating the OP with rules info. If nothing else, the rules should be less of a novel now, which is a plus! ._.;

Oh, and I hope the new scale and visual style works for folks! If it stretches your screen or is illegible, let me know so I can tweak it. I'm using Tiled to help assemble the Isometric scenes, but it still means I've got to draw some hefty sprite atlases for each area. Luckily, it's flexible and highly reusable... and Tiled makes map building WAY FASTER than laying out tiles by hand. Also, if anyone really misses Platformer Perspective, I think I'll still use it from time to time. Small point of pride, but the new character sprites are compatible with either. :3

Spoiler: CHARACTER: Melody (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OTHER STUFF: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:09:18 am by Solifuge »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 14, 2016, 03:36:10 am »

Check the closet to see if there was anything that didn't belong in there. I mean, besides the person we just found.

((Also, I like the new artwork and what I see of the new mechanics.))
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 14, 2016, 01:15:18 pm »

Check the closet to see if there was anything that didn't belong in there. I mean, besides the person we just found.

((Also, I like the new artwork and what I see of the new mechanics.))

+1

Also, check out the books upstairs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 14, 2016, 01:35:07 pm »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay isometric superpixel!

Boooo where's muh 2D pixel backgrounds ;<;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55