Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901466 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: now with unnecessary angst
« Reply #21390 on: July 07, 2015, 04:08:16 pm »

Switch Ciro to passive party.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21391 on: July 07, 2015, 04:27:09 pm »

Maybe her conciousness is linked to the Warrens in some way, or she's some kind of robotic cyborg evocation of the Warrens (related to the D:2 seraph statue?), and thus can't properly see stuff that isn't in some kind of database. But that would depend on quite a lot to be true. It'd require Illborn Exchange to have been constructed by the Coalition / Angels (are the Angels part of the Coalition?), and it presupposes her class entry was newly generated and thus unknown. Or maybe these things are actively hidden by whatever software she's using... (the "error" message in the Illborn Exchange menu is deeply suspicious of a technological source for the corruption.)

Maybe she's aware she's corrupted in some way, but still trying to act out of decency, and is afraid of what she'll do when the players don't have control of her.

Maybe she doesn't truly feel conciousness if we aren't controlling her, or something...

Whatever the case is, I'm convinced now that un-fucking Riltia isn't as easy as we thought it to be - but doing it is probably one of the things we can do to steer ourselves toward a "good" ending for the Warrens.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:39:21 pm by Chris the OK »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21392 on: July 07, 2015, 04:43:26 pm »

Maybe her conciousness is linked to the Warrens in some way, or she's some kind of robotic evocation of the Warrens, and thus can't properly see stuff that isn't in some kind of database. But that would depend on quite a lot to be true. It'd require Illborn Exchange to have been constructed by the Coalition / Angels (are the Angels part of the Coalition?), and it presupposes her class entry was newly generated and thus unknown. Or maybe these things are actively hidden by whatever software she's using... (the "error" message in the Illborn Exchange menu is deeply suspicious of a technological source for the corruption.)

Maybe she's aware she's corrupted in some way, but still trying to act out of decency, and is afraid of what she'll do when the players don't have control of her.

Maybe she doesn't truly feel conciousness if we aren't controlling her, or something...

Whatever the case is, I'm convinced now that un-fucking Riltia isn't as easy as we thought it to be - but doing it is probably one of the things we can do to steer ourselves toward a "good" ending for the Warrens.
Keep in mind, that at least one version of Ciro dubbed Riltia a traitor. And the cause of which, is probably us, the collective spirit.

Al also hates the collective Spirit, for driving Minus towards eventual death, as well as what he probably realized as other versions of Minus dying.

It can be assumed that a past version of Riltia did basically the same thing she's doing now, spirit switches back to Target, spirit convinces Target pastRiltia is working against Target. pastRiltia dubbed traitor and either killed, or she turned to Oric and became the boss of DL1 or somesuch.(the last part being speculation, as we don't know what happened in other cycles)

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21393 on: July 07, 2015, 05:13:08 pm »

It can be assumed that a past version of Riltia did basically the same thing she's doing now, spirit switches back to Target, spirit convinces Target pastRiltia is working against Target. pastRiltia dubbed traitor and either killed, or she turned to Oric and became the boss of DL1 or somesuch.(the last part being speculation, as we don't know what happened in other cycles)

So you think Riltia's behaviour is about dissembling towards us, the players?

Meta bitch.

And somehow FFS managed to envisage a character coming up with such a ploy? Meta bastard. *and I mean "bastard" in the congratulatory, British sense of the word

Looking at the events surrounding the "corruptions", active dissimulation toward the readers is indeed a likely explanation. Read:

Spoiler: The "Illborn Exchange" (click to show/hide)

Ignore the picture. Everything about the way the adjoining text is written is so contrivedly fake and cheaply manipulative that it's undeniable.

That scan was a more obvious attempt to get us to think no ill of Riltia, but I kept an open mind because I didn't see such similar motives behind the distortion of the Illborn Exchange. So for this rather un-surprising theory to be true, it requires only that she had a deep motive to lie about the Illborn Exchange, which either means that she doesn't want us using it, or Al really truly doesn't have it (and that's bad for some reason).

Thoughts?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21394 on: July 07, 2015, 05:36:34 pm »

So you think Riltia's behaviour is about dissembling towards us, the players?

Meta bitch.

And somehow FFS managed to envisage a character coming up with such a ploy? Meta bastard. *and I mean "bastard" in the congratulatory, British sense of the word

Looking at the events surrounding the "corruptions", active dissimulation toward the readers is indeed a likely explanation. Read:

Spoiler: The "Illborn Exchange" (click to show/hide)

Ignore the picture. Everything about the way the adjoining text is written is so contrivedly fake and cheaply manipulative that it's undeniable.

That scan was a more obvious attempt to get us to think no ill of Riltia, but I kept an open mind because I didn't see such similar motives behind the distortion of the Illborn Exchange. So for this rather un-surprising theory to be true, it requires only that she had a deep motive to lie about the Illborn Exchange, which either means that she doesn't want us using it, or Al really truly doesn't have it (and that's bad for some reason).

Thoughts?
When we asked if Al had his exchange, a fake one took it's place. Whenever we asked Al to USE it, he became "erased" and a fake Al took his place, and "used" it.
So my thoughts are turned to why Al doesn't have his Exchange. Perhaps Riltia used it to fix the power?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21395 on: July 07, 2015, 05:37:32 pm »

I think she's hiding something, but it's not necessarily malicious towards Ciro or us. But we need to find out what, one way or another what is going on here. This relationship can't abide with secrets!

Rilitia: Where is Al's Soulstar?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21396 on: July 07, 2015, 05:39:18 pm »

We could just switch to Riltia and torture her mind until she spills the beans in her thoughts.
Oh. Dang. Will someone please go back and find that picture of her soul star?

You'll notice that her soul star is flooded with odd corrupted symbols. It is the only soul star we've seen that has those symbols in it. The only one. And we know those symbols are linked to the Last Seraphim. There's a bunch of corruption coming from Riltia, or perhaps her star. Moreover, the corruption influences the game's art. Guess who makes the art for the game?

This may be speculation... but I think ffs really is the Last Seraphim. We're doomed.
~~~
On another topic, I've realized that if we upgrade the Astral Influx we can increase our max party size.

Reasoning: we can issue combat commands to all active members in the party while in combat, not just the character chosen in the Influx. If the Influx is linked to the party, it stands to reason that upgrading it improves the party.
~~~
Aw. Dang. Search Riltia's inventory very thoroughly. She's hiding her soul star which manipulates the meta from us.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: you're not alone in this world
« Reply #21397 on: July 07, 2015, 05:49:31 pm »

A.G. chuckles.

Oh, silly you! Riltia isn't aware of your presence and can't have words printed to her eyelids! She knows nothing at all about about the collective spirit!

(Knowledje: 18) You recall the exact procedures you used to fix the power in the Underside. First, you discovered that the wiring seen on the Greens door was linked to the wiring on the floor near the transmission device and the LSS. You realized that the transmitter had been damaged somehow, and after consulting with Newford about it, you got to work opening up the metal frame and re-soldering the wires inside (with help from Slog's Frizz spell, Al's perception, and Cherish's brief experience as the electric boss' apprentice). The break in the circuit was repaired, and everyone went back to the Underside proper! The LSS did not have anything to do with the problem in any way, shape, or form.
Riltia probably hid Al's Soul Star in the LSS. Which explains the disappearance of it. And why is Riltia lying to us about it, better his than Ciro's perhaps? Because Al having full soul charge might do bad things with his Lifeline?

Riltia: Split off from the party. Head down to cleared DL2 for a little confrontationexploration.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21398 on: July 07, 2015, 06:05:08 pm »

What's the difference between the passive party and the active party?

If Proxxy was never supposed to beat us, then does that mean it's true for other dungeon bosses? Is there something different about her or could it be the same for everyone?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21399 on: July 07, 2015, 06:16:07 pm »

also are we in a database ffs what is this losing memories upon death fuckery

this is actually a spaceship computer simulation gwg was right all along

Shhhh, if you say his name three times he might return!

If Proxxy was never supposed to beat us, then does that mean it's true for other dungeon bosses? Is there something different about her or could it be the same for everyone?

I'd imagine it's true; the whole point of the cycles is to accrue as much Soul Charge as possible, and the further the Target gets the more Soul Charge is generated. I imagine the deck is stacked against every Dungeon Boss below Oric in some way, perhaps less so the deeper in the dungeon you get. We know Proxxy is set up to fail constantly; she seems to be reincarnated nearly as much as the Target is, which makes sense since she's the first boss.

Have we considered that maybe she doesn't realize that some of the things she sees are corrupted?

What if some nature of whatever she did to Oric to be branded a traitor has left her permanently corrupted, and unable to visualize certain things?  It'd explain why her scan result and view of Al's soulstar was wonky.

I think this is the fact of the matter. Riltia is the Glass Guardian; not only does she have reflective qualities, but she has some connotations of a Looking Glass as well. And the thing about looking at reality through glass or a lens is that reality becomes distorted when you do so.

I hypothesize that one of the functions of Riltia's Soul Star is to warp perception. And no, Riltia is not responsible for this warping; she has never had her Soul Star. It is in the hands of Oric and the Angels loyal to him. Riltiavision is not just a means to mess with us, the collective spirit; it is a way for Oric to manipulate and control her actions. Further, if Oric is not aware of every time the Astral Influx shifts perspective (and we've seen no evidence that he does, merely that he should know of our capabilities) then what we are seeing now is specifically the things Oric wants Riltia to be misinformed about, namely Riltia's own nature and the capabilities/presence of Al's Soul Star. It could be that Riltia does not actually know anything about Soul Charge, as those things have been kept from her; maybe we can't see everyone's Soul Charge at the the top of the screen because we're in Underside, or maybe it's a Riltia thing.

As far as an action to take, Ask Al what his sister's name was, because she's Pink Chick.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: you're not alone in this world
« Reply #21400 on: July 07, 2015, 06:20:55 pm »

Riltia: Split off from the party. Head down to cleared DL2 for a little confrontationexploration.

Does Riltia know where to find Polydectes? If so, she should head straight to the Cathedral. If we can get him to brief her as he did Proxxy, it could be beneficial.

However, I suspect she knows about the player spirits. Why else would she prevent Ciro from using the Influx?
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21401 on: July 07, 2015, 06:23:29 pm »

((Normally, the active party can be directly commanded through suggestions whereas the passive party acts on their own.))

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21402 on: July 07, 2015, 08:10:58 pm »

My vote still goes with team Goombess, but the waifu pendant and pink-attired thing seem made for one another...

Slog: Blorble!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21403 on: July 07, 2015, 08:15:29 pm »

Engage tactical diplomacy with pink chick.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21404 on: July 07, 2015, 08:18:10 pm »

Have we considered that maybe she doesn't realize that some of the things she sees are corrupted?

What if some nature of whatever she did to Oric to be branded a traitor has left her permanently corrupted, and unable to visualize certain things?  It'd explain why her scan result and view of Al's soulstar was wonky.
I wouldn't really call it corruption as much as I'd call it deception. The image of the soul star we had wasn't actually wonky, it was fake, simple as that. The Al that we saw holding the soulstar was a fake (cause you could see the real Al crossed out) so can we assume that it's non existent as well.

This leads us to two options, We are imagining our current Al or someone else is pretending to be Al.

That is why Al doesn't remember, it's not because the warrens is draining his memory, it's because the Imposter doesn't know.

Print to proxxy's visor: "this Al is a fake, whatever you do, do not go inside! Also, don't trust Rilitia."

Also, I think this might be important

If it is, it might mean that Rilitia isn't doing this intentionally, but then things like preventing us from switching to Al are super suspicious.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 1544