Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900578 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: you're not alone in this world
« Reply #21090 on: June 17, 2015, 11:50:49 am »

IIRC, the Astral Influx was especially good at generating Soul Charge, so it made sense to have the Target, the one with the most efficient Soul Star, go through the majority of the apparatus instead of another Sibling. Then they fought and killed/were killed by the other Siblings in their boss room. The boss rooms are implied to have machinery in them to capture the Soul Charge of a killed Sibling in them, and that's why Proxxy was told only to engage the Target in combat in their boss chamber[A rule Ecco blatantly ignored, but whatever]. Oric wants the Target alone and isolated from the other Siblings because he fears rebellion. Right now, he probably wants Ciro dead[At the hands of a Sibling, in a boss room] quickly so he can restart the cycle with less contrary elements in it. Normally, though, Oric just wants the Target dead so they can harvest the Soul Charge from their particularly efficacious Soul Star while resetting their memory so as to decrease the chance they'll rebel against him.

On an unrelated note, Javierpwn's story makes me think that the main catalyst of the abnormality of Ciro and this particular cycle were caused by some mistake with the LSS thingyummy. Which means that this entire thing was caused by Chief meddling with the machinery. Somehow, it all comes back to Chief.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #21091 on: June 17, 2015, 11:54:51 am »

If that's so maybe it's because Al put both Ciro and Miri in the LSS, merging them.

...Maybe Genetic Recess separates them again?

But what if the cycles are just elaborate plays staged by Oric to attract more souls to the Warrens? (Meta warning: I'm not responsible if your head a splode.)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21092 on: June 17, 2015, 12:39:11 pm »

+1 for magical girl best girl, aka Goombess.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21093 on: June 17, 2015, 12:51:53 pm »

magic goombess +1

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21094 on: June 17, 2015, 05:18:53 pm »

Typing from a 3DS is a major pain.

But I had to get this out.

The third weapon is the Asynchrony Catalyst.

Every soul star has a domain. List:

Astral Influx: spirits.
Ilborn Exchange: Ilborn and essences.
Insolvent Thaumaturge: hp and sp.
Ardent Circuit: menus and mechanisms.
Asynchrony Catalyst: rooms in the Warrens(as semi-proven by me earlier.)
Vain Crescendo: status effects(generated by music).
Reverant Savior: unknown.
'Cain's Claw': limited spirits, magic, soul charge?
Oric's Star: soul charge, judgement, possibly the Claw?
Floe's Star: unknown.

the most powerful domains are the Warrens, soul charge, and spirits.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21095 on: June 17, 2015, 07:11:57 pm »

Oric wants the target dead because they have been targetted for death and them not dying would be a severe breach of protocol. Oric targeted Ciro  because Ciro is the only one who doesn't think Oric is awesome... Everyone else is either subservient to, wants to replace, is terrified of, is enamoured by, or some combination there of, Oric...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21096 on: June 17, 2015, 10:34:32 pm »

Wait, hold on.

I thought javier was just outlining what we all already knew. I thought it was generally accepted that the Target acts as a conduit for the Soul Charge generated during each cycle, and ultimately is supposed to deliver that Charge to Oric by facing him (and perishing) on the final Dungeon Level (exact specifics of that last bit unknown).

Is this not the case? I require an explanation of what is going over my head, if anything.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21097 on: June 17, 2015, 11:00:31 pm »

Wait, hold on.

I thought javier was just outlining what we all already knew. I thought it was generally accepted that the Target acts as a conduit for the Soul Charge generated during each cycle, and ultimately is supposed to deliver that Charge to Oric by facing him (and perishing) on the final Dungeon Level (exact specifics of that last bit unknown).

Is this not the case? I require an explanation of what is going over my head, if anything.
Target dies in the boss rooms too. Delivering charge to the boss room, in turn to Oric/where ever Oric stores Charge for the dungeon.

But yes, my theorycraft is at the very least, an attempt to get people thinking about possible solutions, and also an outline for theorycrafters to follow(you guys always forget evidence).  At best, anot her win on the board for me.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21098 on: June 18, 2015, 05:23:33 am »

you guys are bad at this game

there are three valid options

1. put pendant on ffs
2. put pendant on slog
3. put pendant on shopkeeper

you already shat all over #2 (you guys are bad at this game) and i don't want to encourage ffs too much so

PENDANT ON SHOPKEEPER

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21100 on: June 18, 2015, 09:36:03 am »

I still don't see even the slightest problem with giving it to Slog. But since so many are irrationally opposed to the idea, I'll go with the Goombess train. The arguments in her favor were very convincing.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21101 on: June 18, 2015, 09:46:48 am »

I still don't see even the slightest problem with giving it to Slog. But since so many are irrationally opposed to the idea, I'll go with the Goombess train. The arguments in her favor were very convincing.
It's not so much that slog is a *bad* choice, it's that we have much, much better choices to go for instead.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21102 on: June 18, 2015, 01:34:30 pm »

PENDANT ON SHOPKEEPER
I can't be the only one who never wants to hear "For Love, Justice, and The Bottom Line!"...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21103 on: June 18, 2015, 02:19:05 pm »

PENDANT ON SHOPKEEPER
I can't be the only one who never wants to hear "For Love, Justice, and The Bottom Line!"...
I was going to -1 but then I saw this and now I must +1 to pendant on shopkeeper
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21104 on: June 18, 2015, 02:22:04 pm »

PENDANT ON SHOPKEEPER

i just went back like two years of thread and changed my spirit class to reflect your post
Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 1544