Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108331 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #960 on: February 04, 2013, 08:52:44 pm »

Whatever we do, we should ask Krait for help with the flying. He asked us to, and probably knows how better than us. Besides, we're all Friends in Chaos here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:10 pm »

... What about a giant cannon to launch things, along with parachutes? Because why the fuck not.
It's stupid, inaccurate, and needlessly dangerous?

Why not just some sort of giant air-jellyfish? Or giant beetle with a bladder of lifting gas under its carapace, replacing its wings? Or a roc?
Alright. In that case may I suggest something like the title creature from the book Leviathan.
Hell yes. Whale blimp, here we come.
Perhaps we can reincarnate souls into them.
And give it flechette shitting bats.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 04, 2013, 09:06:11 pm »

... What about a giant cannon to launch things, along with parachutes? Because why the fuck not.
It's stupid, inaccurate, and needlessly dangerous?

Why not just some sort of giant air-jellyfish? Or giant beetle with a bladder of lifting gas under its carapace, replacing its wings? Or a roc?
Alright. In that case may I suggest something like the title creature from the book Leviathan.
Hell yes. Whale blimp, here we come.
Perhaps we can reincarnate souls into them.
And give it flechette shitting bats.
Definitely.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 04, 2013, 09:07:05 pm »

How about whale blimps that have heavy cannons that launch explosive shells?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 04, 2013, 09:27:15 pm »

How about whale blimps that have heavy cannons that launch explosive shells?
Filled with flaming flechette shitting bats?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 04, 2013, 09:31:09 pm »

No flechitting bats. That's just a poor idea. They had that to work with. We have so much more.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 04, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »

No flechitting bats. That's just a poor idea. They had that to work with. We have so much more.
Flaming ones, of course.  That have multiple flechettes.  That spread the spores.  And those that miss seed Stems.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 04, 2013, 09:35:55 pm »

I feel like those ideas were wavering between serious and joking?  I also missed the reference.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 04, 2013, 09:37:50 pm »

By the way, the US military did actually look into bat bombs during WWII. They were bombs, full of bats with little incendiary devices on them. They worked really well--a mere half-dozen bats managed to accidentally burn down a military base, and a single bomb could hold thousands of them.

It was discontinued, possibly because fission bombs were right around the corner.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:34 pm »

I feel like those ideas were wavering between serious and joking?  I also missed the reference.
Completely serious.  And it's a sci-fi book set in the time leading up to WWI, where the allies use genetic engineering to create some genuinely awesome shit.  Such as giant flying whales for airships, that use bees to collect food, has hawks trailing razor wire to fuck up planes, and bats that shit flechettes over a target when they see red light.  They also have Kraken, and large wooly mammoths for tanks.  And that's just scratching the surface.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 04, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »

By the way, the US military did actually look into bat bombs during WWII. They were bombs, full of bats with little incendiary devices on them. They worked really well--a mere half-dozen bats managed to accidentally burn down a military base, and a single bomb could hold thousands of them.

It was discontinued, possibly because fission bombs were right around the corner.
I believe it was because some got out and roosted under a rather large fuel tank.  And then the full scale invasion of the Japanese mainland was cancelled, due to the end of the war.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:27 pm »

Completely serious.  And it's a sci-fi book set in the time leading up to WWI, where the allies use genetic engineering to create some genuinely awesome shit.  Such as giant flying whales for airships, that use bees to collect food, has hawks trailing razor wire to fuck up planes, and bats that shit flechettes over a target when they see red light.  They also have Kraken, and large wooly mammoths for tanks.  And that's just scratching the surface.
None of those sound practical, and few sound possible.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:51 pm »

We could have fleshit bats. Or, we could have birds, which are faster, that breathe fire. Or shit exploding poop.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 04, 2013, 09:43:22 pm »

And the other side have mechs.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 04, 2013, 09:52:35 pm »

None of those sound practical, and few sound possible.
Think of the bees as miners gathering oil for feeding an engine, the kraken would actually be pretty effective against ships, since they could just pull them under if they were made strong enough, or just be strong enough to crush the ship, the hawks served the same purpose as barrage balloons, which were very effective against planes, by the way, and the bats would be an effective delivery system, since they could function with great effect both day and night, and if one goes down, it's no big deal, since they only carry one of two flechettes anyways.  And the whales were about as practical as an airship, which is to say incredibly practical.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72