Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108197 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2013, 04:32:01 pm »

Sending Stems to Serena will help us test their martial prowess against the orcs.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2013, 04:32:58 pm »

Again, sentience is different from a soul. I think. Sentience means intelligence, while a soul means personality. And then free will is another thing altogether.

For example, a dog has free will and a soul, but no sentience. Dogs have personality and freedom of choice, but they aren't intelligent enough to really worship.

An AI may have free will and sentience, but it probably doesn't have a soul for a while. Until it develops a personality.

And finally, a race of creatures enslaved to our will might have sentience and a soul, if we give them the ability to think for themselves and have different ways of solving problems, but they probably don't have free will, at least if we force them to worship us.

On another note, Stems are fine. They used to grow 25 seeds, now it just means there is no absolute limit. Do you want to suddenly have to deal with 1000s of them before we have enough space to support them? Beside the fact that our soil would have it's nutrients drained incredibly fast...

2 and a half average is a lot, still. Unless you mean up it to like five or six, and begin eugenics with them. Cross pollenation and the like.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2013, 05:03:37 pm »

No, I mean hundreds of seeds.  We want the spread them out, so that a single strike can't decapitate us, whether it's from Maher, Grahuafglkiabjlafkv, or the EoT.  Also, we aren't forcing them to worship us, just hard wiring them genetically to worship us.  That way we can only really die via the extinction of the stems.  And if we grow them in that number then we do have instant armies, which we may need in the future, plus then we can theoretically overpower every other species/god on the planet...and then move onto others from there.
If we do go this route we may want to have them grow with a sword, that way when they come up in enemy territory they have a weapon, and it also eases logistics on our end.  Further, we may want to harden the seeds against the extremes of temperature, moisture, allow them to survive long periods of drought or flood via biostasis, as well as extremes of pressure and high radiation dosages (Of the lethal variety, of course).
All this is just for starters, of course.

And as far as spreading them, we may be able to enlist the help of our air powered friends to kick up some high winds for seed spreading.
EDIT: This is, of course, something meant to be done in the mid-term, as well as giving them souls/free will(to a degree)/sentience, thus allowing us to solve both our army and worshiper issues.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:06:17 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2013, 05:08:47 pm »

How about for now let's just ask our followers to pray for 1/2 an hour or an hour a day.  Right now they only go for 10 minutes which is a bit low when you think about it considering how much we do for them.

IRL back in the old days, people used to go to mass for hours and the whole day on Sunday.  They were okay with that and they didn't even have a god that actively makes the community better by performing almost daily miracles.  I don't think half an hour to an hour is that much to ask.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2013, 05:12:21 pm »

How about for now let's just ask our followers to pray for 1/2 an hour or an hour a day.  Right now they only go for 10 minutes which is a bit low when you think about it considering how much we do for them.

IRL back in the old days, people used to go to mass for hours and the whole day on Sunday.  They were okay with that and they didn't even have a god that actively makes the community better by performing almost daily miracles.  I don't think half an hour to an hour is that much to ask.
We can only do up to 20 minutes with this temple, with a better one we can go to 30.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2013, 05:14:16 pm »

Yeah...no. We're benevolent, A, and B, hard wiring them to worship us is taking away their free will. They won't be obliterated because they can keep planting and growing. They're like Orks. Except if Tyranids used that method. And weren't completely obliterating of every living thing.

Right now I think they pray 20 minutes, which is the most that will give us mana. Let's strengthen us temple up a notch!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2013, 05:15:06 pm »

I really think  that making firejackets barely sentient is a good idea.
1\100 or 1\50 of mana per firejacket can grant us some nice income in future

Rediculous idea.

3) Bigger afterlife = harder defense

We have currently less than 140 souls in the afterlife. it is ALREADY looking crowded.

Expansion of the afterlife is not optional, it is NEEDED.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2013, 05:16:53 pm »

We have currently less than 140 souls in the afterlife. it is ALREADY looking crowded.

+1

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2013, 05:17:34 pm »

No, I mean hundreds of seeds.  We want the spread them out, so that a single strike can't decapitate us, whether it's from Maher, Grahuafglkiabjlafkv, or the EoT.  Also, we aren't forcing them to worship us, just hard wiring them genetically to worship us.  That way we can only really die via the extinction of the stems.  And if we grow them in that number then we do have instant armies, which we may need in the future, plus then we can theoretically overpower every other species/god on the planet...and then move onto others from there.
If we do go this route we may want to have them grow with a sword, that way when they come up in enemy territory they have a weapon, and it also eases logistics on our end.  Further, we may want to harden the seeds against the extremes of temperature, moisture, allow them to survive long periods of drought or flood via biostasis, as well as extremes of pressure and high radiation dosages (Of the lethal variety, of course).

And as far as spreading them, we may be able to enlist the help of our air powered friends to kick up some high winds for seed spreading.
EDIT: This is, of course, something meant to be done in the mid-term, as well as giving them souls/free will(to a degree)/sentience, thus allowing us to solve both our army and worshiper issues.

if we're going to aim at spreading our plant people around the globe. I really think introducing the buds ( the smaller benign helpfull kind ) to the stem life cycle. We REALLY don't want to put our soldiers onto other gods lands we've got enough enemies as it is!

edit:

the brand of Chaos that I subscribe to, is freedom. I don't like asking our people to pray for us, the time they pray for us right now already rubs me the wrong way.

prayer is appreciated but not mandatory. Let them know it helps us be us. and then they can make the individual choice how they deal with that.

edit 2:

+1
+2

I agree expanding the afterlife isn't a luxury, its a necessity.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:21:05 pm by Talvara »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2013, 05:21:19 pm »

if we're going to aim at spreading our plant people around the globe. I really think introducing the buds ( the smaller benign helpfull kind ) to the stem life cycle. We REALLY don't want to put our soldiers onto other gods lands we've got enough enemies as it is!
It's more spread them around our lands, and enemy lands when we attack, so our armies have a local creation system going. Again, makes them almost impossible to kill off entirely without action by us or some god powers in the life or earth realm.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2013, 05:22:29 pm »

+1
+2
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2013, 05:31:31 pm »

It's more spread them around our lands, and enemy lands when we attack, so our armies have a local creation system going. Again, makes them almost impossible to kill off entirely without action by us or some god powers in the life or earth realm.

look if its not about spreading them across the globe then the 'bud' stage is probably not necicary. but 'just our lands' vibe is not what I'm getting from all players.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2013, 05:32:11 pm »

We do need expand the afterlife, but
1) not now, when we have other things to do
2) Not before we increase it's defenses
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »

I really think  that making firejackets barely sentient is a good idea.
1\100 or 1\50 of mana per firejacket can grant us some nice income in future
Rediculous idea.
It's based on a good theory...just an erronous one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2013, 05:38:57 pm »

I think we should think about new minor boons, many new minor boons... Maybe grant every worshiper with the boon of their choice?

Imagine how interesting religion is, when god promises - move to my village, pray at my temple and you get a boon from me,  automatically, just describe what you want, and what is compatible with my domains and not very powerful and you'll get it

Minorbooned worshiper with a temple = +1 net mana + all benefits of the boon
Even without temple and ten minutes worship it's nonloss sceanario
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 72