Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108169 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2013, 05:39:27 pm »

We do need expand the afterlife, but
1) not now, when we have other things to do
2) Not before we increase it's defenses

Its defenses are adequate at the moment. The main reason the other afterlife failed is due to the god 'disappearing' meaning that the barrier on the perimeter failed, letting in the voidspawn.

If we triple the afterlifes are, and give it a garrison of ent-angels and chaos golems, then it should hold.

I really think  that making firejackets barely sentient is a good idea.
1\100 or 1\50 of mana per firejacket can grant us some nice income in future
Rediculous idea.
It's based on a good theory...just an erronous one.

still doesnt mean we should do it.

I think we should think about new minor boons, many new minor boons... Maybe grant every worshiper with the boon of their choice?

Imagine how interesting religion is, when god promises - move to my village, pray at my temple and you get a boon from me,  automatically, just describe what you want, and what is compatible with my domains and not very powerful and you'll get it

Minorbooned worshiper with a temple = +1 net mana + all benefits of the boon
Even without temple and ten minutes worship it's nonloss sceanario

a non-loss scanario? we would be effectively halving our mana income with little to no gain.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2013, 05:43:53 pm »

a non-loss scanario? we would be effectively halving our mana income with little to no gain.
Boon = no gain? Seriously? Having population of mages will skyrocket economy and military power
Attracting new worshipers = no gain?

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2013, 05:44:26 pm »

The other gods aren't that generous with boons, so far we've only known the warriors and preists of the other civs to have boons, and with the dwarfs we THINK they might have boons, but even if they do, that could be a builder caste.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2013, 05:46:53 pm »

Boon = no gain? Seriously? Having population of mages will skyrocket economy and military power

Key word there is MAGES. aka, magic users who wont be sapping half our potential mana income.

and, if you hadnt noticed, we havent actually got many options on the worshipper front. all the surrounding settlements are controlled by other gods. the exception is Ceres, which is controlled by a dozen gods.

Unless you want to create even more enemies, i'd suggest breeding the current mortals we have, and maybe, once we have the flying fortress, trying to find villages which havnt got gods and bring them back to Minas Iroh (or let them live in the (hopfully ample) living room on the fortress).

Second option is, once we befriend Serena and hopefully ally with Maher, create a pantheon where we all share our mana income and followers. Although, this is highly impractical in the short term.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:49:58 pm by kahn1234 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2013, 05:49:32 pm »

*facepalm*
Yeah, mana is made not for spending it on magic.... Spending it on magic = wasting

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2013, 05:50:27 pm »

about Laksus.

Laksus is the hammer in our toolbox. we love him for that and we want to keep him happy. but from the rest of our setup hes an outsider. him and Tiberius seem to have a mutual respect and rivalry going.

I think we may want to keep Laksus and the rest of the faith somewhat seperated. Over time if he embraces our ideals we can bring them closer.

bur right now, Laksus is our tool. a tool we have a relationship with. but an outsider aswell.

Key word there is MAGES. aka, magic users who wont be sapping half our potential mana income.

its ambitious and a supreme example of chaos. but I'm not for it.
boons are a way to reward individuals. (sure we could just do that with major boons).

what I dont like about it is that it sucks the special right out of the boons

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2013, 05:51:54 pm »

*facepalm*
Yeah, mana is made not for spending it on magic.... Spending it on magic = wasting

Spending it on useless magic is wasting. we dont need to give farmers farming boons. We already supply all the non-meat and non-dairy food our villagers could possibly eat.

Unless you want to focus on animal produce, it would be a waste.

A Chaos boon for the alchemist would only cause problems.

The only boon i could see being helpful in the long run would be fire, but all our possible enemies have ways of easily dissipating or negating fires effects. Plus, we already ahve the firejackets and we also have the resources to create more Chaos Golems.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:53:53 pm by kahn1234 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2013, 05:53:29 pm »

We supply sort of a meat.

I think we should get some more food animals and plants; people like a variety of food. Not just giant melons. Even ambrosia and nectar will get old eventually.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2013, 05:55:18 pm »

I think we should get some more food animals and plants; people like a variety of food. Not just giant melons. Even ambrosia and nectar will get old eventually.

Currently we have meat melons for animals, multi-flavoured melons for our villages, some farm animals (although i dont think we have enough to get a meat/dairy industry going) the nectar and one or two other minor things.

I agree we could do with setting up a fully functional meat and dairy industry.

Also, we need those bone-sheep. Ivory trade would net us lots of money and produce us with a strong base for cheap weapons (metal-bone weapons for our saps and stems?).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:57:32 pm by kahn1234 »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2013, 05:56:58 pm »

Currently we have meat melons for animals, multi-flavoured melons for our villages, some farm animals (although i dont think we have enough to get a meat/dairy industry going) the nectar and one or two other minor things.

I agree we could do with setting up a fully functional meat and dairy industry.

lets only do this when it becomes clear to us that our followers are lacking spice in their life. right now they're happy? content? we should probably check in on them during the feast.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2013, 05:57:34 pm »

Bacon Bushes. Cheese Trees. This is a necessity.

Speaking of the feast, there is even more reason to get some variety quickly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2013, 05:58:27 pm »

Ok, no universal boon granting, that was only an option. But what about boosting our economy with like 10 minor plant life boons for our farmers?

20 mana daily is almost nothing,  and this guys will have the impact for our economy. And the whole idea = we have enough food,  no need to improve agriculture is ridiculous. Our agriculture is megauniversal

Life booned can grow trade goods, they can grow houses, they can grow a palisade, they can boost stems to saps, that can invent new plants, they can tend for the fire tree, they can build plant based roads. And all that in background. And they'll become better and better while improving their skills
And they will be useful in combat, too...

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2013, 05:58:49 pm »

are lacking spice in their life

which reminds me. We also need to set up a dye industry (a profitable industry on its own, with the ability to up our clothing income) and a spices industry.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2013, 05:59:16 pm »

Ok, no universal boon granting, that was only an option. But what about boosting our economy with like 10 minor plant life boons for our farmers?

20 mana daily is almost nothing,  and this guys will have the impact for our economy. And the whole idea = we have enough food,  no need to improve agriculture is ridiculous. Our agriculture is megauniversal

Life booned can grow trade goods, they can grow houses, they can grow a palisade, they can boost stems to saps, that can invent new plants, they can tend for the fire tree, they can build plant based roads. And all that in background. And they'll become better and better while improving their skills
And they will be useful in combat, too...

this I am okay with.

edit:

which reminds me. We also need to set up a dye industry (a profitable industry on its own, with the ability to up our clothing income) and a spices industry.

watch where you snip your quotes there ;) this comes dangerously close to purposefully misquoting.
dye industry sounds fun... techni-colour has chaos written all over it. but its seriously not a current priority.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:01:45 pm by Talvara »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2013, 06:00:00 pm »

That's what our villagers can do themself, if we grant them life boons
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72