Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901145 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: now with unnecessary angst
« Reply #21375 on: July 07, 2015, 02:39:09 pm »

We should be Riltia, since she's clearly hiding something important.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21376 on: July 07, 2015, 02:41:42 pm »

We are not Al. Everytime we switch perspective with the Astral Influx, FFS is very particular about including a bold "You are now X" afterwards. There was no such thing this time, and the turn notes that Ciro "still looks a bit dazed, like she's trying to remember what she was doing a second ago" - right after trying to switch to Al and getting smacked upside the head hard enough to send the Influx flying out of her hands.

Riltia just prevented us from switching perspective.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #21377 on: July 07, 2015, 02:42:57 pm »

Enrg nvm my previous post.

Riltia: BLURT OUT WHATEVER YOURE THINKING

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21378 on: July 07, 2015, 02:51:19 pm »

Yeah probably the more we use the astral influx the more retarded we get.

Or maybe its this place itself that makes us retarded

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21379 on: July 07, 2015, 02:57:54 pm »

That seems like a very heavy-handed hint that using the Soul Star drains memories. I guess that makes sense, since you're literally using your soul to do stuff.

see i was about to start asking how the fuck we went from pistoletov's madonkas to a log on the horizon

this led to a slight adjustment/clarification of tropes involved

now to wait for ffs to give me an occasion to show i can be fucked with things

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21380 on: July 07, 2015, 03:11:33 pm »

We are not Al. Everytime we switch perspective with the Astral Influx, FFS is very particular about including a bold "You are now X" afterwards. There was no such thing this time, and the turn notes that Ciro "still looks a bit dazed, like she's trying to remember what she was doing a second ago" - right after trying to switch to Al and getting smacked upside the head hard enough to send the Influx flying out of her hands.

Riltia just prevented us from switching perspective.
+1
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21381 on: July 07, 2015, 03:13:48 pm »

...Rilitia is acting suspicious. Methinks our view of the world is being warped by her. Firstmost being that Al doesn't actually have his Soul Star, and Rilitia is lying about it's existence.

Rilitia: We know you're up to something.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21382 on: July 07, 2015, 03:19:50 pm »

I'm sure this Al is a fake, now. Switching to Al would have probably taken us to who knows where, where to real Al would be.

This is my theory, and I will ignore all evidence to the contrary.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21383 on: July 07, 2015, 03:30:50 pm »

...Rilitia is acting suspicious. Methinks our view of the world is being warped by her. Firstmost being that Al doesn't actually have his Soul Star, and Rilitia is lying about it's existence.

Rilitia: We know you're up to something.
No one suspects, you should go over your plans here in your thoughts where no one can hear.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21384 on: July 07, 2015, 03:42:47 pm »

I'm sure this Al is a fake, now. Switching to Al would have probably taken us to who knows where, where to real Al would be.

+1 switch to Al
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21385 on: July 07, 2015, 03:44:33 pm »

She's not looking! Take the flag!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21386 on: July 07, 2015, 03:45:10 pm »

+1 switch to Al
Too bad we used our scan. We could've checked Al without, y'know, switching to someone without the Influx and wasting a ton of time, which we just did.

Also, if we're going to switch to Al, we'll need to prevent Riltia from knocking it away, somehow, which would probably hurt Riltia --> Ciro. Why don't we wait for an opportunity to switch?

-1 to switching to Al.

Does anyone know when Al's Soul Star started being weird and fake?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21387 on: July 07, 2015, 03:51:38 pm »

+1 switch to Al
Too bad we used our scan. We could've checked Al without, y'know, switching to someone without the Influx and wasting a ton of time, which we just did.

Also, if we're going to switch to Al, we'll need to prevent Riltia from knocking it away, somehow, which would probably hurt Riltia --> Ciro. Why don't we wait for an opportunity to switch?

-1 to switching to Al.

Does anyone know when Al's Soul Star started being weird and fake?
When we asked where his Soul Star was.
Everything turns to Riltia vision whenever we ask something that she doesn't want us to see or know, and satisfies what we want to see with a crude rendition of what we wanted to see.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:56:14 pm by javierpwn »

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21388 on: July 07, 2015, 03:54:52 pm »

That seems like a very heavy-handed hint that using the Soul Star drains memories. I guess that makes sense, since you're literally using your soul to do stuff.
I'm not sure I agree with this. Being dazed momentarily is a lot different from long-term memory loss. And it's curious that it's taken this many switches for some visible reaction like this to occur. Might have something to do with the specific situation in which we're attempting the transfer...

My version of events? Frankly I don't have the slightest clue what is going on here.

If Riltia is going to betray us, we might as well force it out now, rather than have it happen at a more disadvantageous occasion. Do exactly what we tried to do with the Soul Star once again. See how Riltia reacts.

EDIT: Ehhh gods. She's actually incredibly powerful and in an incredibly advantageous situation anyway. With one attack of her Very Big Spear can she demolish most of the party as they stand now, one-shot kill a party member with Shardstorm if we use DR to defend the survivors, and trap one of us with Locking Glass if as a party we try to escape. Someone think of something subtler!

Spoiler: "Very Big Spear" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:12:31 pm by Chris the OK »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21389 on: July 07, 2015, 04:00:12 pm »

Have we considered that maybe she doesn't realize that some of the things she sees are corrupted?

What if some nature of whatever she did to Oric to be branded a traitor has left her permanently corrupted, and unable to visualize certain things?  It'd explain why her scan result and view of Al's soulstar was wonky.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 1544