Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3898149 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Critical
« Reply #17475 on: November 09, 2014, 04:48:49 pm »

E. continue playing in the land of the dead. Duh.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17476 on: November 09, 2014, 06:29:01 pm »

Plot twist: We were Oric all along.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17477 on: November 09, 2014, 06:30:45 pm »

F)Theorycraft

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17478 on: November 10, 2014, 10:05:47 am »

Part of me hopes FFS abandons this abruptly right here.  With one arm I would slash my wrists, with the other arm I would fist-pump in celebration of a truly epic trolling.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17479 on: November 11, 2014, 10:05:49 am »

Spoiler: Count (thanks Monk!) (click to show/hide)
Bring up Ecco's meeting with Cain: [10] +monk12 +flameboy99 +Toaster +Furturka +RedWarrior0 +flabort +Arcvasti +Shadowhammer +Randomino +Kevak +flabort -javierpwn
Store Goombess in Illborn Exchange: [9] +Randomino +monk12 +Solymr +flameboy99 +Tomcost +EP+Worldmaster27 +Tophat +fractalman +RedWarrior0 -javierpwn
Gather KitKat Ashes: [7] +Elephant Parade +RAM +Kevak +birdy51 +fractalman +Arcvasti -Execute/Dumbo.exe -Solymr +NAV +FNIFF +Quade
(The other actions at [9] were not chosen because they conflicted with the action at [10].

Goom-bess is stored in the Exchange. (Gather: 6) Al attempts to gather Kit Kat's ashes, but they waft away out of reach.

Oric takes flight and floats off to the west.

Well, that was anti-climactic.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17480 on: November 11, 2014, 10:08:22 am »

East time? East time.

Also, check Riltia's menus. Possibly ask Ecco about the "weapons" he and Cain have mentioned.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17481 on: November 11, 2014, 10:20:14 am »

Also redeploy Goom-Bess and ask for tattle on Ecco

check Riltia's menus. Possibly ask Ecco about the "weapons" he and Cain have mentioned.

+1
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17482 on: November 11, 2014, 10:38:04 am »

No. No it was not. There's an incredible wealth of information in there. Not all of it is 100% meaningful right now, but I firmly believe calling in Ecco was the correct thing to do. He's sworn vengeance upon Oric now, and I think that means it'll be child's play to recruit him, and having him along may or may not give us a bonus to reeling in Floe when that time comes.

But yeah. For now, time to bugger off to the eastward area. I'm almost certain that one of the "weapons" is Oric's Hammer... lemmie reread Cain's little storytime...

Quote from: Cain
The Thief was trusted with an unbelievably powerful Soul Star. It granted him dominance over the Devil and ALL her sinister siblings. He could manage them, tell them exactly what they needed to do to run the place HIS way, under threat of retaliation. There were three such Soul Stars, but that's another story.

I don't know if we've confirmed the second weapon's identity and/or owner yet (though I suspect it might be the Illborn Exchange/LSL), but Cain ALSO mentions something that turned out to be incredibly fortuitous for us here:

Cain's sitting on Ecco's soul star, and it just so conveniently happens to rival Oric's in power. I think it's cycle-breaking time, ladies and gentlemen.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Inside Serabella
« Reply #17483 on: November 11, 2014, 11:02:38 am »

My bet would be Oric's, Cain's and Ciro's soul stars. Astral influx second shift is holy/awesome element, and we've seen Oric use Awesome powers.

Those three might be the only ones capable of Oversoul.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17484 on: November 11, 2014, 11:26:34 am »

No. No it was not. There's an incredible wealth of information in there. Not all of it is 100% meaningful right now, but I firmly believe calling in Ecco was the correct thing to do. He's sworn vengeance upon Oric now, and I think that means it'll be child's play to recruit him, and having him along may or may not give us a bonus to reeling in Floe when that time comes.

But yeah. For now, time to bugger off to the eastward area. I'm almost certain that one of the "weapons" is Oric's Hammer... lemmie reread Cain's little storytime...

The Thief was trusted with an unbelievably powerful Soul Star. It granted him dominance over the Devil and ALL her sinister siblings. He could manage them, tell them exactly what they needed to do to run the place HIS way, under threat of retaliation. There were three such Soul Stars, but that's another story.

I don't know if we've confirmed the second weapon's identity and/or owner yet (though I suspect it might be the Illborn Exchange/LSL), but Cain ALSO mentions something that turned out to be incredibly fortuitous for us here:

Cain's sitting on Ecco's soul star, and it just so conveniently happens to rival Oric's in power. I think it's cycle-breaking time, ladies and gentlemen.

This, this means...

We have to hire all the mercenaries we can, then head to DL3 and gang up on Oric with the help of Cain.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17485 on: November 11, 2014, 11:31:44 am »

We also got the knowledge that after a specific number of cycles siblings are forced to resurrect after regardless of if the target kills them. This could be something built into the Warrens, but Cain doesn't seem to have resurrected in quite some time, possibly never. So I find it more likely that it is something Oric forces (and he is too afraid of Cain to force it on Cain.
Now then, why? To control the siblings? Quite possible, by wiping their memories periodically he keeps a monopoly on knowledge, and knowledge is power. To harvest Soul Charge? I would say yes. The process of resurrection could harvest Soul Charge from the siblings, as well as increase the soul charge of other siblings who just say someone they knew (well) lose all of their memories.

I would guess that the siblings of the earlier levels are wiped more often. Riltia is probably wiped every cycle and knows nothing, Proxxy is wiped not every cycle but often enough that she doesnMt form strong connections or gain much knowledge, Cain is never wiped because he scares Oric (or at least is a threat) and so has a dangerous stockpile of knowledge, but Oric relies on the fact that the other siblings are scared of Cain and don't work with Cain very much so Cain doesn't spread too much knowledge, except Ecco and Cain are currently working together and Oric is NOT happy about that. Continuing, Ecco and up have enough time to gain rebellious thoughts, but doesn't worry Oric until Oric realizes he's working with Cain.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17486 on: November 11, 2014, 11:41:14 am »

So, the weapons are Oric's Hammer, Cain's Claw, and something else. I suspect either Ecco's something-or-other, or Floe's Gun/Rifle.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17487 on: November 11, 2014, 12:02:41 pm »

So, the weapons are Oric's Hammer, Cain's Claw, and something else. I suspect either Ecco's something-or-other, or Floe's Gun/Rifle.
I doubt it, Oric would know about them if one of them had it. Besides, we've already seen them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #17488 on: November 11, 2014, 12:09:49 pm »

We should un-store Goombess then hear about what Riltia has to say. After that, Leftwards!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17489 on: November 11, 2014, 12:23:58 pm »

Why aren't we teaming up with the other siblings to finally kill Oric?

Isn't this what we wanted? To break the cycle?
Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 1544