Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108056 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2013, 07:24:00 pm »

Compromise means no one is happy. However, it does mean that everyone is as least unhappy as possible.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 26, 2013, 07:26:47 pm »

Since when does "compromise" mean "completely different solution"?
Haven't you ever heard the 'compromise is where nobody is happy' saying?
I get the feeling that this compromise might be making you happy.
Maybe we should just give him a name consisting almost entirely of consonants.  Just to add the to scary.
Jr Hm? Jrt? Chls? Nope.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 26, 2013, 07:37:46 pm »

Maybe we should just give him a name consisting almost entirely of consonants.  Just to add the to scary.
Jr Hm? Jrt? Chls? Nope.
Or, you know, make an original name?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 26, 2013, 07:46:54 pm »

Jr Hm? Jrt? Chls? Nope.
Or, you know, make an original name?
It's a Slenderman. We can save originality for our other creations.

(My vote is still on Jara Something-Or-Other.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2013, 07:49:21 pm »

Here is an idea what about we just give the species a name and his purpose in this world. Then, let him come up with a name.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 26, 2013, 07:57:25 pm »

Here is an idea what about we just give the species a name and his purpose in this world. Then, let him come up with a name.
+1
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 26, 2013, 08:01:14 pm »

+1
Jaras?
Sig

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 26, 2013, 08:08:36 pm »

+1
+1, may as well. He may hear something he likes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 26, 2013, 08:11:46 pm »

+1
+1, may as well. He may hear something he likes.
Just to be clear, I support this idea as well. "Jaras" was the idea for the species name, since so many name suggestions included "Jara" in them.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 26, 2013, 09:39:47 pm »

I propose the species be known as either Bagels, or Slendermine. THEY BELONG TO US
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 26, 2013, 09:44:21 pm »

I propose the species be known as either Bagels, or Slendermine. THEY BELONG TO US
Jaras. Slender-anything is too cliche, and Bagels should wait until we have a more p[erfect reflection of ourselves on the world.
Sig

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 26, 2013, 10:05:22 pm »

Jaras. Slender-anything is too cliche, and Bagels should wait until we have a more perfect reflection of ourselves on the world.
Jaramen.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 26, 2013, 10:24:48 pm »

Good point, GWG. The second one, anyway. Why Jaras? That reminds me of Star Wars.

Maybe we should let him decide his own species name. Tell him our name, what we created him for and why, that it was a pleasant surprise to find him sentient, and show him what we've done. Over the course of a few hours. Don't want to overwhelm the poor thing. It's only a baby, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 26, 2013, 10:28:43 pm »

Good point, GWG. The second one, anyway. Why Jaras? That reminds me of Star Wars.

Maybe we should let him decide his own species name. Tell him our name, what we created him for and why, that it was a pleasant surprise to find him sentient, and show him what we've done. Over the course of a few hours. Don't want to overwhelm the poor thing. It's only a baby, after all.
I think the name was meant for Animorphs.

But this man does have a point. Lets let him decide. Though I think a race of telepaths would have emotions or ideas in place of proper nouns.
And while it would be nice to take a few hours to show him around, we have a tournament to get back to. We built this guy in half the time it has taken to get the next fighters prepared.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm »

Jara was the name we agreed on best.

I'm not sure if we should lay too much responsibility on him,...
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 72