Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46215 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 12.
« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2013, 07:35:51 pm »

Complete lack of acceptance of fault? Continued intentional screwing of the party? Sorta indicates you still think you're in the right. A little self-serving action here and there isn't going to be frowned on - we are mostly evil afterall - but intentionally screwing the party is a completely different issue.

The sad part is that this required an arguement in the first place to point it out...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2013, 08:56:47 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Fourteen: Something in the Dark.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Sholan,
[6,5] You descend into the catacombs and task the skeletons and zombies with excavating debris and reporting to you if theres anything of interest found. And while your skeletons and zombies are not attacked, they do report to you that they found an open tomb, with a single sarcophagus holding a skeleton. In niches around the walls, there are about 20 more skeletal remains. However this entire room resonates with death magic, and the two skeletons that entered the room, are no longer standing. Though their remains are now amongst those in the room. You do detect a rather strong aura of Death Magic around this room. So you could try removing the skeletal remains yourself, or making a note of this place. But currently, there is no easy way to acquire these remains.
---
Patrizio
[?] Your contact takes up his charge with a sort of religious fervor from what you hear. The militia have been shamed into mobilizing to deal with these so called wild beasts, but at the least, the peasants have mostly decided to avoid the forest around your tower.
[4] The gem certainly has some interesting traces of magic, but you cant really tell how so. Though if you were to take a guess, you'd likely not place it in the field of Void magic. Your suspicions lead you to believe it could augment either Earth or Blood magic. Perhaps as the centerpiece of a staff. It looks remarkably similar to the crystal sitting atop Sholan's staff, when you can catch a look at it.
---
Helfd
You head to town with the collected wealth of the tower, and return home with a wagon full of axes. You can arm the skeletons now, Or simply stockpile them for a later day.
---
Jerik
[3-2] Alas the missing books really manage to drag down your attempts to study this week. Since you havent spent much time on studying due to the pile of missing books, you instead head down into the storage room and try to raise some skeletons.
[2+1] Your longstanding skills in the art of Bone Magic come to your rescue here, and before long several of the skeletal remains have stood, awaiting your dark command. Or someones dark command. +5 Skeletal Minions.
---
Maxine
[3] Well, Void magic really relates to the destruction of things, and you've lost the books, which means that they do still exist..somewhere. Just a matter of finding them. Now had you destroyed them, you might, -might- be able to reverse Void magic them into existence. But you think that might be a bad idea at your current level of magical talent.
[4] A few more books come back into your possession, as near as you can tell you've recovered them all.
---
Roland
[2] Your experiments bear little fruit this attempt, since it seems that you're having some troubles finding the insight you need to progress. Still, you didnt ruin any of your supplies. So theres that!
---
Detani
[4,2] They clam up pretty quickly and just wait. They kind of have a rough look about them but sure, they could be mercenary guards, or bandits. You just cant tell. Fortunately they havent noticed you.
---
Samuel
[4] Apart from the usual jobs on offer, you find nothing else. Though there is always a chance that there might be some merchant caravans coming through soon.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
Summer is fading into Fall. And shortly the harvest will be in.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:00:56 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2013, 08:59:01 pm »

Complete lack of acceptance of fault? Continued intentional screwing of the party? Sorta indicates you still think you're in the right. A little self-serving action here and there isn't going to be frowned on - we are mostly evil afterall - but intentionally screwing the party is a completely different issue.
Not intentionally. I do admit, I'm wrong. That's why I'm giving up arguing against it.
Do I need to spell everything out?

The sad part is that this required an arguement in the first place to point it out...
IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! STOP THINKING I DID IT ON PURPOSE!

Oh hey look ninja update.

Replace MOST of the books. Keep some relating to Earth Magic to study from. Study in the library or from the books.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:04:23 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 13.
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2013, 08:59:57 pm »

Jerik: Forage
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2013, 09:01:41 pm »

Keep experimenting. Can I heat the blood? If so, up to what point?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2013, 09:02:33 pm »

Throw a rock at a nearby place. See how they react, bandits shoot first while guards call out.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 06, 2013, 09:28:26 pm »

I feel I must point this out, to clarify.

Studying an element, will not give you advancements in magical rank. It only gives you access to that element, in a trained sense so you no longer suffer a malus trying to cast those spells.
Generalized study -will- give you progress towards higher magical ranks.But will not give you a new element, just the space for them.
So if you keep books back to study just the Earth Element, your action is sort of wasted. Since you cant learn it as you have no remaining element slots, since you're still an Apprentice. Also you dont -need- to have books. Since a fellow player can spend action(s) to teach you the element. Without using the Library.

Also I highly doubt the other players are going to put up with you keeping any books. Removing any books from the library is going to limit the powers of the Library. And in the event of catastrophic rolls, books are going to go missing.
Now admittedly right this second you're not going to be causing any serious harm since you'll just be hurting people who try to study the Earth element, but that is still likely to annoy players.

The Library is not the be all end all of the tower.
There are other things to do.
And if you take an action that I interpret as being potentially harmful to the capabilities of a room in the tower..Yeah, its going to cause a malus to happen.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 06, 2013, 10:05:47 pm »

I feel I must point this out, to clarify.

Studying an element, will not give you advancements in magical rank. It only gives you access to that element, in a trained sense so you no longer suffer a malus trying to cast those spells.
Generalized study -will- give you progress towards higher magical ranks.But will not give you a new element, just the space for them.
So if you keep books back to study just the Earth Element, your action is sort of wasted. Since you cant learn it as you have no remaining element slots, since you're still an Apprentice. Also you dont -need- to have books. Since a fellow player can spend action(s) to teach you the element. Without using the Library.
Glad I finally got that figured out.

Also I highly doubt the other players are going to put up with you keeping any books. Removing any books from the library is going to limit the powers of the Library. And in the event of catastrophic rolls, books are going to go missing.
Now admittedly right this second you're not going to be causing any serious harm since you'll just be hurting people who try to study the Earth element, but that is still likely to annoy players.
I'm replacing most of the books, shouldn't that remove most/half of the penalty?

The Library is not the be all end all of the tower.
There are other things to do.
Do any of them let me increase my level of skill with the only weapon I'm skilled at?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2013, 12:04:39 am »

"Well this is surprising!" Sholan was muttering to himself while he knelt outside the Tomb, staring at the pair of bone piles that were recently added to the room. "Wonder who is in here..."

See if the Diary mentions anything about the Tomb. Study the magics of the tomb with or without the help of the diary, see if anything could be learned from it. Try sending a human zombie into the room to collect the remains

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 07, 2013, 02:41:07 am »

My contact did the job admiarably well, but apparently some of the guardsmen took up the idea of defending the town. It would be harmful to engage them directly,m but if the forest were to be spiked full of traps people definitely would avoid it. and the gem was certainly a powerful one, granting boosts to Earth sphere. I had to use it.

Cover the forest in magical traps - hidden pits that swallow and kill those who step on them.
Try finding a solid oak branch for a staff.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 07, 2013, 02:55:21 am »

Back the abyss.

Study in library, otherwise take 10 skeletal with me into the far Catacombs
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:02:36 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2013, 06:55:21 am »

Take the skeletons to clear the surrounding area around the tower. Use the felled trees to build a palisade...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 14.
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2013, 11:30:30 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Fifteen: Crap they might be on to you.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Sholan,
The Diary doesnt say jack about this room. Well, thats a pity.
[2] And apparently you have no idea how to even begin studying this room. So you send in a zombie. It lasts a few minutes before it slumps to the ground and is still.

---
Patrizio
[4,4] Stalking through the forest in a circuit around the tower, you lay dozens of pit traps by utilizing your magical prowess. You almost run into a few patrols but manage to evade them. You're almost certain at least some of your pit traps have claimed some lives already.
---
Helfd
You only manage to get about 10 of the skeletons together, Since many of the others are being used. However, labor commences!
[5] The skeletons attack the forest with...um...vigor? No we cant say that..Well whatever you call it, the skeletons are mowing through this forest.
[1] They have however, been spotted by a patrol of militia. They could run/scatter or engage the militia.
---
Jerik
[5] You stride through the lower levels, passing Sholan and his room full of stuff, you travel a little deeper, your torchlight flickering...Noises of nature abound here, and the air takes on a certain humidity that seems to suggest an underground water source.
[Battle!]
You find yourself vastly outnumbered by Giant Salamanders and their young, fighting to defend their nesting area.
[?] Showing some remarkable preservation ideas rather than fight, you blitz backwards, trying to find Sholan and his small troop, in the hopes that will even things up a bit.
[4] You run fast and far, and find yourself in familiar territory once more, and are not pursued.
[1] There is no chance you could navigate back to that nest on purpose.
---
Maxine, Samuel
[5,1] You manage to secure the Library this week.
[1, 3] However you manage to knock over a candle while studying and do what appears to be remarkable damage to the books. Fortunately its not as bad as it looks.
Plus you never got around to putting the books back. Since you were busy fighting fires.
[3] Samuel, with a vanguard of skeletons you travel deep into the catacombs, and find dust, cobwebs, mildew and brackish water. But apart from that nothing.
---
Roland
[3] Your experiments go much better this week. It appears you can do a number of interesting things with blood magic, but of course, you knew that as its the element you're currently best at. You have the feeling that continuing to experiment and practice in this way may bear fruit somewhere down the line. -1 Barrel of Blood.
---
Detani
[4,2] You throw a rock and within seconds of it landing the group before you is moving to your position, having accurately tracked the path of the thrown rock. They are approaching with blades drawn, and one calls out 'Who's There?'
[?] Deciding to try to sneak away and not be discovered, you slink off into the night, managing to slip away and resume watching them. They're somewhat unsettled by random rocks being thrown around, but figure it was just some forest spirit playing a joke on them.
(Do they? Perhaps normally but who said I draw on normalcy?)
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
None Observed.
---

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2013, 11:44:15 pm »

Noticing Jerik returning from deep in the catacombs, and damn exhausted at that, Sholan pipes up, "Having fun down there? I seem to be at a loss for the time being with this place, would you like some assistance?"

If Jerik agrees, follow him back down with the remains of my research group. Else, Head to the library to study on Death magics - a better foothold in the lore may provide ideas or answers to the tomb - If neither of these is possible/works out - Then march into the Tomb without any minions
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 06:54:39 pm by CyberGenesis »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2013, 05:22:20 am »

THat was unfortunate, Helfd had not been expecting a whole Group of Militiamen this close to the Tower...from afar he waved to them before getting closer

Good Morning Gentlemen! What are you doing in this part of the Forest? I hope you don't mind that i and my servants are clearing a few of the trees. I know they seem menacing but it's hard to find good personnel these days.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68