Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3898299 times)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: DL3.2
« Reply #19920 on: May 01, 2015, 08:06:28 pm »

I'm sure ffs would let us find out.

I'm sure he'd help us find out.  There'd be no "letting."

Also, may I propose Ecco is actually two people, for no other reason than "Echo"?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19921 on: May 01, 2015, 09:56:45 pm »

Okay, point. But really, what else would it make sense to effect? Also, I think that the thing has a cooldown, or a rather high cost... there's probably a way to balance it. Also: reasoning for effecting rooms: the Catalyst has an earth theme, and that I feel corresponds with the dungeon levels... oh that's not a good link is it. Oh well. At least it seems messing with rooms is something the Catalyst could do, and is likely to do. If you have an other possibility... Also: as to the balancing: it probably has negative effects for sentient life within the room when swapped.
Nothing comes to mind, and the X,Y,Z designations make it sound likely. But the problem is that function doesn't make sense either, and trying to tack on possible restrictions or alterations to it just reinforces the point that we really have no idea. It could be Thing A With Restrictions B, C, And D; but it could also be Thing A with Restrictions E, F, And G; or Thing B with Restrictions B, F, and H; or Thing I with Features D and J; and so on.

As an example in this particular case, it could swap entities but not items or terrain; or it could swap terrain but not anything on the terrain; or it could swap just loose objects; or it could overwrite one thing as a reimagined version of the other; and so on. If the only thing we know is that it could be an infinite array of possibilities, pretending we at least know it's this particular branch of infinity strikes me as unwise.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg4892629#msg4892629
I seriously think we should consider buying the eyebrow-waggling technique for 2 river dollars. That's +10 persuasion right there for us to take advantage of in any way we want to. Honestly, what can't we do with +17 persuasion total?
Assuming that's all eyebrow wiggles, what makes you think we can get it for 2 river dollars?

Though for the record, I am in favor of raising our Persuasion stat at any and all costs. I doubt ffs will let us, but I'm open to the possibility.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19922 on: May 01, 2015, 10:00:40 pm »

I seriously think we should consider buying the eyebrow-waggling technique for 2 river dollars. That's +10 persuasion right there for us to take advantage of in any way we want to. Honestly, what can't we do with +17 persuasion total?
Assuming that's all eyebrow wiggles, what makes you think we can get it for 2 river dollars?
The update after that.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19923 on: May 01, 2015, 10:11:20 pm »

Interesting, but:

Your passing knowledge of currency conversion rates tells you this is a bad deal. The shopkeeper agrees, but his offer stands.
This worries me greatly. Why would that be a bad deal? Was a rushed and overworked ffs too busy to realize what he was offering? Were River Dollars at the time in such short supply that the better option was to hoard them? Or could it be that the famed maneuver doesn't do what we think it does?

EDIT: Oh, I know one possibility. Notice it applied as a penalty to our persuasion checks, not a bonus to his. That might just be a convention issue, where he's not rolling and we are so +10 to him is the same as -10 to us. But if it's not, that'd absolutely destroy any use we might have for the ability.

This may be worth investigating, if we can possibly figure out how. Tipkeeper maybe? Would they answer if we just asked them?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19924 on: May 01, 2015, 10:14:28 pm »

While I'm all fine with obtaining the power of eyebrows, I think our chance has long passed. We can't assume all shopkeepers have or will sell it, so our best shot is to go back to that shopkeeper, hope the dungeon hasn't rearranged and rendered him gone forever, hope he hasn't changed his stock, (Yeah, this shouldn't affect the eyebrow gambit's availability, but who knows...) and hope he hasn't adjusted prices like that one time when we went back to a shopkeeper hoping to buy a bunch of inventory slots with our newfound wealth, only to find we couldn't afford his new prices.

If we *do* find him, I think a better option would be to pry up the floor beneath him, (to avoid contact that might trigger deadly retaliation) carry it like a palanquin with Riltia's Dumb Fighter Strength back to the Dark Cathedral, and  merge him with Slog in an attempt to give our slimy buddy laser eyes. (And maybe also the eyebrow trick, if we're lucky. It'd help with shipping Slog x Everybody.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19925 on: May 01, 2015, 10:28:11 pm »

Interesting, but:

Your passing knowledge of currency conversion rates tells you this is a bad deal. The shopkeeper agrees, but his offer stands.
This worries me greatly. Why would that be a bad deal? Was a rushed and overworked ffs too busy to realize what he was offering? Were River Dollars at the time in such short supply that the better option was to hoard them? Or could it be that the famed maneuver doesn't do what we think it does?

EDIT: Oh, I know one possibility. Notice it applied as a penalty to our persuasion checks, not a bonus to his. That might just be a convention issue, where he's not rolling and we are so +10 to him is the same as -10 to us. But if it's not, that'd absolutely destroy any use we might have for the ability.

This may be worth investigating, if we can possibly figure out how. Tipkeeper maybe? Would they answer if we just asked them?

your regularly scheduled warrens will return soon

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19926 on: May 01, 2015, 10:37:49 pm »

Interesting, but:

It was because for that price we could buy a crap-ton of extremely useful stuff like level-up potions or something. There was a guy NE of the village who sold stuff for river dollars but I can't find the update where we went there.

-snip-
Well, it looks like they somehow managed to split the party while we were gone again. Next time we use the AI, we should all agree IC to do whatever we can to not die and not split the party up.

EDIT: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg4463600#msg4463600

EDIT2: There was a door behind him. What was behind the door?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:49:42 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19927 on: May 01, 2015, 10:58:51 pm »

"evil alt universe Al"

I assume the only difference is that alt Al (Alt?) has a goatee.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19928 on: May 01, 2015, 11:12:08 pm »

Can we just go do that so Evil Al can ship with Al?

With +17 persuasion, no way Al could sink that ship.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19929 on: May 01, 2015, 11:18:33 pm »

Didn't we already do that? It had Blingee and everything. Nothing happened.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19930 on: May 01, 2015, 11:23:44 pm »

Didn't we already do that? It had Blingee and everything. Nothing happened.
One of the Als was a fake.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19931 on: May 02, 2015, 12:06:48 am »

One of the Als was Kit Kat. Who I still wanna resurrect somehow.

Once we go Oversoul.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19932 on: May 02, 2015, 12:08:02 am »

How do we Oversoul again? Does it use the Astral Influx? Can we feed the Astral Influx with essences to charge it?

EDIT: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg4050294#msg4050294
A power sought out by evil rulers and corrupt dictators for millenea. One time-wrought eye gives life, another takes it. Total control. Total domination. Total and complete power.
Ok, so apparently we knew about oversoul before it activated (we just didn't know we could do it), we know about "time-wrought eyes" which both Al and Ciro are, and we know FFS can't spell "millennia" :P, though that last bit probably doesn't mean much (OR DOES IT?!??!?).

Question ourselves about "time-wrought eyes".
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:21:09 am by Andres »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19933 on: May 02, 2015, 12:21:19 am »

Makes me wonder exactly what effect a World Tree would have.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19934 on: May 02, 2015, 12:22:53 am »

Makes me wonder exactly what effect a World Tree would have.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg4463652#msg4463652
This was not in the index of updates.
Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 1544