Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108303 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #930 on: February 04, 2013, 06:56:33 am »

I'll add my stone to the trog debate by saying that depriving them of their free will is
1) evil
2) slashing our income compared to the scenario where we DONT deprive them of their free will and have them willignly worship us.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 04, 2013, 07:19:21 am »

My two cents: modify the stems so that they can amalgamate themselves into larger beings.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 04, 2013, 08:31:56 am »

on a completely different subject.

We need heavy shock troops, correct? for most other uses we have the stems/saps (main troops), dragons (Heavy Air), drakes (Ground support), firejackets (Light air) and spiders (light round support).

Now, think of a tank. A Main Battle Tank.

Now, use life magic to create a bio-machine that looks and operates like a real life tank that can be manned by stems.

They could either fire shaped explosive charges (our alchemist is already making the explosives) or fire flames or spores from its cannon.

It's heavy armour (heavier if we clad it in steel over the hull) would be good against the hoards of he EoT and Maher.
But it'll be a magnet for magic attacks, since individuals can be given much greater power than possible in our reality, it would go poof fairly quickly.  It would also not make much sense because we are not in trench warfare, which reduces the need for an armoured vehicle that can withstand infantry level fire; nor are we facing other tanks, which nullifies the other purpose for having a tank, and completely nullifies any reason for having shaped charges.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 04, 2013, 10:46:15 am »

We need heavy shock troops, correct? for most other uses we have the stems/saps (main troops), dragons (Heavy Air), drakes (Ground support), firejackets (Light air) and spiders (light round support).

Now, use life magic to create a bio-machine that looks and operates like a real life tank that can be manned by stems.

They could either fire shaped explosive charges (our alchemist is already making the explosives) or fire flames or spores from its cannon.

It's heavy armour (heavier if we clad it in steel over the hull) would be good against the hoards of he EoT and Maher.
But it'll be a magnet for magic attacks, since individuals can be given much greater power than possible in our reality, it would go poof fairly quickly.  It would also not make much sense because we are not in trench warfare, which reduces the need for an armoured vehicle that can withstand infantry level fire; nor are we facing other tanks, which nullifies the other purpose for having a tank, and completely nullifies any reason for having shaped charges.

true, but i bet swarms of fast armoured vehicles using shaped charges and manned by expendable stems would give various larger beings (like Mahers Bone Colossus) a headache.

and they'd be able to mow through infantry and act as shields for our infantry when fighting enemy armies.

they could also act as mobile siege guns to help us siege places that are held by our enemies.

or used as AAA platforms that can take down enemy air power.

plus there would be nothing stopping us from bestowing the same magical protection on them as Tiberius enjoys.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:49:19 am by kahn1234 »

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 04, 2013, 03:18:19 pm »

true, but i bet swarms of fast armoured vehicles using shaped charges and manned by expendable stems would give various larger beings (like Mahers Bone Colossus) a headache.

and they'd be able to mow through infantry and act as shields for our infantry when fighting enemy armies.

they could also act as mobile siege guns to help us siege places that are held by our enemies.

or used as AAA platforms that can take down enemy air power.

plus there would be nothing stopping us from bestowing the same magical protection on them as Tiberius enjoys.
Fair enough, but it we intend to use them to fight infantry we should develop an anti-personal round first.

As for the bone colossus, it's the size of a mountain, and even if we're talking about mountains the size of the Appalachians, that's a hell of a lot bigger than one or two or a thousand tanks are gonna have much luck against.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:19 pm »

My two cents: modify the stems so that they can amalgamate themselves into larger beings.

That sounds good

About the trogs, how about instead of making them like serving us just make them enjoy working hard.  Sort of like how dwarves are industrious, these could be similar.  It doesn't force them to work for us or to perform specific tasks but it does make them try their best at everything they do which would make them good citizens.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 04, 2013, 04:28:35 pm »

About the trogs, how about instead of making them like serving us just make them enjoy working hard.  Sort of like how dwarves are industrious, these could be similar.  It doesn't force them to work for us or to perform specific tasks but it does make them try their best at everything they do which would make them good citizens.
I can dig it

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 04, 2013, 05:41:27 pm »

Even if we accept your premise ("We need tanks"), why would we make bio-machines?
We could make them fully biological, which removes the need for Stems to man it and also fits with our current feats better (not to mention isn't so anachronistic).
We could make them fully mechanical, reducing complexity and maintenance as well as protecting them from death magic.
Making them a weird hybrid gives them the weaknesses of both and few advantages of either.

I can dig it
I like the idea of making them motivated, or high achievers. Rather than restricting their abilities, it encourages them to reach higher and higher, helping them improve their position. I approve.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 04, 2013, 05:45:14 pm »

I thought Reborn were our tanks. Why do we need something else?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 04, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »

I can dig it
I like the idea of making them motivated, or high achievers. Rather than restricting their abilities, it encourages them to reach higher and higher, helping them improve their position. I approve.
As long as we allow them to also enjoy lazing about for at least a day or so. They could still resent us if we force them to work every day or risk utter boredom.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 04, 2013, 07:30:32 pm »

I can dig it
As long as we allow them to also enjoy lazing about for at least a day or so. They could still resent us if we force them to work every day or risk utter boredom.
Oh, of course. We shouldn't remove their ability to enjoy leisure. I imagine a simple drive for self-improvement would lead to as many master card players as master masons, or whatever.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 04, 2013, 07:39:05 pm »

Please don't let that be a foreshadowing of a future race we create that doesn't enjoy doing anything other than playing cards. :P
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 04, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »

Please don't let that be a foreshadowing of a future race we create that doesn't enjoy doing anything other than playing cards. :P
A race of poker prodigies...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 04, 2013, 08:00:10 pm »

I wonder if we could gamble for souls with the EoT. And ah, bend the rules a little with some chaos...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 04, 2013, 08:02:12 pm »

I don't think the order gods are likely to participate in any gambling.  If anything they'll just want to kill us more. :(
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72