Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900448 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: pbbththtb
« Reply #22275 on: December 29, 2015, 11:57:58 am »

Another plan: make pitfall trap outside the door. Lure enemies to fall inside. We use windirection, of course.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #22276 on: December 29, 2015, 01:02:14 pm »

why don't we just.... you know? wait for al to get here?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22277 on: December 29, 2015, 01:08:39 pm »

why don't we just.... you know? wait for al to get here?
Because, even with Al, we might not be strong enough? Did you miss the post about what can lurk behind a door?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22278 on: December 29, 2015, 01:26:34 pm »

We are not turning back now. wait for Al, and then fight.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #22279 on: December 29, 2015, 03:36:25 pm »

(Perception: 9+1) [Al] finds a single piece of mail on the ground in front of his house. Who knew that Perception bonus would come in handy? The mail reads:

Howdy, neighbor~!

I haven't given up on ya'! Just because y'all act so grumpy down here doesn't mean we can't have a lil' fun. Why don't ya' come on down to my house for a FRIVOLOUS FROU FROU PARTY? Bring yer Mini Missus, too - she's a cutie, real catch!

~Your neighbor, Auntie

And after all this is done, we're going to a party at which we will ally with Floe.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #22280 on: December 29, 2015, 04:03:47 pm »

We went to that frou frou party. It wasn't so much frivolous as murderous.

Also, I'm thinking we maybe don't want to fight this horrible monster, certainly not without some sort of shenanigan based force multiplier. I vote we head back to Skyship Serabella with Al to sate our lust for blood and loot.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #22281 on: December 29, 2015, 04:14:05 pm »

Wait for Al.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22282 on: December 29, 2015, 04:30:00 pm »

We can't reasonably win this fight without casualties. Those outer slicers would do up to 4d4 damage to everyone if they both hit, and I'm fairly sure there'd be a casualty from that, not to mention the boss itself, which probably has some insane boss moves. Unless one of us can come up with an idea to get into the chamber, steal the loot, and not die, I'm gonna have to suggest that we
Wait for Al and then return back to the skyship after healing up.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22283 on: December 29, 2015, 04:32:54 pm »

We didn't get any kind of warning that this side passage won't be available later, did we? Because if not, I'm with monk about force multipliers. We need something truly silly to-

Check if magnet heel works on this stone.

I assume not, but that's our ticket if so.

Otherwise, let's withdraw for now, grab some eggs, and use the entire party to haul that statue back to Milli's Al's place to serve as a grim reminder of our depthless hunger for material wealth.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22284 on: December 29, 2015, 04:35:27 pm »

We didn't get any kind of warning that this side passage won't be available later, did we? Because if not, I'm with monk about force multipliers. We need something truly silly to-
My plan was pretty silly, I think; assuming the place isn't attached to the backwall, fall damage should be able to wipe out the slicers, if not the boss.

I think we were warned about the tunnel closing up, but we should just be able to drill through.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #22285 on: December 29, 2015, 04:43:09 pm »

My plan was pretty silly, I think; assuming the place isn't attached to the backwall, fall damage should be able to wipe out the slicers, if not the boss.

I think we were warned about the tunnel closing up, but we should just be able to drill through.

Yeah, but isn't Underside like, RIGHT under this spot? I'm not sure we want to drop a bonus boss into the market... well, I'm not sure we want to drop a bonus boss into the market without a way to also keep the loot from dropping into the market... although maybe if we windirection the loot crate we can let the shopkeeper deal with the boss...

Okay, maybe dig straight down from the Boss Room Door and see what's below us

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22286 on: December 29, 2015, 04:44:06 pm »

WAIT WAIT WAIT I HAVE IT

We get a piece of metal, pry it off the skyship or something

Somebody equips magnet heel

We open the door, distract or lure the slicers for just one second, and put the metal on the outside of the stone

If the connection is strong enough, they should be able to kind of move as though it were metal, thereby walking across the ceiling as we move the plate

We take all the loot, distract slicers for just one more instant, get out and equip our legendary artifacts from ages long forgotten.

Also we can test it on the previous ruins to make sure it works without getting somebody shredded into acid-soaked ribbons when it fails. If, I mean. If it fails.

Crap. How much does fall damage do, though? Also, the slicers are probably less of a threat than the boss. We might be better off trying to kill the slicers without waking the boss than disposing of them while aggroing the queen.

OTHER PLAN BECAUSE ALL OF MY PLANS ARE ULTRA PRACTICAL: We get those eggs and raise a usurper, then return to claim our her rightful throne from this mad tyrant in due time.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22287 on: December 29, 2015, 05:00:13 pm »

OTHER PLAN BECAUSE ALL OF MY PLANS ARE ULTRA PRACTICAL: We get those eggs and raise a usurper, then return to claim our her rightful throne from this mad tyrant in due time.
That could probably be accelerated by fusing it with something authoritarian...

Are the left and right frames different rooms, because some little speck of tail would theoretically be easier to fight than a whole gangster queen and her posse. Should we give a certain item a shot at being useful and try dumping the back room somewhere convenient? Worst-case scenario, it sucks everyone's souls into the void...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22288 on: December 29, 2015, 06:39:27 pm »

Doesn't the Catalyst work on room coordinates? Or can/do we have to use "where we're standing" as the initial target?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22289 on: December 29, 2015, 06:46:01 pm »

I think it only works on dungeon levels.
Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 1544