Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3902551 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: this is stupid
« Reply #20850 on: June 06, 2015, 08:46:23 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20851 on: June 06, 2015, 10:20:38 pm »

WAIFU PENDANT ON POLYDECTES
++++++1!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSS!!!! +1!!!!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20853 on: June 06, 2015, 11:45:59 pm »

All of the votes for Pretty Princess Polydectes(P.P.P.) could probably be nullified by a hastily-made piece of fanart, so if it really worries you, then that is your easy way out...

So from a metagaming perspective, Polydectes is sort of a meta-character, they have all these unusual abilities and insights and are, basically, in the long run, far too useful to last to the end of the game. So Polydectes is going to be plot removed at some point. But you cannot remove a magical girl from a series, it just isn't possible, worst-case scenario they get killed off for real but keep appearing in disturbingly interactive flashbacks. The sort of thing where you are looking at the coagulated pool of various diluted essences and thinking "Polydectes would know all about this but Oric flooded the whole D.L. with solace and offed everyone there, but remember that time that we were talking to Polydectes over tea and crumpets with a rose-tinted filter between us and they were talking all about reconstituting essences...". But more likely P.P.P. will just teleport in at the last moment because they didn't die after all, or were revived through the power of love, or were enslaved by The Last Seraphim and returned to this world to do their bidding, but with the power of friendship we can restore their will, you know how these things are... And this is our once-in-a-lifetime loot-of-making-Al-beautiful that can only be used once and It-that-drinks-our-tears would never predict our expending it on a mere acquaintance. And honestly, not even That-which-engorges-upon-our-pain could bring itself to destroy a thing of such beauty as P.P.P....
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20855 on: June 07, 2015, 03:39:36 am »

All of the votes for Pretty Princess Polydectes(P.P.P.) could probably be nullified by a hastily-made piece of fanart, so if it really worries you, then that is your easy way out...

So from a metagaming perspective, Polydectes is sort of a meta-character, they have all these unusual abilities and insights and are, basically, in the long run, far too useful to last to the end of the game. So Polydectes is going to be plot removed at some point. But you cannot remove a magical girl from a series, it just isn't possible, worst-case scenario they get killed off for real but keep appearing in disturbingly interactive flashbacks. The sort of thing where you are looking at the coagulated pool of various diluted essences and thinking "Polydectes would know all about this but Oric flooded the whole D.L. with solace and offed everyone there, but remember that time that we were talking to Polydectes over tea and crumpets with a rose-tinted filter between us and they were talking all about reconstituting essences...". But more likely P.P.P. will just teleport in at the last moment because they didn't die after all, or were revived through the power of love, or were enslaved by The Last Seraphim and returned to this world to do their bidding, but with the power of friendship we can restore their will, you know how these things are... And this is our once-in-a-lifetime loot-of-making-Al-beautiful that can only be used once and It-that-drinks-our-tears would never predict our expending it on a mere acquaintance. And honestly, not even That-which-engorges-upon-our-pain could bring itself to destroy a thing of such beauty as P.P.P....
your argument applies better to giving the pendent to worldmaster than to Poly -1
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20856 on: June 07, 2015, 05:22:31 am »

WAIFU PENDANT ON POLYDECTES
-1. That is all.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20857 on: June 07, 2015, 05:35:42 am »

I... Kinda want to see what happens if the magicka amulet and the necktie of the swordmaster are combined, would it create a magical transformation amulet with a transformation related to swords? Or perhaps a form that gives an amplified bonus to using swords and without any trace of magical girls? Or perhaps give us a necktie of the swordmaster that soulbinds and gives a passive increased bonus to swordsmeistering?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20858 on: June 07, 2015, 05:45:18 am »

I feel like binding the Essence of Crab to World Master won't actually lock him into our plane of existence. FFS wouldn't allow it. In fact, we'd probably end up losing the Essence as well. However, since I don't particularly care about Crab Essence...

Point. Have Polydectes merge the Crab Essence with Worldmaster. If that's not possible, or not a good idea, do it anyway.
+1
+1
+1
+1 for experiments.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20859 on: June 07, 2015, 06:24:39 am »

I feel like binding the Essence of Crab to World Master won't actually lock him into our plane of existence. FFS wouldn't allow it. In fact, we'd probably end up losing the Essence as well. However, since I don't particularly care about Crab Essence...

Yeah, I feel the same way about this.

There are many more tangible reasons to doubt the success of our "experiment" - some of them coming from Proxxy herself - and since no one else seems to have noticed this, here goes: Proxxy seems to be catching on pretty quickly about the whole process, to the point that she's almost dropping clues:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here she reveals how she's acquiring a very developed, ordered understanding of the taxonomy of the warrens. She's filling out an "enum" (or an unchanging, unordered list) of different types of being inside the Warrens - illborn, spirit, human (this species-ist entry could be replaced by "normal biological entities", I guess), and so on, each a distinct, non-overlapping category. The way she's thinking is the way we should be thinking.

That has, admittedly, very slight value as a clue for us. But what she says next is more interesting:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She's cottoned on to the idea of a "manual reset" on the timer, which is something completely opposed to what we're trying - a complete re-fit of WorldMaster27's physical manifestation. Maybe there's a simple, one-action process required to get him to hang around a bit longer - not destroying the timer, as we're hoping in this case, but simply setting it back to its initial value.

And that in turn, reminds me - we're not actually providing any sort of physical embodiment for WorldMaster27 whatsoever. We're just giving him some spiritual essence, when in fact, he's already a spirit. Maybe what we need is a body, rather than an essence, to make WorldMaster whole again.

I reckon that we could spring the trap again and reset the clock, but we don't have time. So here's my totally contrarian and entirely-unlikely-to-win-the-vote suggestion: Ask Polydectes for a random spare body and quickly (quickly dammit!) mix that with the essence AND the spirit in the LSS.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:57:02 am by Chris the OK »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20860 on: June 07, 2015, 07:01:35 am »

I reckon that we could spring the trap again and reset the clock, but we don't have time. So here's my totally contrarian and entirely-unlikely-to-win-the-vote suggestion: Ask Polydectes for a random spare body and quickly (quickly dammit!) mix that with the essence AND the spirit in the LSS.
Go ahead, if possible. If not, stick to just essence and spirit.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20861 on: June 07, 2015, 08:44:52 am »

The only real possibility for player spirits to stick around is to have them possess or be turned into an item.

And I am still unsure about the validity of it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20862 on: June 07, 2015, 08:49:50 am »

Hmmmm.
*waifu pendant to worldmasters spirit*
Hmmmmm.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20863 on: June 07, 2015, 09:10:48 am »

Be turned into an item.
Can the dark cathedral turn illborn into essence? If so, maybe we can do the same with the spirit.

Also, does this information come from FFS? Or is it just speculation?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20864 on: June 07, 2015, 09:20:35 am »

Can the dark cathedral turn illborn into essence?

only in the vidya game
Pages: 1 ... 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393 ... 1544