Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46199 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 14.
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2013, 05:48:18 am »

Study in library, otherwise go look around the tower for hidden spaces(you never know)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2013, 07:12:30 am »

With forest secured with traps and others doing their bit to ensure the protection of our operation, I had look into my own development.

Find a good piece of wood to create a staff with the black gem for myself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2013, 07:44:54 am »

WHY DO THE DICE HATE ME?!?!?

Seriously, that's the second time I've botched a roll and hurt the library.

Secure the door to the library. If successful, split my time between fixing fire damage and studying (and return the books if possible). In not, study those books I didn't return.

Repair fire damage, if needed. Start copying the books I took and the others in the library, and return the originals of any books I've copied.
DON'T STORE THE COPIES IN MY ROOM, I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A JERK BECAUSE I DIDN'T SPECIFY SOMETHING.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:52:53 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2013, 10:57:55 am »

study those books I didn't return.

Because karma is a bitch. Stop being a jackass and maybe you flubbing rolls wont fuck the rest of us

I made an RP post saying I will fucking murder you if you don't unfuck the library - You've managed to accomplish finding the books you lost, but continue to fuck the rest of us. When i get bored doing things that aren't 'sit on my ass and do nothing' like you've been doing - I'm going to murder you if no one else does first.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:01:16 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2013, 11:18:41 am »

Because karma is a bitch. Stop being a jackass and maybe you flubbing rolls wont fuck the rest of us

I made an RP post saying I will fucking murder you if you don't unfuck the library - You've managed to accomplish finding the books you lost, but continue to fuck the rest of us. When i get bored doing things that aren't 'sit on my ass and do nothing' like you've been doing - I'm going to murder you if no one else does first.
I did not mean to burn the library, and if you guys let me back in I'll fix the burning!
And I didn't return the books yet because the GM said I didn't.

Seriously, is it so bad to want a little more power before I do dangerous things? (I'll gladly admit that screwing up the library is a bad thing.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2013, 03:46:23 pm »

GWG, I hate to belabor the point, but you fail to understand. If you do not return those books, the malus remains.
If you want to keep them for yourself so you can do studying if you dont get into the library... the malus remains.
These are crucial books. So their location is important.
This is not a question of where 'most' of the books are. If you keep enough to be able to study on your own, theres a -2 malus for the library. Because these are the books needed to advance magical rank.

Im not going to flat out kill you because you're too weak to fight something. Yeah, if you knowingly go and challenge things WAY beyond your capability to deal with I'll let the dice fall where they may. Jerik didnt die in a mob of giant salamanders because I figured 'woah theres no way that ends well for him.

And the fire damage looked worse than it was, so it wont give any maluses. You got lucky on the 2ndary (and tertiary) parts of that roll.

The only important question is "Are you returning the books?" And the answer you keep giving is "study those books I didn't return." So the malus remains.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2013, 03:51:00 pm »

GWG, I hate to belabor the point, but you fail to understand. If you do not return those books, the malus remains.
Recheck my action. I'm returning them if possible. (Unless I need them to stud...I have a new idea. I'm returning them. Unless my new action prevents that, somehow, but it'll be worth it.)

And the fire damage looked worse than it was, so it wont give any maluses. You got lucky on the 2ndary (and tertiary) parts of that roll.
Are you sure?
Sig

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 09, 2013, 04:31:12 pm »

Spoiler: Roland's Research log (click to show/hide)

Keep experimenting, in the name of science.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:42:14 pm by Shootandrun »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2013, 06:49:22 pm »

The problem was never whether you were jerking off in teh library - it was that you were intentionally keeping the books and screwing everyone else. Let alone the fact that instead of LOOKING for the books you lost in the FIRST PLACE, you decided to just keep studying. Tere flat out asked if you were returning the books you HAD found early on - you said know, and thus SCREWED ANOTHER PERSON out of the gains they made studying.

So yes, you've been a selfish dick since you walked off with books and lost them. Excuse us for being annoyed by this fact.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2013, 06:57:09 pm »

I'M RETURNING THE BOOKS, FIXING THE PROBLEMS, AND TRYING TO ACTUALLY INCREASE OUR STORE OF BOOKS SO THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN! IF SOME BOOKS AREN'T AVAILABLE NEXT TURN IT'S BECAUSE I'M COPYING THEM OR MY ACTION WAS MISINTERPRETED!

Yes, I screwed up in the past. No, I have not failed to try and make up for it.
Sig

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2013, 06:59:55 pm »

Yes, I screwed up in the past. No, I have not failed to try and make up for it.

Your first action after losing the books was to continue studying instead of locate them
EDIT: Several turns after you found them, you KEPT THEM out of reach of other people, intentionally and knowingly, causing the malus to remain

How do you plan to copy the books if someone else needs them to study...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:05:24 pm by CyberGenesis »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2013, 07:05:05 pm »

You know, maybe try to tone down your reactions, you come across as someone really hysterical. Fuckups are expected and are a part of the game, but come on, this isn't a way to do it.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2013, 07:39:18 pm »

The point is that the library is not the be all and end all of this game. Most of us are doing just fine without it. Even if you do manage Adept - to what purpose? You have no options outside of your fellow magi for choices on learning a new element. So there's really no rush

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2013, 07:47:19 pm »

Two of you, just stop arguing, you're going nowhere.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2013, 08:13:45 pm »

Two of you, just stop arguing, you're going nowhere.

Shhh I posted my turn, now i'm bored

Dont YOU have a turn to post?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:28:46 pm by CyberGenesis »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 68