Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901982 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: now with unnecessary angst
« Reply #21495 on: July 09, 2015, 05:00:53 pm »

Hmmm, struggling to find new input on the theorycrafting front between updates... monk12, maybe you could you tell us more about Al's sister, for those us who missed the TWoOtAborn previews?

The short version is we got a flashback where it is revealed that soldiers came to Al's village to arrest the vampire (him) but arrested his little sister by accident. Al did not defend her. Erhmagod drawmabomb. Since this occurred before the "divergence point" of Twootaborn canon (Al not falling into Underside almost immediately) I've been counting it as "canon enough."

Quests- I think all the ones except 5 Valkyries are doable... but clearing Dungeon Level 3 might have to be left until we're nigh-omnipotent in power anyway and the money won't mean as much (though we could always try to complete this earlier by just flooding Cain's room with lava, or something). Hence I vote for Craft a Massive Item, Reach B:10, Craft a Very High Level item, and Upgrade Two Illborn. What's in our quest log??

+1

Also, holy crap, map! I am immensely intrigued by the Riltiahole on the ladder (empty space to the right looks like it might have something based on texture of ceiling below that) and the vent above Mili's house that the Murderbot came from is also something we've never dicked with. I vote heading to the Riltiahole before returning to DL4.

Because holy crap we are goldfish and if we don't do it now it'll be like another year and a half realtime before we get around to it again.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21496 on: July 09, 2015, 05:05:52 pm »

Rilitia hole seems vaguely fitting to visit now that we are her. Let's see where it leads.

Perhaps... Just maybe we might find a clue as to where her Soul Star is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:27:31 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21497 on: July 09, 2015, 06:09:20 pm »

But still. Check the main menu, namely the Sprit Archive! We've done a spirit duel... so that's been unlocked!
+1

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21498 on: July 09, 2015, 06:48:44 pm »

Rilitia hole seems vaguely fitting to visit now that we are her. Let's see where it leads.

+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21499 on: July 09, 2015, 06:55:42 pm »

(General reminder that we only have 14 Stream Rubies. That's enough to take on only one of the Easy sidequests unless you want to get gouged for rubies at the shopkeeper or kill some things in the Outer Underside/Deep Gauntlet.)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21500 on: July 09, 2015, 07:07:28 pm »

You speak as if we've been to the "Outer Underside/DeepGauntlet", or at least should know of it- can you please explain?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21501 on: July 09, 2015, 07:41:45 pm »

You speak as if we've been to the "Outer Underside/DeepGauntlet", or at least should know of it- can you please explain?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21502 on: July 09, 2015, 08:18:37 pm »

I feel like the enemies down there are going to be very, very strong. Worst-case scenario, it's a Pit of 100 Trials-type thing with limited escapes. If we're going to enter, we should probably grab the quest, just in case we can't leave before the tenth floor.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21503 on: July 09, 2015, 08:27:22 pm »

I actually meant the physical Underside map that we saw somewhere, but that's also neat.

Use Magnet Walk to walk down the eastern passage.
+1
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21504 on: July 09, 2015, 11:46:35 pm »

+1

+1

I'm assuming this doesn't lead somewhere too extensive, (since there's not a lot of space for anything crazy on that section of the map...) so afterwards let's then do this thing:

I actually meant the physical Underside map that we saw somewhere, but that's also neat.

Use Magnet Walk to walk down the eastern passage.
+1

But before we do all that, I'd like to acquire us some empty bottles somehow. There might be Illborn in these unexplored areas. Without the Illborn Exchange, if we want to fuse Illborn for the sidequest (without potentially turning Slog or Goombess into something weird) we're going to need as many ways of recruiting them as possible.  Bottling wisps/fairies/whatever is probably more likely to succeed than our scattershot diplomacy. (Though we will want to remember to try that again - we did get that searchbot once!)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21505 on: July 09, 2015, 11:52:30 pm »

What if -we- do nothing? What if we, as the spirits of the Warrens, provide no suggestions? What if we just watch the party and see what they do on their own?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21506 on: July 10, 2015, 12:03:04 am »

Though we will want to remember to try that again - we did get that searchbot once!
It was a little robot, not a searchbot. If only.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21507 on: July 10, 2015, 12:35:42 am »

What if -we- do nothing? What if we, as the spirits of the Warrens, provide no suggestions? What if we just watch the party and see what they do on their own?
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Once you let sanity seep in, it rots away all it touches like a rushing wave of insidiousness.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21508 on: July 10, 2015, 12:37:38 am »

+1
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21509 on: July 10, 2015, 02:04:32 am »

What if we are not the spirits if the warrens, but we are the spirits of the spirits of the warrens? What if when we dont suggest anything everyone's brain stops working, only to start working when we suggest again? What if we are part of an american  something team and we are being tested by our leader, ffs? Will we ever find out any of these things?
Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 ... 1544