Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 53

Author Topic: DAISY [Act 4: Voiceless]  (Read 67275 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: DAISY
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2013, 05:50:08 pm »

ptw
It's FEF, not FEOF

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2013, 05:57:37 pm »

>Examine Japanese mythology

Yuuko's bookkeeping habits are someone odd, organizing the books via subject rather than their... truthiness. Non-fiction and religious texts about local and national gods are interspersed with supposedly truthful accounts of encouters with Youkai, and obviously fictional accounts of magical girls. Even one or two manga have been shoved into this section. When Yuuko is librarian, the Dewey decimal system weeps openly.

Needless to say, this is your favorite library in the world.

>Look for book on the SUICIDE MAN.

None of the books seem to have the Suicide man as a subject. You suppose you could ask Yuuko.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daisy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:37:32 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2013, 06:01:37 pm »

Look up the mask he was holding.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2013, 06:13:42 pm »

Which, the part where we lost a match or how it's kinda dumb to carry around lit matches to light your way?
No, which historical event?
The War of 1812.
Why did you say 1813 if you were thinking about the war of 1812?
1813 is exactly 200 years ago, and the War of 1812 ran a couple years over schedule.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2013, 06:31:26 pm »

>Examine book on Noh Masks.

You flip through the pages of a book on Youkai represented by wearing Noh Masks. There actually seem to be lots of such Youkai, but none are labeled as the SUICIDE MAN. His mask was too smooth as well; when he turned his head, the expression didn't change like it should have on a real Noh mask. It kept smiling, with that single cut still looking like a single tear.

You also fail to turn up any information on the DARK HAIRED GIRL. She's not in the book either.

You need to get to class soon. By this point you've almost wandered out of the mythology section and into self-help books. You could get one. Even if you're late, it's only art class. One or two minutes won't make much of a difference.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:38:00 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2013, 06:33:18 pm »

> Skip the books, go right to class.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2013, 06:34:58 pm »

>Examine book on Noh Masks.

You flip through the pages of a book on Youkai represented by wearing Noh Masks. There actually seem to be lots of such Youkai, but none are labeled as the SUICIDE MAN. His mask was too smooth as well; when he turned his head, the expression didn't change like it should have on a real Noh mask. It kept smiling, with that single cut still looking like a single tear.

You also fail to turn up any information on the DARK HAIRED GIRL. She's not in the book either.

You need to get to class soon. By this point you've almost wandered out of the mythology section and into self-help books. You could get one. Even if you're late, it's only art class. One or two minutes won't make much of a difference.
Get a self help book on something useful, like firearms. The suggestion will never die!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2013, 06:52:49 pm »

> Skip the books, go right to class.
+1

And most self-help books on firearms would be advising you not to use them on yourself. Instruction manuals relating to them would be somewhere else.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2013, 08:46:02 pm »

>Skip the books. Go to art class.

You decide to skip getting a book for now. Yuuko looks of two minds about the whole affair, happy not to have a chance to screw up, but sad she won't get company. Sorry Yuuko, you've got to get to class!

Art is fun, though again you don't have many friends there. Most of the kids involved skip class every once in a while, so no two classes have the same set of students. The only permanent fixtures in the room are the Teacher, Nomiya-sensei, and quite possibly the only type of person you could never really talk to, an armless girl named Rin.

Regardless, painting is a quick and easy way for you to get thoughts off your chest, and less labor intensive per idea than signing, if that's a thing. You sit down next to Rin, who's busily scrabbling at a canvas with a brush held between her toes. She's completely enveloped in a... Whatever that thing is. It looks almost like a raptor. You know better than to bother her at a time like this.

The teacher is introducing a new student. The boy looks to be a first-year, a new transfer into the school. He's sporting hilariously large sunglasses, of the type that wrap around his face, but what really strikes your attention is his smile. It's difficult to describe... almost fox-like. It's confident, almost mocking, and it fails to extend to his eyes. He's holding a cane, or rather swinging it languidly. Nomiya-sensei tells you he's blind.

Rin's attention is caught on the final statement, finally getting her to look up and around the room. "Who's blind?" She asks, blinking.

Fox-smile waves at Rin (well, more at you, but you and Rin are close enough you can understand.). "That would be me. My name is Itoshiki Nozomu, but I would prefer to be called Hiki."

"Hello, Hiki-san." the class echos in a deadpan; save for Rin, who simply smiles.

"Whatever you say, Pink Supervisor."

You could hear a pin drop in that room. Nobody moved an inch. Somewhere from behind you you can hear a soft "Eh?"

"I can tell this will be a very interesting class." Says Hiki, his smile never dropping. The whole room breathes a sigh of relief.

Hiki, surprisingly, walks over and almost sits in your lap. "Don't. There's someone there." Says Rin airily. Looking surprised behind his thick lenses, Hiki extends a hand.

"I'm sorry, you were so quiet I didn't notice." You reach out, first with the intention to shake his hand, but then with something else in mind. You press your hand into his and start signing.

[Hello. My name is Daisy]

To your slight surprise, he signs you back. [Hello Daisy. Pardon my earlier intrusion. I truely did not know you were there.]

[It's quite alright.]

[If you'll pardon another intrusion, are you deaf? I ask because of the signing.]

[No more than you. I have no voice though. I had to learn to sign because I can't even scream.]

[An odd way of saying it, but to each their own. Will you direct me to a empty seat then?] You do so, and he sits down.

[The odd girl who asked about my blindness, what is her name?]

[Rin Tezuka.]

[She has a beautiful voice.]

[She does.] Something about the way he "said" it makes you want to hurt him. You supress the unwanted feelings. [So you got to ask about my problem, so now I get to ask about yours, right?]

[What do you want to know?]

You decide to come right out and say it. [How are you going to paint if you can't see?]

Hiki chickles softly. You find you like his laugh. [I'm not. I'm going to sculpt. I can feel that, and I can get the shape right. Plus, people don't usually ask you to color statues!]

He seems to be anxious to get to work, but he's patiently waiting for you to end the contact. You suppose you could talk a bit more with him... And keep him away from Rin.... No, bad Daisy. Bad!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:38:20 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2013, 09:36:53 pm »

Oh god, this is some horrific crossover of Ruby quest, Touhou, and-that-one-Japnese-dating-sim-where-you-sex-up-the-disabled. Possible other things.

>Tell him about the school and shit.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2013, 10:09:31 pm »

How are we signing with the blind kid? He's a liar, obviously.
Sig

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2013, 10:12:50 pm »

We put out hand into his and did the signs on it so he could feel them. Its the same way Hellen Keller talked to people.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2013, 10:32:49 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2013, 10:45:26 pm »

Sig

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2013, 11:31:38 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 53