Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108148 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2013, 10:13:23 pm »

I think we ought to make it possible to have them grown in areas that aren't tilled, that way we can have the mole make us some breeding chambers, and maybe we can get some magical grow lights if we need them, seeing as how we have a neighbor who just so happens to have light as one of her spheres.
The stems and saps, that is.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2013, 10:24:37 pm »

I think we ought to make it possible to have them grown in areas that aren't tilled, that way we can have the mole make us some breeding chambers, and maybe we can get some magical grow lights if we need them, seeing as how we have a neighbor who just so happens to have light as one of her spheres.
That seems reasonable. It would also let us grow new troops in, pardon the pun, the field.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2013, 10:26:33 pm »

And thanks to our most recent upgrade, they wouldn't even need training.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2013, 10:26:51 pm »

That seems reasonable. It would also let us grow new troops in, pardon the pun, the field.
I get it.  How quickly do our soldiers grow?  Curious how effective that could actually be.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2013, 10:30:37 pm »

Well apparently our first batch of 75 grew in one week or less.  So pretty damn effective, especially in a siege or if we lose a battle and then leave a bunch of our soldiers behind to harass them so we can better regroup.  It would be like delayed fuse bombs they use to hit airstrips with.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2013, 10:33:13 pm »

Well apparently our first batch of 75 grew in one week or less.  So pretty damn effective, especially in a siege or if we lose a battle and then leave a bunch of our soldiers behind to harass them so we can better regroup.  It would be like delayed fuse bombs they use to hit airstrips with.
I'm actually thinking of WH40k's orks...you know, you can never get rid of them once they land on a planet.

One crop of Stems and Saps grows, combs the seeds out of themselves, scatter the seeds, and prepares an attack. One week later, a new and probably larger crop does the same. While we're still sending other forces...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2013, 10:36:54 pm »

I'm actually thinking of WH40k's orks...you know, you can never get rid of them once they land on a planet.

One crop of Stems and Saps grows, combs the seeds out of themselves, scatter the seeds, and prepares an attack. One week later, a new and probably larger crop does the same. While we're still sending other forces...
I was also thinking of the same thing... just a little more controllable.  The last thing we need is a bands of saps and stems going on Wrrraaaaggghhs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2013, 10:39:19 pm »

I was also thinking of the same thing... just a little more controllable.  The last thing we need is a bands of saps and stems going on Wrrraaaaggghhs.
Obviously they'd be more controllable. I fail to see why this strategy would lead to less loyal Stems and Saps than normal growth.
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2013, 10:40:41 pm »

Obviously they'd be more controllable. I fail to see why this strategy would lead to less loyal Stems and Saps than normal growth.
Mutation, perhaps?  The fact that we're chaos incarnate?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2013, 10:58:17 pm »

Both of which apply to normal growing of Stems and Saps.
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2013, 11:00:47 pm »

Both of which apply to normal growing of Stems and Saps.
Fair enough.
EDIT: Although we should also make them hardier, because who knows where we might want them to crop up.
all puns will be intended.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:06:56 pm by Origami_Psycho »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2013, 11:43:11 pm »

We're like Orks plus Tyranids plus Chaos. FUCK YEAH
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2013, 11:46:02 pm »

Today was a serious day of debate, 53000 keystrokes...
I agree with EVERYTHING!
Just kidding, of course. I mean, really, wouldn't that just be too convenient?

I agree with making Stems grow more easily, and also making them capable of planting there own.

However, I was also thinking this: The only race that can worship a god is not humans. If we magically granted Stems sentience, would that make them capable of worshipping us, and if not, what would? It must be possible, considering that this is a world dominated by gods, so chances are, some god made the races.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2013, 11:50:47 pm »

That's an excellent question. What makes a race able to worship?
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2013, 12:06:00 am »

Sentience, free will, a soul
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 72