Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Badass Quotes Thread  (Read 4874 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Badass Quotes Thread
« on: January 17, 2013, 03:27:24 am »

First things first:

ATTENTION!
There are to be no quotes specifically involving the crotch/ass region solely because it involves the region. This results in an angry Xantalos, an angrier ToadyOne, and a locked thread. Nobody wants that. So keep your fetishistic crap to yourself.
I did not even notice that pun.

So! This forum being what it is, it is filled with tales of hilarity, horror, and ham. I figured that we needed some concentrated badass.
Put any badass quotes you find on the forums or elsewhere in this thread, be it from literature, movie, etc. I'm fairly certain you all know how to do BBC code; if the quote is on the forums use the handy dandy quote button, and if it's from outside then use this without the spaces inbetween: [ q u o t e = a u t h o r = name ](quote here)[/quote]

Please don't alter a quote so that it's false; sure, you can trim quotes, but don't go crazy.
Anyhow, with that horrible introduction out of the way, let's get to the badassery!
Quote from: author=Wizard Listens-To-Wind of the White Council of Wizardry, better known as Injun Joe; Dresden Files
"Don't mean to bind or break you, old spirit. Just going to kick your ass up between your ears."
Oh, and if you're quoting from outside the forum, please say WHERE the quote is from. Thank you kindly.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Badass Quotes Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 04:40:37 am »

Quote from: Mewtwo, in Pokemon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

I once used this one in a college paper about immigration that required the use of (for some reason) two quotes from movies. I enjoy this quote. (If running for president I would absolutely use this is a speech.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 05:55:42 am »

Quote from: Neal Stephenson
Until a man is twenty-five, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial-arts monastery in China and studied real hard for ten years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, and devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad.

Hiro used to feel this way, too, but then he ran into Raven. In a way, this was liberating. He no longer has to worry about being the baddest motherfucker in the world. The position is taken.

From Snow Crash, the required quote regarding badassery.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »

Quote from: Commander Shepherd
Give me a name, or I'll cut your balls of and sell them to a krogan!
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 05:01:45 pm »

Quote from: legendary anecdote of Sparta
Phillip II of Macdeon: If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta.
Spartans: If.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 06:19:37 pm »

Quote from: Pierre Cambronne
-The Guard dies, but does not surrender.
-Merde !

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 07:06:15 pm »

Quote from: Judges 15, vv 15-16
Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men

Then Samson said, "With the jawbone of an ass, I have made asses of them. With the jawbone of an ass I have killed a thousand men."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 07:50:15 pm »

Quote from: General Anthony McAuliffe, in response to a demand for surrender
Nuts!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 08:07:22 pm »

PTW.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 08:10:03 pm »

Quote from: Jack Churchill
Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly armed.

In world war II no less. He is known for being the only British soldier in WWII to have "felled an enemy" with a longbow and was an accomplished bagpipe player; a talent he frequently used on the battlefield whilst being shot at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 09:05:54 am »

Quote from: Teddy Roosevelt
I understand you have threatened to kill me on sight. I have come over to see when you want to begin the killing.
Quote from: Our dear friend Teddy. Again.
Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Quote from: The 26th and Most Awesome President
The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants.

Rhetoric is a poor substitute for action, and we have trusted only to rhetoric. If we are really to be a great nation, we must not merely talk; we must act big.

The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer.

When you play, play hard; when you ork, don't play at all.

I took the Canal Zone and let Congress debate; and while the debate goes on, the canal does also.

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.

Germany has reduced savagery to a science, and this great war for the victorious peace of justice must go on until the German cancer is cut clean out of the world body.

Is America a weakling, to shrink from the work of the great world powers? No! The young giant of the West stands on a continent and clasps the crest of an ocean in either hand. Our nation, glorious in youth and strength, looks into the future with eager eyes and rejoices as a strong man to run a race."

There were all kinds of things I was afraid of at first, ranging from grizzly bears to 'mean' horses and gun-fighters; but by acting as if I was not afraid I gradually ceased to be afraid.

Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep.

I am as strong as a bull moose and you can use me to the limit.

Et cetera.
(Granted, most of these quotes merely convey an attitude of badassitude, but still...)
Let's face it, Teddy was the awesomest president ever. If it wasn't for his deadness and that I'm not quite sure how he'd react to the current political situation (and that there's no way he'd be able to run, given how different he is from modern or even his contemporary Republicans), I'd vote for him.

Quote from: Judges 15, vv 15-16
Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men
Then Samson said, "With the jawbone of an ass, I have made asses of them. With the jawbone of an ass I have killed a thousand men."
I really have to give credit to those last couple hundred, who no doubt had to climb on the bodies of their fallen comrades to get killed by Samson.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 09:21:48 am »

Make sure you don't give him a http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HistoricalHeroUpgrade. He may have been better then his contemporary's, and yes he was a product of his times, but given the success of romanticism's like Lincoln we do this far too much, America being a bad case. Respect, yes, vote? Might be a little much.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 01:05:54 pm »

Realize the blue means we are in the same ship under a sky too big for any one of us, to contend with. We have our bars. If I am unable to feed myself, feed my growth, for I am so young, who needs to lend support? What other cafeteria can society offer, the school, the military, the "restaurant," there is even the prison. How do I grow

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 01:10:42 pm »

"How does it feel to kill a god, Melchior?"

"My muscles ache. Nothing more."

Melchior, from Kohan II: Kings of War.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: [1] 2