Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: You are a Mage!  (Read 6788 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Mage!
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2013, 08:39:22 pm »

"Omar you think you could get some of the young ones to work the smithies? Their work might not be the best but it'll at least get us some better armor, and a set of copper plates to fasten onto my guardian, we can use it to take on the brunt of the goblins so the youths don't get harmed."

You say as you stand up, and gather your things to head to a nearby house where Omar had made arrangements for you to stay for the night. Scratching at the beard on his face Omar nodded then spoke up,

"I'll see what I can do, some of the young ones haven't had anything to distract them over the past week or so, some work in the smithies might help take their mind away from the majority of the troubles. I'll get them on working the raw ore into bars right away, rest well the coming days will be trying for all of us."

With that he turned to examine the Raven-hilt sword behind his desk, and taking this as a sign you make your way out of the inn and head to a house not far to the right of it. Knocking on the door you are forced to wait as you hear hurried footsteps coming down the stairs inside, after a few seconds a weary looking woman opens the door. Giving you an appraising look she seems something like a hawk looking at an intruder to its nest, using this time to study her you find her brownish hair to be a mess as if she just woke up, her face is slightly grimy but even with that you can tell she is somewhat beautiful yet her greyish eyes have the gleam of someone who has experienced much.

Clearing her throat she waves you in as she talks,

"You must be the Mage that has come to help the town, word of you spread fairly quickly. Now come in, I'll fix you something to eat, you look tired after your travels, I'm sure you need rest but that does you no good if you don't have a full stomach."

With that she cuts off and murmurs something under her breath, you get a feeling something is off in the way she talks but you can't quite tell what. Sitting down in front of a wooden table that has been worn smooth from years of use you let time begin to slip buy, after eating you find yourself being ushered upstairs by the woman, and moments later you drift into sleep. The normal darkness envelops you, but what awaits you is not normal dreams, you feel a sudden sensation like having your arm torn off, and the blackness turns a tinge of red before fading.

Instead of a normal dream you find yourself on an endless plain, no grass grows on the dry cracked earth, and trees stand dead withered to nothing and jet black. An endless wasteland stretches before you, all of it bearing the look of something that would crumble at the slightest touch, you take this all in in total silence until a sudden venomous tinged voice startles you,

'Ssssssso you're the one they sssssssent, you are the Mage they ssssssssent to kill me?'

Cold laughter fills the air as a dark figure suddenly forms from the shadow of a tree in front of you, you instantly recognize it as that hulking figure the Dagger of the Dreamwalker showed you. The laughter dies down quickly and he speaks again,

'Tell me ssssssomething Mage, do you truly think you can defeat me with all my power? I have tensss of thousandsss of goblinsss under my command, and the worssship me assss a god. Thissss givesssss me power beyond mortal imagining, a power you could hold assss well, the power to make men kneel before you, to kill godssss. Do you not envy it, do you not dessssire sssssuch sssstrength? Come to me, join me and I will give it to you, all the ssstrength you want and more, no spell would be beyond your reach then.'

Spoiler: Personal Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions/Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Tower (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Village of Talinth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Mage!
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2013, 08:43:31 pm »

Begin working on the Monocle of Rationality, so we can read the book.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2013, 08:45:09 pm »

Err .... your in a dream world right now, you don't even have the book on you :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2013, 08:47:10 pm »

Err .... your in a dream world right now, you don't even have the book on you :P
Wake up.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2013, 08:47:56 pm »

Wake up.
Read the update before posting a suggestion >.> I can tell you haven't just by the actions.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2013, 08:50:16 pm »

Wake up.
Read the update before posting a suggestion >.> I can tell you haven't just by the actions.
I read the update, what's so unbelievable?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2013, 08:53:03 pm »

Since this is -our- dream, throw a mighty fireball at the demon.

Proclaim you are the guardian of the village.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2013, 08:56:04 pm »

Well its not a normal dream first off, you got torn from normal sleep into a dream made by the Uordeth so its not like normal dreams. Finally, you can't just make an item without reasonably knowing how, as it is all you have are three spells that control nature and know nothing of other arts of magic so making an artifact like that is out of your range of skill and power at the moment :)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2013, 09:01:15 pm »

Well its not a normal dream first off, you got torn from normal sleep into a dream made by the Uordeth so its not like normal dreams. Finally, you can't just make an item without reasonably knowing how, as it is all you have are three spells that control nature and know nothing of other arts of magic so making an artifact like that is out of your range of skill and power at the moment :)
Ah. Still, there's probably some way of escaping the dream, maybe overloading it with magic would work? (make Uordeth use his power as much as possible?)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2013, 09:04:43 pm »

Ah. Still, there's probably some way of escaping the dream, maybe overloading it with magic would work? (make Uordeth use his power as much as possible?)
Of course there is, but just wake up as an action won't do anything.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2013, 09:07:36 pm »

Well in that case,
"You're some sort of god then? Who wears a black hood? Bug off Lord Death or whatever your name is, you and all your Villian Wannabe friends. If you're such a god, how come all you can get to worship you is goblins?"

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2013, 09:34:48 pm »

^ Pissing something off that took on a vastly more powerful mage then us is the wrong move. We should say something a little more polite but at the same time negative.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2013, 09:39:01 pm »

^ Pissing something off that took on a vastly more powerful mage then us is the wrong move. We should say something a little more polite but at the same time negative.
Eh, it might kill us, or it might be so insulted that it needs to show us a true display of its power. Killing us is obviously what we seem to want, after all, and therefore by doing so it shows how predictable and common it is.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2013, 10:55:28 pm »

tell him you will consider his offer(lie) but will need to think it over for some time. the try and milk as much information from him as possible. word it so it sounds like your looking for more reason to join him.
voice of evil reason

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2013, 03:42:17 am »

Summon a book(we are in a dream, mind over matter)and read it, ignoring the demon. If he carry on talking to us, look at him with a 'you're still here?' look and go back to the book.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]