Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 84871 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 06:11:58 pm »

"Hello, Atlas."[/i]

The Giant stares at you. He is massive - hundreds of times bigger than the dwarves... And he makes no sound. After a while, you start feeling an energy - peace, it seems, is the feeling it is carrying... But the Giant himself appears to be unable to communicate through conventional means - in fact, you are not quite sure he understood what you told him.

Still, peace... That probably means he has no problems with your presence, as long as you do not bother him - or the dwarves which appeared to have made a settlement around the place where he was sitting down.

-----------------

During these years, Thaenos wandered the plains of human lands with his son, and did little else.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:55:36 pm by Shootandrun »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 09:10:35 pm »

Avarian began travelling the the world and looking in on what progress the others have caused. The dwarves, he felt, were doing very well for themselves and probably didn't need anything from him. But, Avarian was pleasantly surprised by the progress the Plains Humans were making and decided that it would be unwise to interfere, especially with those strange big things roaming about. Avarian then decided to do something about the cold continents.

Avarian started by growing trees that had a natural resistance to cold and strong roots to take root in the frosted ground. Then, he created animals, Frost-Wolves, White Rabbits, Fears, and other prey and vicious predators that were all in competition with the cold. The frost-wolves claws and teeth were capable of leaving a deadly substance that froze the wound and caused great amounts of pain, but could be used for healing in small enough amounts. The White have the natural trait of being indistinguishable from the frosted ground, their camouflage only being betrayed by the slight twitch of a tail or twitch of the ear. The Fears had fearsome eyes capable of freezing you just by looking at them. All these animals had an ability to withstand the harsh cold through eating a berry that gave the animals higher body temperatures and extra energy, making the all the animals be awake at almost all times.
Avarian wondered, "I wonder what will become of the Squiddles?"

Avarian creates wildlife in the form of Frost-wolves, Fears (pronounced like bears), White-rabbits, and much more.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:32:56 am by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 09:26:28 pm »

The Giant stares at you. He is massive - hundreds of times smaller than the dwarves...
Very big.

"How sad...

-----

Neyravah returns to the forest. The dwarves of the coast were as they had always been; the dwarves of the savanna had another watching them as they hunted the mighty whipdrakes. Hence, those dwarves of the forest Heyravah had tried so hard to keep alive were going to be his greatest priority.

First, he needed energy. Neyravah taught them methods which would end the suffering of the senile, the crippled, and the otherwise infirm who could no longer help; this was painless and doubled as blood sacrifice. This would give Neyravah more energy.
Then, he showed them ways to turn the bodies of the dead beasts into potent weaponry. Kill a Clawdrake, its teeth and claws make good knives and spears. Kill a Whipdrake, its hide becomes potent armor. Stuff like that.
Then, he encourage the growth of vines and other fruit-bearing plants near the village.

(Most of this is mostly minor, cosmetic stuff. Neyravah won't spend any Acts on these--he shows up in his physical form and transplants fruit vines and stuff if he has to.)
Finally, he asked the dwarves: What do you desire, to be secure and happy?

Also, during the time when Neyravah rested, he flew over the world, visiting other gods' lands to greet the gods and see how and what they were doing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 09:33:44 pm »

Also, during the time when Neyravah rested, he flew over the world, visiting other gods' lands to greet the gods and see how and what they were doing.
Mutare's avatar flips him off while he passes by shouting some incomprehensible yet gentlemanly curses.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 09:46:12 pm »

Also, during the time when Neyravah rested, he flew over the world, visiting other gods' lands to greet the gods and see how and what they were doing.[/i]
Greeting, brother. It is nice to see you here. As you can see, I'm converting the lands that all of you neglected into winter-lands. Might I ask how your dwarves are going about with their business?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 09:55:20 pm »

Also, during the time when Neyravah rested, he flew over the world, visiting other gods' lands to greet the gods and see how and what they were doing.[/i]
Greeting, brother. It is nice to see you here. As you can see, I'm converting the lands that all of you neglected into winter-lands. Might I ask how your dwarves are going about with their business?
"Well enough. There's a few groups; one's fishing, one hunts a type of massive beast--the size of whales, but with elongated necks and tails, and living on land; I call them whipdrakes--and the ones I focus on, who wouldn't likely survive otherwise, are living in the mighty jungles, full of more massive creatures of my own creation! And they're doing quite well; I'm proud of them. My, what's this little dealie you're working on? Some sort of predator?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 10:12:07 pm »

"Well enough. There's a few groups; one's fishing, one hunts a type of massive beast--the size of whales, but with elongated necks and tails, and living on land; I call them whipdrakes--and the ones I focus on, who wouldn't likely survive otherwise, are living in the mighty jungles, full of more massive creatures of my own creation! And they're doing quite well; I'm proud of them. My, what's this little dealie you're working on? Some sort of predator?"
"A nimble beast that's the size of a wolf, but has claws and fangs that leave a substance that freezes the wound and causes extreme pain and can also heal in small amounts. The other predator is a large beast that is similar to a bear but has eyes that are so fearsome animals freeze up in shock upon seeing the eyes. Then, there are these adorable little rabbits that are indistinguishable from the frozen ground, but they are a wee bit twitchy. I would suggest some smaller and tamer animal for your jungle, seeing that your dwarves have a fair bit of trouble dealing with those awfully huge drakes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 10:56:13 pm »

"A nimble beast that's the size of a wolf, but has claws and fangs that leave a substance that freezes the wound and causes extreme pain and can also heal in small amounts. The other predator is a large beast that is similar to a bear but has eyes that are so fearsome animals freeze up in shock upon seeing the eyes. Then, there are these adorable little rabbits that are indistinguishable from the frozen ground, but they are a wee bit twitchy. I would suggest some smaller and tamer animal for your jungle, seeing that your dwarves have a fair bit of trouble dealing with those awfully huge drakes.
"Heh. Well, I might have gotten a little reckless there...but it's all good. There's this one dwarf, Udil--he's basically my prophet now--who killed a Fangdrake all by himself. And, no offense, but if it wasn't for the cold a Fangdrake could probably munch a pack of your wolves for breakfast. They'll do great, especially with my guidance."
Sig

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 11:01:50 am »

Below, life thrived. Sabt Golgo surveyed the lonely world with pleasure. Her creation gave light where there was none, its radiance dying and growing with the changing seasons. The others - her 'kin' - were focusing on little things on the little world, afraid of looking outwards. She alone seemed to see beyond her Ring at the vast black void. The Great Spider distrusted it, vast, unchanging. She could not leave it unguarded.

Rising from the twisting confines of the Spider's Ring, she began to spin and weave, existence groaning and bending under her will. Something begun to take shape far from the sun's welcoming warmth - a world much like the lone planet. But there was no green to be found here, no great oceans or teeming life, the surface barren rock. But inside...

The Spider saw a web of surging energy in the hollow heart of the planet, an inferno of the raw matter of creation, locked into place and contained by continent-sized mechanisms. Countless interlocking plates would hide it from the dead outer shell. It would be a weapon, for the Spider, and the few who could learn to understand its workings. A weapon against gods, of world-ending power... it would be her ultimate failsafe.

In the end, satisfied, the Spider cradled the world and breathed; Sychasis.

---

Mighty Act: Sabt Golgo creates a lifeless, barren world, Sychasis, and sets it on an erratic orbit - some decades, it passes close to the first world, some it is merely a speck far from the sun.

Mighty Act: The Spider hides a superweapon inside the planet, hidden from mortals and lesser divines, guarded by layers and layers of complex mechanisms.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 11:36:07 am »

You should watch yourself, lizard. My fires are no place for one who smells of grass and fragile things.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:18:39 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 08:33:56 pm »

You should watch yourself, lizard. My fires are no place for one who smells of grass and fragile things.
"Oh, hush. I'm just trying to be polite. How have you been?"
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 09:30:29 pm »

Growing, calling some pitterpatterers. You know, the small things that run around on the ground? I want to have a look at them.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:18 pm »

Growing, calling some pitterpatterers. You know, the small things that run around on the ground? I want to have a look at them.
"Hm...interesting. How do you like those whipdrakes I made?"[/shadow=greenright]
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 01:06:00 pm »

"Hm...interesting. How do you like those whipdrakes I made?"[/shadow=greenright]
Whipwhats? Keep in mind I'm still a child, subjectively.
Sig! Onol

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08:59 pm »

Turn 3

((OOC: please don't quote all the time if possible, it's an eyesore :P and on a more functional note: Bold your actions))

And as the Fiery Snake beneath the World called, many came. The closest of the Savannah Dwarves arrived first. They got more of the power Az-Sho gifted. They becaming more than mortals, they became beings of fire. Living flame and Magma they were the Fireborn. their bodies emanated heat and they fed off surrounding heat. Of these Fireborn there were at first one hundred.

Then came the Savannah Dwarves who lived further away. when they reached the mountain top they were graciously given the gifts of Az-Sho but of the Mighty Spell there wasn't as much left as before. Though their skin turned a fiery red, emanating heat these beings still needed food to survive. They called themselves Smoulderborn. Of these were almost two thousand.

And finally when all the Savannah Dwarves had arrived a few clots of nearby Dwarves from the Jungles and from the Seas arrived. Not much energy was left and though their skind turned black and they were immune to fire, they did not emanate any heat. They were called Ashborn. A thousand of these recieved the gift of Az-Sho.

Meanwhile below the sea, the Squiddles, while at first scared of the stranger so unfitting in their natural environment, quickly adopted Mutares teachings and began building vast Coral Towers. But due to their already small numbers only 3 Towers were built at the beginning. 3 Mighty Towers reaching up and up, till they reached the light and even beyond that to the point were they met a place without water. A Place so utterly hostile that only the first and largest Tower reached up and broke through it. The Vast Living Towers provided protection from the predators of the Sea and the Squiddles took to eating animals which also found a safe home in the coral towers. Now safe and sated They could turn onto other things. Using the Coral to craft spears the more brave of the Squiddles began hunting larger fish and even the occasional small whale.

Meanwhile in the Cold Continents a new kind of tree took root and quickly became the most dominant. With it followed Mighty Frost-Wolves and Fears. The Humans in these lands formerly the most dangerous predator soon found himself hunted as packs of Frost-Wolves hunted the small Clans and mighty Fears turned even the strongest Hunter into a gibbering wreck. Though the humans persisted their numbers quickly lessened, until a natural equilibrium was reached again.

But even as the Frost-Wolves and the Fears were successfull beyond anything natural, the berry turned many of the animals insane due to lack of sleep. Soon enough the fears and the frost-wolves avoided the berry-bushes.

Back on the Ninth Continent Neyravah uses all his power to keep the Dwarves alive. Refusing to kill the weak many dwarves leave the village soon enough, others (mostly young dwarves) however stay and using the planted fruits of Neyravah they live good. No hunt was needed anymore they had enough food from the berry bushes. But as soon as their god was gone packs of clawdrakes began nightly raids chasing the villagers into all directions of the wind. Many died and most cursed the name of Neyravah, Goddess of the Drakes. Some found Emeraldhome, others came in time to Az-Shos summoning to become Ashborn, others settled down with the Coastal Dwarves. The Jungle Dwarves, except for those in Emeraldhome were all but gone. And Udil, Slayer of the Fangdrake, was all but alone, lost in the woods. Touched by Fate...

With him a weapon just as fatebound as him. Fangslayer, a Maquahuitl out of Fangdrake-Teeth, sharp enough to even cut through iron.

And while the Elders bicker for the First World, Sabt Golgo, the mighty spider creates a planet all of her own. Sychasis, a barren planet and a weapon, a weapon should it ever be unleashed will deliver terrible destruction.

And as the Decades and then Centuries pass so evolves the First Planet. The Children of Az-Sho, settling around the Crater soon discover the worth of minerals and are the first to discover the smithing of Iron and Copper. Successfull hunters they bring down the mighty Whipdrakes with ease. Ever growing in Numbers, they soon settle the whole Volcano in several Villages. The Fireborn being priests of the Cult of Az-Sho sacrifice to her the blood of Whipdrakes. With the growing numbers the Whipdrakes are soon subdued and trained, but mostly used as source of food. Soon the Children of Az-Sho even cover the surrounding savannah. While the Ashborna nd the Smoulderborn breed and flourish, the Fireborn however stay few and in a desperate gambit to keep their power over the people, they create through crossbreeding the first of the Emberguard. A being with red skin wreathed in flames but not made out of magma. a being touched by Fate. Many would follow but he was the First.

The Dwarves of Emeraldhome aswell prospered and soon discovered the use of active planting of berry bushes and farming.  Emeraldhome grew ever larger but stayed a lone city, the dwarves still not being able to fend of the large packs of clawdrakes. With the lack of expansion the dwarves turned inwards and concentrated on the spirit rather than the mind. Soon they began to discover Writing. And with conserved knowledge, came the worship of it...and finally the first younger god entered the Universe, not through the veil but created by the faith in knowledge alone. A single Crow (in fact the only crow in the entire jungle) began descending upon Emeraldhome.

Other Dwarves turned to...other pursuits. With life conserved they turned to the finer things in life and one of the odlest professions known to mankind was introduced to Dwarvenkind. And so A certain female lady wandered out of the Jungle one day. A Being incorporating lust itself.

Mankind, abandoned by the Gods or uncared for by them, began inventing their own. The Worship of the Father and the Son spread even though humans managed to tame some beasts of the wild and the first villages were founded, they worshipped them as the two Wanderers, bringers of luck and fertility. And indeed, unkown by the two giants where they tread the grass was greener, lusher and the animals bred faster. And as humanity settled down humans took it upon themselves to spread the stories of the Wanderer, living as vagabounds just like their gods. And so the Cult of the Wanderers formed.

In the Cold Northern Lands however Man stayed nomadic. Using Frost Wolf Essence and the potent berries soon dubbed Nethersleep, they managed to prosper even in the harsh unforgiving wilds of the north with its dangerous wildlife.

Udil is Fate Touched, he has the weapon Fangslayer (giving him a bonus on slaying anything lizard-like)

The First of the Emberguard is Fate Touched

Corvus God of Knowledge is born in the Town of Emeraldhome

Vanida Goddess of Lust is born in the Town of Emeraldhome

The Fireborn are created by Az-Sho
The Smoulderborn are created by Az-Sho
The Ashborn are created by Az-Sho

Frost wolves are created by Avarian
Fears are created by Avarian
Whites are created by Avarian
Frost resistant unnamed Trees are created by Avarian
Nethersleep berries are created by Avarian

Neyravah does some Minor Actions and tries to create a Dwarven Village