Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 414988 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #960 on: February 14, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »

Hey, why doesn't Corvus or Vanida find himself an ally among the mortals? one that is pissed at other gods and could offer an arm against others? I did see you all and could easily call your name to revela myslef while I remain hidden to other gods.

And risk the mortal turning on me?

Also, Mutare did nearly destroy the world, and he was a bit of a dick, explaining why Thaneos killed him in the first place.

The only true good guy is either Thaneos (saved the world from dick overgod) or Avarian (wanted to stop infighting). Neither is truly 'pure', but good is probable. Mutare just....was.

Turning on you? Why? Dude, if you won't risk it, you will remain a mere shadow.
Did you miss the whole exchange where I said I'd build him a temple in exchange for giving any techs he discovers to me, and thus you?

Hiding mode = ON
Starvation mode: ACTIVATE
It's not like I had choice IC or OOC. My base of power is squashed between two hostile ancients (that's assuming that any of my followers survived the action)

But hiding mode is not the same as doing nothing mode
I was prepared to leave you alone. Ah well; what will be, will be.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:06:59 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 15, 2013, 12:03:01 am »

Just sayin:
"How can you claim to be good, any of you? Where have you poured your very essence into making things better for a people which you know despises you? What is the creation you have created to do anything but benefit yourself or one who has already pledged their support? Who has sacrificed without promise or hope of a compensating reward? Why, then, do you hoist yourselves onto high dragons?
Mutare made stuff for all the races, and they didn't even know he existed. Mutare created a universe without wanting a reward, he just wanted to watch something grow. And you all stood by as that loving, caring, grandfather of the universe was slaughtered by a being from beyond the universe because he wished the child of that being to be free of its father's suffocating grasp. Just know, that the horrible chaotic daemon sultan was the only good guy here, and he was killed with a hammer. Such is the will of the universe I guess, and that will shall be extended to everything.
Mutare also threatened pretty much everyone, and also threatened to sink the Ninth Continent into the sea for basically no reason. Also, he likely had pretty selfish reasons for creating the universe as well.
Most importantly, he's too dead to be at the meeting.

"If you think you can remain neutral in all conflicts, you are a fool. Simply put, even if you avoid all those championing ignorance in this world, it is impossible to remain aloof forever. What will you do when war comes a-knocking at your door, say 'Go away, I'm neutral'?

STOP TALKING ABOUT SWITZERLAND LIKE THAT! Switzerland has feelings too y'know! >:(
The Swiss are ready for war. Corvus is not.
Corvus is relying on neutrality to replace strength. Switzerland is using strength to guarantee neutrality.
Opposites with the same end, I suppose.

And, why hasn't Udil responded to Neyravah's speech? Many of his remarks were OOC designed to provoke a response from him.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 15, 2013, 12:06:19 am »

Because Ardas may not be online? :P
Honestly, though, I didn't want to do what I must do. But Az-Sho must have his fire back.

I will probably stay out of the Eversummer apart from rebuilding Riat, because I cannot adequately take on Thaneos at this time, nor do I really want to. My kids'll be peaceful and all that, and stuff, but I got Riat.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:21:58 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 15, 2013, 12:23:07 am »

"How can you claim to be good, any of you? Where have you poured your very essence into making things better for a people which you know despises you? What is the creation you have created to do anything but benefit yourself or one who has already pledged their support? Who has sacrificed without promise or hope of a compensating reward? Why, then, do you hoist yourselves onto high dragons?
I never claimed to be good.

Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 15, 2013, 12:27:56 am »

Because Ardas may not be online? :P
He's posted on this thread.

I will probably stay out of the Eversummer apart from rebuilding Riat, because I cannot adequately take on Thaneos at this time, nor do I really want to. My kids'll be peaceful and all that, and stuff, but I got Riat.
I won't make any promises about Eversummer until someone reminds me what it is.

I never claimed to be good.
A pettifogging detail.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 15, 2013, 12:33:02 am »

Just sayin:
Mutare made stuff for all the races, and they didn't even know he existed. Mutare created a universe without wanting a reward, he just wanted to watch something grow. And you all stood by as that loving, caring, grandfather of the universe was slaughtered by a being from beyond the universe because he wished the child of that being to be free of its father's suffocating grasp. Just know, that the horrible chaotic daemon sultan was the only good guy here, and he was killed with a hammer. Such is the will of the universe I guess, and that will shall be extended to everything.
Mutare also threatened pretty much everyone, and also threatened to sink the Ninth Continent into the sea for basically no reason. Also, he likely had pretty selfish reasons for creating the universe as well.
A: He didn't threaten anybody. I did.
B: IC, Mutare created the universe because he was bored and wanted to watch something happen. Selfish? Yes, but when you're the only thing in existence it's kinda hard not to do things for yourself.
C: Mutare may be dead, but his death may yet birth a new Elder God of Entropy
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 15, 2013, 12:34:04 am »

Eversummer is ALL the human lands. So like 6 continents.
Everyone's leaving because this was less a conference than Aviran saying, "okay guys how about we try this" and then everybody else goes 'No F*CK YOU MAN' and two people are fighting in the corner and then everyone gets up and abruptly leaves, leaving Aviran wondering what the fuck just happened.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 15, 2013, 12:36:37 am »

Just sayin:
B: IC, Mutare created the universe because he was bored and wanted to watch something happen. Selfish? Yes, but when you're the only thing in existence it's kinda hard not to do things for yourself.
A. You are Mutare.
B. True enough...but you admit you did not create the mortals for their own sake?
(Also, note that there is somewhere else the other gods are coming from, so Mutare wasn't completely alone.)
C. And that god is...?

Eversummer is ALL the human lands. So like 6 continents.
Ah.
And then there's the Ninth Continent...and the Northlands...and another continent...and maybe another...and the oceans...
Great.

Everyone's leaving because this was less a conference than Aviran saying, "okay guys how about we try this" and then everybody else goes 'No F*CK YOU MAN' and two people are fighting in the corner and then everyone gets up and abruptly leaves, leaving Aviran wondering what the fuck just happened.
Ah.
Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 15, 2013, 12:39:21 am »

Just sayin:
A. You are Mutare.
B. True enough...but you admit you did not create the mortals for their own sake?
(Also, note that there is somewhere else the other gods are coming from, so Mutare wasn't completely alone.)
C. And that god is...?
A: All my threats were OOC.
B: Yes, Mutare basically created everything because he was lonely (didn't know that there were other beings besides him) and wanted to play a game of sorts.
C: Clade, of course.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 15, 2013, 12:44:19 am »

Eversummer is one of the continents populated by humans. One where religions of Vanida and Thaneos are based... Once calm continents, but now entire cities are burned down or turned into tentacled monsters. And IMO It's one continent not 6 of them

I think poor little sentient octopi with their puny towers are the next in the line of corrupted homes

BTW Jbg97 is right, you all mixed his aggressive OOC with Mutare actions and acted based on that. That's called metagaming, guys

I wanted to spend my mighty act on the resurrection of Murate, even wrote half of the action but got attacked by Az-Sho and had to change plans
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 15, 2013, 12:49:33 am »

Eversummer is one of the continents populated by humans. One where religions of Vanida and Thaneos are based... Once calm continents, but now entire cities are burned down or turned into tentacled monsters. And IMO It's one continent not 6 of them

I think poor little sentient octopi with their puny towers are the next in the line of corrupted homes

BTW Jbg97 is right, you all mixed his aggressive OOC with Mutare actions and acted based on that. That's called metagaming, guys

I wanted to spend my mighty act on the resurrection of Murate, even wrote half of the action but got attacked by Az-Sho and had to change plans
Nah I'm fine with Mutare being dead. I mean, his death turned an entire city state into a mass of writhing tentacles.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 15, 2013, 01:00:16 am »

Well Vanida is not fine with Murate death, because:

a) She likes the word created by him
b) She liked creations made after his true form him so much, that she basically raped them

But It's too late to try to revive him, and to dangerous even for a goddess as  careless as Vanida...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 15, 2013, 01:01:43 am »

Who is there indeed? The Spider hasn't gone anywhere, at least. I wouldn't leave just yet if I were you, Neyrevah.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 15, 2013, 01:17:12 am »

All elders and all young gods but Vanida?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 15, 2013, 01:34:02 am »

Thaneos killed Mutare because he stole his newborn son. That's about it.

Also, my interests lie in GTFOing before Sapt Golgo activates the Death Star.

All elders and all young gods but Vanida?
Vanida, Thaneos, and I have left.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:39:05 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 379