Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3902180 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: TWotWoOtAoOtA
« Reply #18375 on: January 27, 2015, 04:10:23 pm »

Giorgi better talk like a stereotypical east european.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: twootaborn includes harem ending
« Reply #18376 on: January 27, 2015, 06:45:19 pm »

You say we can't suggest actions for TWotWoOtAoOtA, yet option 3 is "Something even dumber" and I distinctly note a lack of a "set the tavern on fire" option.

...oh wait Al is in mortal peril.

Well that went swimmingly.

We should have Cherish heal Al, Ciro snipe the fellsetto from behind and Al attempting capture.

Btw what did Dominant Voice do again?

+1 this plan. Riltia should probably do something, I dunno, write Ciro a love song.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18377 on: January 27, 2015, 07:05:43 pm »

Al: Cast Bulwarks.

Cherish: Cast Heal on Al.

Ciro: Bloodshape ridiculously weak ranged weapon.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18378 on: January 27, 2015, 07:48:45 pm »

If only KitKat were still around, we could have her become Al and execute an Al x Al Bro Attack. But we can't, so

+1 The old clot cutter laser scalpel would be a good one to bloodshape, I suspect.

Also, a Wisp must be the best of all possible lives if even their Mercenaries work for free.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18379 on: January 27, 2015, 07:57:55 pm »

If only KitKat were still around, we could have her become Al and execute an Al x Al Bro Attack. But we can't, so
We tried to have Al bro attack with Al!Kit-Kat. It didn't work.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18380 on: January 27, 2015, 08:31:55 pm »

Well I, for one, wish to offer the felsetto a recording contract. Preferably on Ecco's behalf.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18381 on: January 27, 2015, 08:33:59 pm »

Al: MOVE IT. Get to the other side of the Fellsetto, get it to music-laser the stereo
Cherish: Heal Al as he goes past.

Ciro: Take back the ring of sexy and hand out cheap laser knives like candy.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18382 on: January 27, 2015, 11:36:38 pm »

Challenge Fellseto to rap battle with eternal servitude as the price of losing on either side.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #18383 on: January 27, 2015, 11:41:21 pm »

"Did You Catch It?" #5
A bits-and-pieces show with freeformschooler

Hello, and welcome to the fifth episode of the much-too-frequent "Did You Catch It?" Today, we won't focus on a specific theme, but we'll cover bits and pieces of information from the past two levels. I'm always surprised just how many things the readers do catch. There's hardly a reason for covering the missed or unknown easter eggs, references and callbacks, except that some readers enjoy it. If you want to be completely surprised by everything (one reader said they avoid theorycrafting like the plague, and that's reasonable), you ought to skip over these segments.

Why did Ciro go nearly mad on DL3?

DL3 gave us our first hint of the true nature of the Warrens: there is some mysterious, even metaphysical, force which directly manipulates the Dungeon Levels. It's the same force that rearranges Dungeon Levels. We also know higher-up Siblings have radio-like communication: Proxxy and her instruction screen, Cain and his messaging panel, Ecco and his speakers - and these run in tandem with communications like we saw with the weird statue on DL2. It also becomes clear from Cain's communications that there is some sort of suppression on most Dungeon Levels that prevents these "background events" from occurring on DL3. Similarly, though Ciro occasionally hears voices from the players, it wasn't until Cleared DL2 (an area that seemed dead and sterile and had no communication devices) that we saw the ghosts of the players or whoever it is giving the voices. The suppression field that normally keeps communications silent was swapped on DL3 for a magic suppression field.

From this, we can assume the unsuppressed "background events" slowly corrupt beings on Dungeon Level 3. Nearly every creature we saw on DL3 was twisted in some way: the Hellyfish and other monsters were abominations, Polydectes is... whatever he's supposed to be, Cain is bizarre enough that he gets his own art style, and the only permanent service NPC was a Shopkeeper. Oddly, Oric and Spira seem to be in full possession of their mental faculties. We can guess Ciro and the others were similarly affected by DL3.

Chief's Robe

Chief's robe is covered densely in letters from the English Alphabet knock-off seen throughout the Warrens. Though it's hard to decipher at such a small size, the original letter read something to the effect of "KEEP THIS VILLAGE IN ETERNAL PEACE."

The Song

The Fellsetto's music beam is the first few bars of Totaka's Song. It's a song that appears on a wide variety of video games that Totaka Kazumi worked on. Obviously, Mr. Kazumi did not work on TWoOtA, but Warrens pays homage (and rips from) Nintendo series in so many ways that it simply had to be placed in the token musical level.

What IS Ripriver, anyway?

In a game where everything is a reference, cliche, or directly stolen from some video game series, Prince Ripriver and Skyship Serabella seem to come out of left field. They clearly come from a different world than Ciro. Their background is nonsensical: ghost robots tasked with the maintenance of a floating warship. Why? This was an interesting enough question that someone asked it on IRC once, and it deserves a proper answer.

OVER AND OUT OVER AND OUT OVER AND OUT

There are two speakers, not one, in Over and Out. Their voices are layered over each other many times, and the background noises are the same voices altered. Hopefully this is enough information to rekindle interest in isolating hints from the song.

Good episode! There likely won't be another until the release of TWoOtABorn (which is now 1/3 complete.) Though the "Minus" platform game has been scrapped, and the Angel.html game's files were lost, some of the original concepts for both games live on in TWoOtABorn. Hopefully it'll see a release by summer of this year, but don't get your hopes up. Freeformschooler out!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:49:40 am by freeformschooler »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18384 on: January 27, 2015, 11:48:52 pm »

Well, I still don't know enough about anything regarding audio technology to hope to find something in Over and Out, but best of luck to anyone that does.

And, I do find the fact that things are warped by the 'background communications' interesting. Does this mean that we have a naturally mutagenic or otherwise corrupting influence, or is it something else? What might happen to our characters if they stay on DL3 or a cleared level for too long?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18385 on: January 28, 2015, 07:58:19 am »

Giorgi: Retrieve arms from robe

E:
Also, we should probably play Exile Villify at some point :V
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:03:28 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18386 on: January 28, 2015, 12:13:26 pm »

+1 The old clot cutter laser scalpel would be a good one to bloodshape, I suspect.

Also, a Wisp must be the best of all possible lives if even their Mercenaries work for free.
+1

Also, more of a long-term action, when we have the chance and aren't in danger: Bloodshape a Wizard's Staff[Since its a melee weapon, it should use MHP, not MSP] to get Ciro's SP high enough to cast Genetic Recess.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18387 on: January 28, 2015, 12:40:02 pm »

~Music is now Mima's Twilight Spark~
~Kicked objects become weapons of mass destruction~
~Music timer is five~

(People should put in more musical suggestions. I like having a big list.)

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)
Cherish: Heal Al: +Cerol, +EP, +Solymr, +monk12, +flabort, +Arcvasti (6)
Al: Cast Bulwarks: +Cerol, +EP, +Arcvasti (3)
Ciro: Bloodshape Clot Cutter: +Cerol, +EP, +Arcvasti (3)

(Heal: 2+1+5 HEAL) Al falls back and lets Cherish heal him as he buffs himself with Druid's Bulwark. Meanwhile, Ciro reshapes the old Clot Cutter with its damage and range boni pre-activated.

The team's SP is starting to wear a little thin, now.

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18388 on: January 28, 2015, 12:43:13 pm »

Ciro: Apply laser to Falsetto
Al:Attempt to capture wounded Falsetto
Rinse and repeat until Falsetto is captured.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18389 on: January 28, 2015, 12:49:22 pm »

Ciro: Apply laser to Falsetto
Al:Attempt to capture wounded Falsetto
Rinse and repeat until Falsetto is captured.

+1

Afterwards

Kick the wall
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 ... 1544