Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46220 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 10.
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2013, 07:47:33 pm »

"Good for now."

Put books in a safe place. Study in the library; if not possible, study the purloined books. Focus on Earth magic, that sounds useful.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »

Oh so you're not returning them to the library immediately? That means the library remains at a -2 penalty. And I'll have to retcon the turn to hit Jerik with the full penalty.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »

Jerik smiled, something he rarely did since his exile. This method of learning magic was MUCH better than the contractual teachings and self experimentation he'd performed in those early days. It took days to figure out how he'd even performed the magical fluke that had gotten him exiled in the first place.
"Ah.. That one mana bolt to the local guard captain. A bit crazy, but it was a good start.."
Jerik: Continue Studying.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2013, 08:24:31 pm »

Oh so you're not returning them to the library immediately?
Not if that means I wouldn't be able to study them if I don't get into the library.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2013, 08:26:15 pm »

Right we are then. OREOSOME! By the Power of Retcon you no longer have your 25% to Adept, the Library still has dozens of missing tomes.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2013, 09:36:56 pm »

Upon returning to the tower, Sholan overheard the issues Maxine caused with the library. Unpleased, he decided to seek her out and straighten any misconceptions there might be about the issue.

He didn't try very hard to find her though, having other pressing matters to attend to, and decided to simply leave a note on her room door.

~Maxine
Do try to locate the missing tomes from the library. I would prefer we not have missing tomes and missing tenants.
Sincerely,
Sholan

Satisfied with the simple and succinct relay to Maxine, he ordered a small handful of skeletons doing little else in the tower to scour the entire place looking for any books at all and returning them to the library.

Diary in hand, Sholan took Sally, half a dozen skeletons and his latest batch of zombies into the catacombs. The skeletons were ordered to start clearing the debris from the recent cave in. The rest were brought along to head deeper into the catacombs. (With or without Samuel)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:38:33 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2013, 09:43:37 pm »

Spoiler: Detani's Diary (click to show/hide)

Follow the tracks.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2013, 08:10:38 am »

"Before I would be able to get on with any viable research or organising this place books had to be protected. If everyone treated them in the same way as Maxine did, there would ot be much of library left. It was time for me to don the robes of librarian and really take care of things."

Go to the libray. Set up wards on the entrances, blocking exit to anyone trying to take any books outside of the room. You can bring books in with no problem however.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2013, 09:43:14 am »

Damn, Idiots losing books all over the place.

Patrizio you need help setting up the Wards?

Help Patrizio set up wards, then without any common courtesy and help of all remaining free skeletons scour Maxines Chamber for the goddamn missing books.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2013, 04:02:43 pm »

Geez. I roll badly once, now I'll never hear the end of it...
Sig

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2013, 07:19:09 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Thirteen: That damn Library eh?.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is more or less cleaned up, but still old.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Sholan, Samuel
Sholan orders some of the skeletons to try to find any books in the tower, and bring them back to the library. [2] They fail outright.
[?,?] Together you two saunter about through the catacombs, heading deeper and using the skeletons and zombies to protect you while you fiddle with doors, and check for things you can still use.
You lost a few skeletons down there, and one zombie. But triumphantly haul up nearly a dozen skeleton remains.
Whatever destroyed your skeletons, left no trace.
---
Patrizio, Helfd
[???] You start setting wards with the intended purpose of stopping someone from removing books from the library. Its incredibly slow going, but eventually you devise a system wherein you mark each book, and if they cross the threshold of the door they'll put out pulses of magic that should cause the stone of the doorway to slam together, or cause the perpetrators bones to shatter.. Maybe. Its not all that strong a ward yet. And you have to apply it to every single book. This will take time, unless you can devise a better way.

[?] Skeletons under your commands focus their search exclusively in Maxine's chamber. But find nothing. Not one damn book.
---
Jerik, Maxine
[4,3] Once more Maxine, you are ousted from the library by another, once more you turn to your purloined books to make some progress.
[6-2] Jerik, although so many tomes are missing, your study has paid off. You have made some progress towards becoming an Adept. (50% to Adept)
[4-1] You too make some small progress, when you're not interrupted by skeletons seeking books, and have to hide your tomes lest they be taken from you. Still, this is going to be exceptionally slow going. (75% to Adept)
---
Roland
[4] You use blood magic to slow the loss of blood from the wounds you inflicted, magically or otherwise. You then rush back to the tower and rush back carrying two barrels and rolling another. Working quickly you manage to get the dead peasants mostly drained, and then buried [5] before anyone comes across them.
Seems like a bit of a waste of bodies, but you can always come back for them.

---
Detani
[6,2] You follow the tracks deeper into the forest, for hours. You only -barely- manage to escape your single minded track focus long enough to note that you're about to stumble into a clearing with about [8] guys sitting around a campfire. There are about 20 crates here, that they seem to be guarding. [3] You overhear snatches of conversation about how their partners are late.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
Try as they might, the skeletal minions under your command have no luck tracking down the missing tomes.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2013, 07:26:50 pm »

Jerik: Continue to study, or Raise more skeletons if not possible.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 12.
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2013, 07:41:24 pm »

Wonder why a few books from the library have a lower penalty than the library missing some books.

Continue studying. Ponder the possibility of using reverse Void magic to un-lose the books. Look for the books. Complain.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:58:38 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2013, 07:52:03 pm »

Roland, satisfied of his collecting, interrupted his magical work for a few minutes when the skeletons passed by and he learned what they were looking for.

Since he was not one for waiting around and hesitating, he went straight to business; he confronted Maxine in her apartments.

"So, Maxine, what's this business about lost books I've been hearing of?"

--------

Also:
Start experimenting on the blood. Can I solidify small quantities of it? Can I give it special properties?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:48:10 pm by Shootandrun »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2013, 07:54:21 pm »

Because you stole the books you needed. Hence they are more ..appropriate for the purposes of studying.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 68