Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900649 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: you're not alone in this world
« Reply #21075 on: June 16, 2015, 08:36:24 pm »

put the pendant on the collective
what could go wrong

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21076 on: June 16, 2015, 08:42:39 pm »

what could go wrong

I think we would need a natural 20 on shenanigans for that to work.

and the consequences of a natural 1? (shudder) no.....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21077 on: June 16, 2015, 09:11:08 pm »

what could go wrong

I think we would need a natural 20 on shenanigans for that to work.

and the consequences of a natural 1? (shudder) no.....
Hey, it's a one-in-ten chance of something interesting!

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21078 on: June 16, 2015, 09:25:48 pm »

Destroy the pendant before the Collective destroys itself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21079 on: June 16, 2015, 09:32:12 pm »

Destroy the pendant before the Collective destroys itself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NO! NO DISTROYING ONE OF A KIND WEAPON!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21080 on: June 16, 2015, 09:36:53 pm »

The flaw being that she's Illborn, meaning that improving her is going to be a tad bit more difficult than improving Ciro or Cherish or anyone else who might easily get more MSP.

That said: there's another option: just put the dang thing in Storage for a while. Give the Sword Power Tie to Al though, he's the only one who uses a sword(other than Ciro and the Swordflux).

Ah, "improvement."

Combined MHP/MSP:

Proxxy: 30 (15/15)
Goombess: 23 (11/12)
Cherish: 23 (9/14)
Riltia: 22 (15/7)
Al: 20 (10/10)
Ciro: 18 (10/8) (MSP drained by bloodshaped weaponry)
Slog: 15 (8/7)

Goombess is already in the top third of our party in terms of base stats; she just doesn't have the skills to back it up, hence why she has the rather expensive Ice Flurry skill in her inventory. We've never actually spent money to improve MSP to my knowledge; we've been getting by with items that do it for us, so we could easily spend our money on MSP for Ciro and give the hat to Goombess if she starts lagging behind the power curve.

And let's not forget that one of our ultimate goals is to reverse the process of Illbornification via Polydectes and his Essence and Binding sidequest. It would be way more handy to have a friendly Illborn on hand who can fit in with the party even without the purchase of class stats than it would be to invest heavily in bringing laggard Illborn up to the rest of the party just to test out the Illbornification.

The Mercenary guide explicitly told us not to empower Illborn, which as far as I'm concerned is more than enough reason to do the opposite! Liberate the Illborn! Overthrow the oppressor! Break the cycles! Roh Roh Fight Dah Powah!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21081 on: June 16, 2015, 09:50:32 pm »

+1 Magical Girl Goom-Bess

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21082 on: June 17, 2015, 12:10:10 am »

Ciro really could use some stats, couldn't she?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21083 on: June 17, 2015, 03:21:06 am »

Spoiler: TL;DR (click to show/hide)
As always criticisms appreciated.

EDIT:Here's a Goombess if you read all the way through my ramblings:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:23:27 am by javierpwn »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21084 on: June 17, 2015, 06:29:40 am »

The flaw being that she's Illborn, meaning that improving her is going to be a tad bit more difficult than improving Ciro or Cherish or anyone else who might easily get more MSP.

That said: there's another option: just put the dang thing in Storage for a while. Give the Sword Power Tie to Al though, he's the only one who uses a sword(other than Ciro and the Swordflux).

Ah, "improvement."

Combined MHP/MSP:

Proxxy: 30 (15/15)
Goombess: 23 (11/12)
Cherish: 23 (9/14)
Riltia: 22 (15/7)
Al: 20 (10/10)
Ciro: 18 (10/8) (MSP drained by bloodshaped weaponry)
Slog: 15 (8/7)

Goombess is already in the top third of our party in terms of base stats; she just doesn't have the skills to back it up, hence why she has the rather expensive Ice Flurry skill in her inventory. We've never actually spent money to improve MSP to my knowledge; we've been getting by with items that do it for us, so we could easily spend our money on MSP for Ciro and give the hat to Goombess if she starts lagging behind the power curve.

And let's not forget that one of our ultimate goals is to reverse the process of Illbornification via Polydectes and his Essence and Binding sidequest. It would be way more handy to have a friendly Illborn on hand who can fit in with the party even without the purchase of class stats than it would be to invest heavily in bringing laggard Illborn up to the rest of the party just to test out the Illbornification.

The Mercenary guide explicitly told us not to empower Illborn, which as far as I'm concerned is more than enough reason to do the opposite! Liberate the Illborn! Overthrow the oppressor! Break the cycles! Roh Roh Fight Dah Powah!

some of the guilds rules are wrong, but blue guy also said the same thing. so it stands to reason we can trust that its true.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21085 on: June 17, 2015, 06:41:18 am »

((We did spend stat points on MSP, but only once. Ciro has 12 MSP instead of her original 10.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21086 on: June 17, 2015, 06:46:47 am »

Oh. If you've posted, then that theorycraft isn't good enough. Pity.

Presuming you've read it. Hm. Of course, the real answer is obvious: Oric wants the Target dead because: a, he's afraid, and b, because of the Law of Cycles.

It's simple enough: Oric is bound by the Angels and their rules so that he can't kill the Target directly. Instead he uses his Siblings to block the Target... but they die, one by one, until finally the Target comes to Oric and kills him... then Riltia backstabs the Target, as commanded by her master, the Lord/Last Seraphim, killing the Target... then the Angels revive Oric, he revives the Siblings, and the Target starts again. Why to all of this? Because the Last Seraphim is trying to torture Oric. Of course, I'm probably horribly wrong.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21087 on: June 17, 2015, 09:29:22 am »

Spoiler: TLDR (click to show/hide)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #21088 on: June 17, 2015, 10:20:20 am »

That's all for Ultimate Weapons and souls? A likely scenario is that the third ultimate weapon is Al's Illborn Exchange, as it gives him (limited for now) control over Illborns.

Oric's star being the first ultimate weapon would be giving him control over the angels/cherubs/devils/etc.

And Ciro's star gives him/her control over the collective spirit of the Underworld: the souls of those dead.

The Devil being the Devil and the Warrens being most likely Hell, what if they feed on souls instead of soul charge? Do we know what happens when the person currently holding the collective spirit dies?

What if Oric wants to kill the Target so that the Warrens keep being powered by us?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21089 on: June 17, 2015, 11:27:20 am »

The line "Recreate the Prison" comes to mind. Oric once played the hero's role in defeating the Demons.

Now Ciro annually takes that journey in reverse order. The only question is why. Why does Oric keep forcing Ciro to retake the dungeon repeatedly?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 ... 1544