Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Golem Smith  (Read 24746 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Golem Smith
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:20:17 pm »

You have lived much of your young life as an apprentice. Your master is a golem crafter, and in due time you will be as well.
You know that a golem is a being usually created out of stone or clay, but metals and other materials are used by skilled masters. They are commonly used as servants and warriors. The creation of a golem involves a vessel, in which a powerful one may take weeks to create. A vessel itself is the body of the golem, the part made of stone or clay. The vessel has a part hollowed out, usually being in the center of the chest or the head. This is where the sigil is placed, the sigil being a spherical object, it imbues life into the golem, taking usually longer to craft than the vessel. The sigil is made of the same material, or a stronger one, than the vessel. Every ability a golem has is inscribed into its sigil, a powerful golem has a sigil usually of a metal, with many runes inscribed into it. There are many different types of runes that are inscribed into a sigil. You are soon going to learn your first rune. Once the sigil is placed inside the golem, the vessel will seal itself, and the golem will take form.
Today, your 18th birthday, you are to begin crafting your first golem. Your master is only allowing you to make it 1x1x1 feet, for you cannot create one much stronger.

But first, who are you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Golem Smith
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:26:35 pm »

Name: Badass McFuckall
Appearance: So manly that to gaze upon him is to know that you are weak and unmanly. Don't worry though, everyone feels the same way. Long flowing beard with hair stronger than steel.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:33:39 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:00 pm »

Name:Amy Brick
Appearance:Long pink hair with green eyes. Slender build. Tan skin.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:32:01 pm »

Name: Giri Tiefel
Appearance: The northern blood in your veins is made apparent by your bright-orange hair and powerful muscles. You've never taken a complaint from anybody without a fist to follow through except for your Master.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 04:34:53 pm »

Appearance: So manly that to gaze upon him is to know that you are weak and unmanly. Don't worry though, everyone feels the same way. Long flowing beard with hair stronger than steel.
+1
why the fuck not. Let's be Chuck Norris, Golem maker.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 04:41:20 pm »

Name: R. J. Macready
+1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 04:45:56 pm »

+1
*faceplam* fine.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 04:51:33 pm »

I know it's not the GM's duty to tell what the players should play, but could you please revise that name? this character is a golem crafter's apprentice, not a knight/whatever that guy is supposed to be. And I'd kind of really like it if you had a moderately serious character.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 04:55:18 pm »

No let's have our name be Golem Smith. Jewish attorney at law. A bear of a man prosecuting the hell out of 1981 LA. In a town without law, in the middle of a summer, hot as hell, Golem Smith is here in his sweet tan suit, ready to put offenders behind bars... For good!
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 04:57:27 pm »

Name:Amy Brick
Appearance:Long pink hair with green eyes. Slender build. Tan skin.
So...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 04:59:22 pm »

Name: Isaac McReady
Appearance: a hunk of muscles, with a long beard he's very proud of. Despite looking more like a bear than a human, he is in fact intelligent, polite and quite knowledgeable (and freakingly strong). If you don't piss him off though. This muscular complexion will hopefully help him forging metal golems later.

There, still manly man, but more serious.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 05:00:47 pm »

Muskar Stonefall
Male
A small, hunched-over man, with a quiet voice and demeanor. Harbors numerous grudges he means to fulfil with golems.

Actually,
Name: Isaac McReady
Appearance: a hunk of muscles, with a long beard he's very proud of. Despite looking more like a bear than a human, he is in fact intelligent, polite and quite knowledgeable (and freakingly strong). If you don't piss him off though. This muscular complexion will hopefully help him forging metal golems later.

There, still manly man, but more serious.
+1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 05:02:13 pm »

Appearance: The northern blood in your veins is made apparent by your bright-orange hair and powerful muscles. You've never taken a complaint from anybody without a fist to follow through except for your Master.
To stop the manly man, I'll +1 this

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 05:17:13 pm »

And at the moment it's tied between giri and Isaac, need a tie breaker.

Luckily, this debate over names has seemingly achieved an ample supply of attention that I may or may not promptly lose.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 05:40:05 pm »

To stop the manly man, I'll +1 this

Aye. Plus 1 to the lass. If we aren't cooking criminals it might as well be stone men.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22