Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: The Tower of Kryshtak(3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) OFF TOPIC:Waitlistings Accepted!  (Read 23652 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower of Kryshtak(3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) OFF TOPIC:Waitlistings Accepted!
« Reply #360 on: February 11, 2013, 07:13:10 pm »

And we're still getting out butts kicked.

It's because we have almost no spell casting ability, isn't it? Dragon fire adept, factotum, and paladin are the only ones able to cast spells, paladins and factotums only being secondary casters. A Druid might be fun...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower of Kryshtak(3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) OFF TOPIC:Waitlistings Accepted!
« Reply #361 on: February 11, 2013, 07:30:50 pm »

Yeah, I had wondered why nobody was playing a straight caster, they're very useful in general and particularly when you need to bombard areas with long range spells  ;D
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »

Actually, better idea. Fuckin' warlock it up in this place.

See the Unseen, bitch.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2013, 07:38:28 pm »

That would indeed be useful. Maybe spider climb to evade traps too.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 11, 2013, 07:44:25 pm »

...no. Fell Flight. And Walk Unseen. Because awesome.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 11, 2013, 07:45:12 pm »

They can fly?

I should refresh my invocations sometimes...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 11, 2013, 08:48:46 pm »

I don't know about dragon fire adepts or whatever. I just know that walk unseen plus fell flight plus lurker on the fringes/stony grasp= trolling.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 11, 2013, 09:02:49 pm »

Just upgrade Oso, then?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2013, 09:17:02 pm »

Continuity!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 11, 2013, 09:23:42 pm »

I don't know about dragon fire adepts or whatever. I just know that walk unseen plus fell flight plus lurker on the fringes/stony grasp= trolling.
Stick to Earthen Grasp--you can cast invocations at will, you don't need to worry about durability of the hand--the only difference. And there really are better things to be spending your greater invocations on.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 11, 2013, 10:05:04 pm »

Lesser. And yes I know it makes little difference, save for the part where I'm fairly certain these dungeon walls aren't dirt.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 11, 2013, 11:01:36 pm »

I wonder if you can run while tumbling. Would the entire movement be halved (essentially equaling a double move)? I don't think so, but I'm not really sure about it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2013, 11:07:40 pm »

....hmmm, I'm not sure either...

It doesn't say you CAN'T, so I'm assuming this is up to the DM. I'll rule yes he can
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 11, 2013, 11:08:27 pm »

Lesser. And yes I know it makes little difference, save for the part where I'm fairly certain these dungeon walls aren't dirt.
Oh. I didn't realize that was a needed difference.
...Carry on.

Oh, and germania: If possible, enjoy wherever you're being sent. If you live anywhere north of about Virginia, it's hard to get worse this time of year...let alone if you're a Midwesterner or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 11, 2013, 11:10:03 pm »

West coaster for now.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28