Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139318 times)

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!
« Reply #795 on: November 19, 2016, 05:45:05 pm »

New guy here, just finished thread binging. Hi! I absolutely love this, and the new art style is quite nice. Glad to see this was revived!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 19, 2016, 10:40:43 pm »

Remember that Einsteinian Roulette was likely the largest forum game in most of the internet, and it kept attracting newcomers right up until the last update.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 19, 2016, 10:43:26 pm »

Remember that Einsteinian Roulette was likely the largest forum game in most of the internet, and it kept attracting newcomers right up until the last update.
As one of the original players, the minor problem was also the HUGE POST JUMP and the LACK OF LINKS :-\ I had to catch up by reading through multiple sources of pages and it left me drained--especially because it didn't pay heed to timezones, and as a character in game, it usually had me idling. >_<

So yeah. But it was fun, as the GM did accommodate the players and keep it active--don't worry about losing players, Solifuge :3 That was my BIGGEST anxiety (which collaterally killed my game so that I needed to reboot it, in my sig), when the mere notice of 'active GM + communicative GM = OK playerbase and OK game' :))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 19, 2016, 11:09:01 pm »

New guy here, just finished thread binging. Hi! I absolutely love this, and the new art style is quite nice. Glad to see this was revived!

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! Hope to see you around. :3

Walls of text and necro'd threads don't scare newbies off. Newbies tend to get scared off by poor ideas, inconsistent updates, and unannounced absences.

Generally, people will start to trickle into a thread once they're done thread bingeing. If no new people whatsoever show up within 2-3 weeks, then you can start panicking  :P.

But I want to panic about those things now~
...honestly, at least in part, I was having a mild Anxiety over here. Welcome to my brain. 9_9;

I get you. Having a bunch of players isn't really the point. I just want to make sure the folks who are here are having a good time, and that I'm doing a good job as a storyteller. I've identified a lot of ways to improve as I've worked on other things over the years, but it's an ongoing process. If newbies aren't interested, it gets me thinking about what I'm doing to run things well, and how I could improve things to make it easier for them. This goes for the art and craft standpoint (always trying to improve there), and from stuff like making the content easy to get into, understandable, and navigable. Mostly, I'm just worrying I set us up for failure by soft-rebooting rather than hard-rebooting things, but again... that's probably Anxiety talking.

Just provide a link list in the OP, because from all the online reading I've done of game-stories or ISGs made by people, it's a list of links in a huge thread that helps the most. :P
As one of the original players, the minor problem was also the HUGE POST JUMP and the LACK OF LINKS

Apart from the Forward and Back links in each post, I've done what I can to keep the navigation links in the OP up-to-date You've seen it, right? Adding a "Most Recent Post" link isn't much more work, but do you think it'd make a significant difference in helping folks keep up?

Was hoping to have the next post done tonight. I'll see if I can still make the midnight deadline. :P

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 20, 2016, 04:54:31 am »

««« 39 »»»

Quietly eavesdrop. Because who knows what these youngsters are up to?

You come to a quiet stop near the entrance.

Seems like Torrence and Yrma are are really caught up in whatever they’re talking about.
They're completely oblivious, and shouldn't notice you unless you try to get their attention.

...you decide it wouldn't hurt to listen in for a bit.

Haven’t you seen how hard she’s been working lately?
She know’s that she’s got the... you know.
That she could do it, if the old man trusted her.
I know she could.

Torrey, the Professor's got his reasons.
We've got to trust that.

It’s just not fair! She deserves better.
She may not be the greatest student, but she’s the only one of us who can do this.
I’ve been helping her study for weeks now. I’ve seen it.

But what if you just filled her head with ideas?
What if you convinced her to do something dangerous?
What if she got hurt? What then?

You honestly think I’d get her hurt?
You know how I feel!

No, you don’t understand!
For all I know, that’s why she’s hurt right now.
That’s why you’ve got to tell me, or the professor, or someone what...

No, you know what You don't understand?

Torrence, calm down...

She’s afraid of you, you know.

I… afraid of me?
But we’re best friends!

Celise told me today.
She’s been scared you’re going to tell someone.
That you're going to get her kicked out over it, or worse...

She wouldn’t…
I wouldn’t…

Look, Yrma. She doesn’t trust you.
And with the way you try to please the old man all the time?
I don't think you're on our side either.

Er... wow.

if eavesdropping doesn't answer this for us, ask Torrence what Celise wanted to do in the lab, who the balls is down there now if Celise is unconscious in a closet, and whether there's another key.

You're not sure if you should blow your cover, but this is getting kinda ugly.
On the other hand, they're REALLY distracted right now.
...and you're still not sure what they're talking about.

Is there anything you want to say or do?
>?

Spoiler: CHARACTER: Melody (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:51:26 am by Solifuge »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 20, 2016, 05:09:37 am »

Eavesdrop sneakily for more.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 20, 2016, 11:57:08 am »

Er, can you provide an alternative key for those of us browsing without mice?  I just noticed now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 20, 2016, 02:50:32 pm »

Eavesdrop sneakily for more.

This, but if we get noticed, ask what the balls is going on, what the hell they're talking about, and who on earth is in the basement. If we don't get noticed, sneak out after listening and write a letter to the old man describing what we've heard, and give it to Mouser for delivery.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 20, 2016, 04:50:35 pm »

Er, can you provide an alternative key for those of us browsing without mice?  I just noticed now.

I'm not sure I get what you mean. If you're talking about the alt text in the character items and abilities, I put all that in the OP for folks who can't access it because they don't have a mouse.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 21, 2016, 09:51:39 pm »

Holy shit I didn't even notice this was back because I never PTWed because I wasn't actively posting at the time this was going this is amazing thank you.
Now, I have no idea what's happening with the story, because like three years ago. Let me reread this thing. :D

EDIT: binge complete, so yeah, let's keep sneakily listening. This could be majorly important, if these people could just stop being so darned vague! It's almost as if they don't know someone's listening in who doesn't know what the freak they're talking about!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:09:26 pm by Egan_BW »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 25, 2016, 02:06:45 pm »

I'm not sure I get what you mean. If you're talking about the alt text in the character items and abilities, I put all that in the OP for folks who can't access it because they don't have a mouse.
Ahh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 27, 2016, 01:40:57 pm »

Hey peeps! Quick post-holiday Micro-Announcement.

Rather than fuss over reboot woes, I've decided to go ahead and start a new ISG to scratch some of the itches I've had (Link for the curious). Don't worry about this game or setting being abandoned. I'm still definitely going to be concluding this chapter, and soon! Once we wrap it up, we'll figure out where to go from there.

Thanks again for your readership, etc. etc. Much love!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 28, 2016, 12:55:32 am »

Hey peeps! Quick post-holiday Micro-Announcement.

Rather than fuss over reboot woes, I've decided to go ahead and start a new ISG to scratch some of the itches I've had (Link for the curious). Don't worry about this game or setting being abandoned. I'm still definitely going to be concluding this chapter, and soon! Once we wrap it up, we'll figure out where to go from there.

Thanks again for your readership, etc. etc. Much love!
If after this wraps up, can the path be 'continue forward'? :3
Because I'd love to continue this ISG but also nudge whichever you can support in mind too.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 01, 2016, 12:45:23 am »

^^
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #809 on: December 02, 2016, 02:56:09 pm »

*hyperventilating* It's back. Also.. called that cat being a familiar 100 years ago.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55