Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900444 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: pbbththtb
« Reply #22260 on: December 29, 2015, 01:18:28 am »

We have visual on the loot. Obtain it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22261 on: December 29, 2015, 01:32:40 am »

Doesn't the drill make, like, a ton of noise? I think the boss would be slightly alerted as we very loudly drill our way into the room.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22262 on: December 29, 2015, 01:50:45 am »

[X]Derm plan 1: Carve up a giant pit outside the door. Make them fall in. Rake in mad cash from falling damage.

[X]Derm plan 2: Carve up the ceiling above the house until you are able to cave in a giant boulder through the roof.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22263 on: December 29, 2015, 04:34:46 am »

I am seeing a lot of turn updates, did I miss a status update or are we just taking it on faith that F.F.S. finally snapped and sacrificed everyone within a three kilometre radius to the mischievous gods of free time?

That boss looks like a gangster to me, what are gangsters weak to? Tax audits? Can we challenge it to an accounting battle? Would we stand a chance in an accounting battle given that we don't exactly have a stellar record of keeping track of anything that wasn't minor and inane?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22264 on: December 29, 2015, 05:49:26 am »

Slog looks very nearly drunk in panel 3.

Speaking of which, I have several ultimate plans.

We gently knock on the door, then run when they answer. Repeat until they begin hunting us in a blind rage, at which point we sneak around, sneak past the sleeping god, and loot the legendary chest.

We don convincing moustaches, knock politely, and ask if they have time to hear about our lord and savior. Continue pestering until they decide they have really important errands to run and simply must be off, at which point we sneak past the sleeping god and loot the legendary chest.

We cram the Ilegal Bartering Ram into the tunnel and ever so quietly slam through the floor and/or rear wall, at which point we loot the legendary chest.

We ask to speak with the queen worm, initiate tactical diplomacy, then recruit her like Proxxy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #22265 on: December 29, 2015, 06:59:58 am »

We should strike from above. Dwarvern style, with a cave in.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22266 on: December 29, 2015, 07:11:01 am »

Some things I wanna point out:

One of the outer slicers should be the damaged one, and has taken 11 damage already. This means that it has 5 HP left.

If we kill the queen, it means no more outer suckers :(

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22267 on: December 29, 2015, 08:02:48 am »

I am seeing a lot of turn updates, did I miss a status update or are we just taking it on faith that F.F.S. finally snapped and sacrificed everyone within a three kilometre radius to the mischievous gods of free time?

That boss looks like a gangster to me, what are gangsters weak to? Tax audits? Can we challenge it to an accounting battle? Would we stand a chance in an accounting battle given that we don't exactly have a stellar record of keeping track of anything that wasn't minor and inane?

am currently home for christmas break with no nuns to herd and blazing fast wifi

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22268 on: December 29, 2015, 09:11:38 am »

That back wall looks pretty thin. Perhaps it could be drilled through?
+1
+1.

Ciro, we have a different perspective on this area than you do(as in, we see something you don't). Legendary artifacts from a forgotten time? Probably, considering the incredibly large golden chest thingy.
So... just keep drilling past the stone floor, then when the stone floor stops, drill up a bit, then to the left.
Once you see the loot chest, do not under any circumstances scream, cry, yell, or otherwise give away your position.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #22269 on: December 29, 2015, 11:12:54 am »

+1 to cave-in plan

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22270 on: December 29, 2015, 11:19:38 am »

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22271 on: December 29, 2015, 11:20:21 am »

+1
+1.

Ciro, we have a different perspective on this area than you do(as in, we see something you don't). Legendary artifacts from a forgotten time? Probably, considering the incredibly large golden chest thingy.
So... just keep drilling past the stone floor, then when the stone floor stops, drill up a bit, then to the left.
Once you see the loot chest, do not under any circumstances scream, cry, yell, or otherwise give away your position.
+1.  Assuming there's actually not a wall there...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22272 on: December 29, 2015, 11:38:09 am »

+1
+1.

+1

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22273 on: December 29, 2015, 11:48:57 am »

+1
+1.

There is, in fact, a wall here. I had no trouble getting to it, but now that I'm here, I'm not sure how I'm going to get in. The drill's not powerful enough to bore through the hard stone.

(Knowledge: 12) Maybe if I had some kind of rare explosive -- the type that would blow a hole in an actual Dungeon Level...

+1 to cave-in plan
+1

It doesn't look like this is going to work. The whole reason I'm able to drill through the dirt is its softness. If there were some kind of colossal boulder encased in dirt, I might be able to drop that safely, but as it stands, the stuff just crumbles as I mow through. It's not nearly strong enough to break through the weird building's ceiling.

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22274 on: December 29, 2015, 11:56:45 am »

Drill a colossal, building-sized hole under the building, leaving the building tethered to the side by a single support. Once finished, remove support.
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 1544