Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139281 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2013, 10:20:05 am »

Surface, and doggy paddle back to the fisherman.
Yes, gasp for air once surfaced and head for land!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2013, 10:43:38 am »

Yes, gasp for air once surfaced and head for land!
+1
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2013, 10:44:34 am »

Question: are we male or female? it may be important if we meet any more of our kind.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2013, 11:16:56 am »

Question: are we male or female? it may be important if we meet any more of our kind.

Well it does look like a male to me.. *shugs*

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2013, 11:18:25 am »

Well it does look like a male to me.. *shugs*

I think the creator (whose name i've forgotten....) said Flind (?) males and females dont look much different, but it may be important later on.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2013, 11:29:46 am »

Surface. Return to shore. Gloat about proper identification of cephalopods.

Wait, that last one is just me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2013, 02:38:40 pm »

That octopus was probably just curious, fellas. Why did we have to hurt it? Besides, we should have bitten it. Racial ability and all.

Yeah, return the lure. Watch as the fish start to pile up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2013, 03:43:46 pm »

That octopus was probably just curious, fellas. Why did we have to hurt it?
It hurt us first. Hostile or no, it was drowning us.

Besides, we should have bitten it. Racial ability and all.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2013, 04:48:30 pm »

It's true though. We'd have likely returned home with octpus sushi.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2013, 06:14:19 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2013, 11:46:56 am »

««« 11 »»»

First of all, dogs are tiny yapping balls of teeth and fleas, best known for peeing everywhere and sniffing backsides. You take a moment to remind yourself that you are a Flind, and that if people around you are confused by some superficial similarities, they may as well start calling Dwarves badgers, and Humans monkeys.

Gods above and below, so rude...

> SWIM CHECK: 12 (7+5)

Secondly, you graduated from the doggy paddle when you were still in the Creche House. One of the many perks of growing up on the coast, you suppose. Swimming with the current now makes the going much easier, and you get back to shore in no time.

You climb onto shore, hair matted with sand and water. Brune the fisherman seems rather surprised to see you. He most likely wasn't expecting you back so soon. The fact that you look like a brown mop wearing blue trousers probably doesn't help things.

Had enough already? Fair enough. To be honest, I wasn't expecting you to find it. Me and my boy scoured the whole bay looking for that old thing. For all we know, some fish probably...

You ask him if this is his lucky lure. He stares at it for a long moment, then looks at you, then back at the lure.

Dagon's dancing daughters, how did you... you found it? You can't have been out there for half an hour, and you actually found that thrice-damned thing? Sir, you either have the eyes of a hawk, or enough luck that it doesn't matter anymore. This is almost too much to believe.

You hand the lure over. Brune begins to turn it over in his hands, scrubbing at the algae and muck with the cloth of his breeches, as if to make sure it wasn't a trick. Unlike the thoroughly rusted hook, the metal disk seems to shine up quickly, and he seems satisfied. You take the moment to shake off the water and sand, gather up your things, and put your robes back on.

INVENTORY:

Now, I don't have much I can offer you in exchange for this, but I'll tell you what. If you want to come back this evening, after you head into Dossent-proper, I'll treat you to another meal. And if you don't mind kids, I'm sure mine would love to meet you. My boy might even be able to talk to the harbormaster, and see if he can find you work at the docks, if that suits you. I know it's not much, but if you need a place to stay while you're still getting settled, you're welcome under my roof any time. What do you say?

You take a moment to consider the fisherman's offer, as well as where you want to head next...
>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:58:22 am by Solifuge »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2013, 11:50:22 am »

Head to Market. If you're going to be moving in somewhere new, it might be good to exchange this filthy silver for some commodities.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2013, 11:52:29 am »

maybe see whats further down the shorefront before heading into the trading district?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2013, 12:44:35 pm »

Thank him for his offer and say that you might be back that evening, should circumstances allow it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2013, 02:41:52 pm »

We should just Look for supplies in town and then Come back for dinner. After, of course, Thanking him for his kindness.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55