Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53

Author Topic: DAISY [Act 4: Voiceless]  (Read 67306 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: DAISY
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2013, 11:39:07 pm »

>Tackle her!

You try to tackle her through the window, knowing there would be shattered glass and accepting the risk. But before you can position yourself, there's a creaking, and the branch shatters, dropping you a story and a half to the ground.

You were knocked out cold for five seconds. As soon as you became aware, though, you woke up. As you try to stand up, you let out a sob, your little ankle twisting in an unnatural way; it's broken.

"Hana-chan," you murmur, and force yourself up. You don't know what happens if you walk on a broken ankle, but you know it'll hurt. You have to save Hanako. You HAVE TO save Hanako. You don't know what from, but you have to save her. From herself, from others, from someone, from anything. You have to save Hanako.

It hurts worse than anything you've ever felt before. Most eleven year-olds would have given up by now. Most would be on the ground crying. Most would still be knocked out, just another problem. But you have to save Hanako. You have to save her.

You reenter the house, climbing the stairs through choked off sobs. You feel your own bones cutting into your leg. But you have to save Hanako.

The hallway seems so much longer now that every step feels like a knife is living in your ankle. Your foot hurts. Your hands hurt. Your head hurts. But you have to save Hanako.

The adults are trying to bust the door down. There's more now, larger ones in police uniforms. But they can't get the door down. Hanako's father is there, bigger than anyone, and he's screaming, throwing his body full slam into the door. Your head throbs with each hit, but you join in, throwing your shoulder into the door to. Now your shoulder hurts. But you have to save Hanako.

You have to save Hanako.

You have to save Hanako.

You have to...

You have to...

The door has come down.

>Watch

You watch Hanako, little Hanako, rotate in the air in the center of her room. The horrified screams of her parents don't reach you. The curses of the police don't reach you, their hurried words as they call paramedics don't reach you.

What does reach you is the doll. You hold it close to you, snuggle into it's fur. You don't want to look. You don't want to watch.

Why does she look so peaceful?

>Snow

You pull the RUBY DOLL out of the snowdrift. Hiki is gone, you couldn't... wouldn't let him near you after what he did. That was out of line.

The DOLL is so cold now. It's probably been a couple hours, not to mention it's past curfew. Luckily the guards here aren't very good, doing very little to discourage visits both platonic and... not, among the student body.

The RUBY DOLL is soaked with melted snow. You try to dry it with your sleeve, with only marginal amounts of success. You hope it doesn't mold. You couldn't stand throwing it out.

Later they would find a note adressed to you in her room. It was accompanied by another note telling them not to read it, and they respected her last wishes.

It lay open on your table for a moment. You're reading it over and over again, trying desprately to hang onto any bit of Hanako you could find. The memory of her voice is good. You like voices. You like to sing. So did Hanako. She was always teasing you about how much better you were than her.

The ink is blotchy with wet tears.

Take care of it. For me.

~Hanako
[/font][/i]

The last thing you ever heard from Hanako was to take care of the doll. You will not let her down.

You couldn't live with yourself if you did.

Spoiler: Daisy (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2013, 12:32:58 am »

Hey I was right.

Now I'm sad...

>Sleep. Then accost Hiki tomorrow about what the hell just happened. After slapping his shit. Keep the doll in your room though. It's gotta air out, so you can't keep it in your backpack.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2013, 12:39:37 am »

I got ask but Are Being Hunted Down By Deep ones

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2013, 01:14:21 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2013, 01:20:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is all truths!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2013, 05:22:00 am »

Examine the foot you broke in the past. forcing yourself to walk around on it could have really messed it up.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2013, 08:48:22 am »

Accost Hiki tomorrow, and make shrine to the elder beings, making sure that it includes lots of impossible geometry.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2013, 11:28:27 am »

Is nobody really seeing the connection here?

Hana killed herself, something that really fucked us up. We're a girl in her teens holding onto a doll, for gods sake. (As Yamaku is a highschool, and since all of the main characters are in their senior year, that means our protagonist is as well.) So she's traumatized by that, clearly.

Who ELSE is traumatizing us? THE SUICIDE MAN

Also, Karne posted earlier that "Sometimes the trick to fixing the past is to let it go."

So we need to try and get Daisy to accept the fact that Hanako's death was not her fault, as she clearly feels guilt for it, so we need to get a friend to help us out with this, either Hiki or Rin, possibly. Rin might be a bad choice, though. She's not the most sensitive person.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:31:41 am by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2013, 11:34:13 am »

Can we be sure that it wasn't her fault though?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2013, 12:03:17 am »

>examine foot

It's a perfectly normal foot. Both of your feet are perfectly normal feet. Despite walking on a broken ankle once during you childhood, nothing bad has happened to your feet. You'd say it was a miracle of medicine considering how far you walked with it, but it was really just you being smarter than most kids (most adults even) about where you put your weight and the bone breaking relatively clean.

So yeah, normal feet. Guess you can't join the track team!

>Go to sleep

It's almost curfew, so yeah. You return to the girls dormitory and chat idly for a minute with Miyu. You like the girl, but you're not sure you'd call her a friend. She just... lives across the hall from you. And it's probably the only hall in the school with more than two people living in it. Burn victim and her blind friend live next door.

You say goodbye (Miyu asks for another hug, obviously starved for attention. The girl knows how to pull heartstrings.) and head into your room.

You shrug off your clothes, mumble silently about how your ribs poke out slightly under your breast, and pull on a nightgown.

Time for bed...

You have some difficulty falling asleep as the room next to yours starts a rythmic thumping. What was the name of the girl... Millie? Lilly? Something western. Either way it sounds like she has a... a... a healthy adolescent sex drive.

Yeah that's one way to put it. You throw your pillow over your head and try to drown out the thumping and the moans.

>Dream

You are in a clearing in the woods. The light is golden, the trees are bronze, and everything shimmers slightly.

There is a brazier ahead, filled with dry moss. A Shisa stands guard over it, watching the bronze forest sway in a most forest-like manner. The Shisa is made of solid, grey stone.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:09:39 am by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2013, 12:06:48 am »

Use match to light brazier.
After brazier lit, use match to write "Used match to light brazier" on our sheet of paper.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2013, 02:42:34 am »

> Examine Shisa.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »

I need to put something interesting here.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2013, 04:07:28 pm »

>Examine Shisa

There is nothing remarkable about the Shisa.

>Light Brazier

You light a match and toss it into the dry moss in the brazier. The spark catches quickly, turning into a roaring inferno briefly before burning to embers. All this happens within a minute. How disappointing. You turn around.

Hiki is there.

Thou art I, I art Thou.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »

>Say hello. This is a dream, we can actually say it here. Ask why he's here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53