Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139245 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:08 am »

It's not technically dead; Solifuge just needs lots of time to make the panels :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2013, 05:05:05 am »

It's not technically dead; Solifuge just needs lots of time to make the panels :P

oh, in that case, take your time!

i'm just disappointed lots of popular games seem to have come down with a severe case of death.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2013, 12:42:39 pm »

Yeah, no. I assure you that this shit's quite alive. I know it looks kinda grim to the untrained eye, especially when you saw it moving all over the place just before it went limp on the table. Rest assured, that's only true until it gets up and starts jumping all over the place again. And I suspect it will do that soon enough.

In slightly less metaphorical terms, I've just got a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment, and as much as I'd love to be entertaining enough to make a meager living off of crap like this, I'm not that dude. Someday, perhaps... *stares wistfully off into space* ...but it's a spare time thing for me. And it eats a lot of that spare time, not leaving a whole lot to... er... spare. Once we move out of the startup and I build up a bigger library of art assets, the pace will start to pick up. Speaking of which, you might want to gradually start boning up on some of them rules in the OP. This is a forum adventure, and I'm not going to be handing you everything. Treat it more like a sandbox RPG, or an open-ended tabletop campaign, and don't be afraid to ask questions or propose stuff that might not fit precisely with what's obvious. I'll do my best to keep things moving.

TL;DR I'm working on it. In the meantime, have some cheerfully upbeat chiptunes. I'm considering including some background tunes like these, to help set the pseudo-retro adventure game tone.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:21:20 pm by Solifuge »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2013, 03:13:26 pm »

POSTING BECAUSE BEAUTIFUL.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2013, 01:48:00 am »

Fuckin' hell, Soli, this is amazing.  You should really consider doing some freelance work on the side, if you haven't already... if I were designing a game you'd be top of the list for sure.

(Posting to watch)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2013, 02:15:30 am »

Fuckin' hell, Soli, this is amazing.  You should really consider doing some freelance work on the side, if you haven't already... if I were designing a game you'd be top of the list for sure.

(Posting to watch)
Never heard a truer statement.

Also:
In the meantime, have some cheerfully upbeat chiptunes.
QUICKTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME! *shakes fists*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2013, 12:33:38 am »

««« 12 »»»

Spoiler: OTHER STUFF: (click to show/hide)

We should just Look for supplies in town and then Come back for dinner. After, of course, Thanking him for his kindness.
Head to Market. If you're going to be moving in somewhere new, it might be good to exchange this filthy silver for some commodities.

You thank Brune both for the offer and for his kindness. He tells you not to worry about it, waving a hand in the air as if brushing away the unnecessary thanks. You say you're headed off to the market for now, but would be glad to come back later in the evening. Judging by his smile, he's happy to hear this, and offers easy directions to the Hilltop Market. As you turn to leave, he warns you to keep a look out for a young girl in a green dress later this afternoon. He says his little Anise is a very persuasive merchant, and if you two cross paths, you might end up buying some of the fish he'll be pulling in once he gets the old lure on a new line.

After you say your goodbyes, the fisherman starts whistling to himself, and you head south along the Shorefront District. Before long, you reach the base of the peninsula where it meets with the hills, and find a rough wooden staircase leading up to the east. After climbing for what feels like a few minutes, you reach a patch of gravel and earth that marks the end of a road that runs north and east into Dossent-proper. For a Town, Dossent is pretty well-populated. It seems like more of a small city to you... though you've admittedly never seen a "real city" before.

As you make your way past a workshop, a mill, and a little bakery in the Trades District, you see a single hill rising ahead. A low, square building sits on the top, with what looks like a few street stalls out front. Huh, apparently "Hilltop Market" is literal. Go figure!

Once you get close, you find that it's a lot bigger than you expected, and pretty noisy. From the open archway, you hear a constant muttering of footsteps and conversation, with a few raised voices, the clattering of something metal on stone, and strange bird songs rising above the din. Your nose is a bit overwhelmed by the soup of smells on the air, which makes it hard to pick out anything. You think you catch hints of frybread and pack animals around the main entrance... that, and the smell of many, many strange people.

Judging by the size, you could probably find just about anything for sale here; bags, clothes, food and drink, books, jewelry, supplies, tools, and maybe even weapons. You remember that you've only got 30 Silver to make it until you get settled, but it probably wouldn't hurt to spend a little something...

What would you like to look for at the Market?
>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:58:48 am by Solifuge »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2013, 12:35:35 am »

>Greet the blue bird. Ask what's wrong.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2013, 12:36:58 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2013, 12:39:54 am »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2013, 12:41:14 am »

Before this game is over, our guy will be revered as the kindest and most helpful Flynd throughout the land. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2013, 12:47:16 am »

What would you like to look for at the Market?
>
I think we come the conclusion earlier that acquiring a top hat and monocle is a pretty high priority, though I suppose we could take a little bit of time to find out what this bird's deal is.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2013, 12:48:35 am »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2013, 12:54:22 am »

+1
+3 (Kadzar is a person)
Did you forget to include yourself or Vector, or is that counting all the plusses that aren't NRDL's?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2013, 01:19:48 am »

««« 13 »»»

If you were to venture a guess, judging by the ragged clothes and the little clay bowl with a few silver coins in it, that Kenku is a beggar. And he's got himself a good spot for it too, right outside the market. You've never really had much love for beggars... back home, everyone did something for the community, and when they couldn't anymore they... well, they got out of the way.

Things are a little different here though. You might not be in the best of straits, but you're feeling pretty charitable. You greet the Kenku, and ask him what's wrong. He opens an eye and takes a look at you, but doesn't say anything in return.

>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:59:29 am by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55