Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3917587 times)

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #15495 on: June 17, 2014, 06:43:19 am »

Oh god I just realised this is all a homage to OFF
You realized it just now? Why do you think I proposed this particular music? :P

Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: June 17, 2014, 09:18:05 am »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: June 17, 2014, 01:43:13 pm »

Might as well have another go at theorycrafting.
Any thoughts?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: June 17, 2014, 02:08:19 pm »

How does Oric exactly use Ciro's Oversoul for his purposes? :V
I think it's actually the other way around. Oric fears that Ciro's Oversoul ability might be able to overthrow him, so he forces Ciro to battle the Siblings in spirit duels that cost quite the soul charge.
If Ciro wins, his charge still gets diminished, and if Ciro loses the cycle starts over.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: June 17, 2014, 02:45:23 pm »

How does Oric exactly use Ciro's Oversoul for his purposes? :V
I think it's actually the other way around. Oric fears that Ciro's Oversoul ability might be able to overthrow him, so he forces Ciro to battle the Siblings in spirit duels that cost quite the soul charge.
If Ciro wins, his charge still gets diminished, and if Ciro loses the cycle starts over.
What makes you think Oversoul is Ciro's? The only evidence for that is that she has been the only one to use it yet. In theory, anyone with a soul star could use it, only no-one else has reached maximum capacity as of yet (from what we've seen).
And if Oric fears that Ciro could truly overthrow him, why the cycles? Why risk being overthrown many times? And wouldn't he just kill the Target before they have a chance to gain any soul charge at all?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: June 17, 2014, 02:47:57 pm »

It's not that Ciro's the only one, but that it's the fastest to get there.
As for the cycles no idea :V
They make me think Oric is waiting for something.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: June 17, 2014, 02:59:34 pm »

Might as well have another go at theorycrafting.
Any thoughts?
Just adding a bit of afterthought; because FFS increased our Astral Influx's capacity, we could potentially be OVERSOUL'd longer, but we would have to get twice the Charge in order to OVERSOUL.
By your theory, of Oric having an insane Charge Limit(don't forget he was given a Legendary Soul Star function by the Seraphim!); in order for him to access getting OVERSOUL. It's possible, that due to having a Legendary Function for his star, he might not have a Charge limit at all, and thus cannot access the latent powers that arrive with being overfilled with Charge; and in having no such Charge limit, he would have to Glutton himself off of the CHarge that comes with the ends of a cycle, in hopes of achieving that power.

It is also entirely possible, that one of the other Legendary Functions of the Stars were given to Target, but can only be accessed regularly when the Soul Star levels up enough times. This could be evidenced by the Quote that came up when we OVERSOUL'd which made it sound like something which would have been unreachable, or unachieveable
It's not that Ciro's the only one, but that it's the fastest to get there.
As for the cycles no idea :V
They make me think Oric is waiting for something.

He's waiting for us to die.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: June 17, 2014, 03:04:45 pm »

So that's why I thought that. Also what was Yaos searching for?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: June 17, 2014, 03:06:46 pm »

The first thought was Oversoul, but I think it could be Oric's/Cane's/Ciro's Soul Star.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: June 17, 2014, 03:08:28 pm »

So that's why I thought that. Also what was Yaos searching for?
A legendary weapon so he can seek revenge upon his former capturers. Something to even slay immortal beings.

It's funny, because Cain's Star might be such a weapon, Oric's star is definitely such a weapon, and Target's Star slayed Horolage, destroying him with Doubled Double damage; and Horolage was said to be immortal
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:21:07 pm by javierpwn »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: June 17, 2014, 03:27:46 pm »

Wait where have we heard "aberration" before? Or something that means a similar thing like inconsistency?

What if Oric doesn't want the cycles to continue and wants to break it to break out of the prison that he built?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: June 17, 2014, 03:30:33 pm »

Wait where have we heard "aberration" before? Or something that means a similar thing like inconsistency?

What if Oric doesn't want the cycles to continue and wants to break it to break out of the prison that he built?
There was a side quest to kill the "Aberrant Thief" that we didn't take.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Sissy Revival Machine
« Reply #15507 on: June 17, 2014, 03:34:20 pm »

There was a side quest to kill the "Aberrant Thief" that we didn't take.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And here's the translated version of that nonsense!
Spoiler:  For the lazy (click to show/hide)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15508 on: June 17, 2014, 04:09:05 pm »

That was the "Abberant" iirc and I don't know if it's a typo or a word I don't know :V

This appears to be a unique cycle, was Oric trying to avoid this or waiting for it?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: June 17, 2014, 05:38:59 pm »

Or perhaps we're the abberation? After all, it was by our will that many of the evidently atypical things occurred. Also, none of the characters we've seen have made large leaps towards pushing the narrative further; this only seems to occur with characters we're commandeering. Maybe this is why Oric wants to take us-the abberation-for himself: He wants to be able to control the narrative, and push it in the direction that he desires. Also, possibly giving further proof to my theory that the Astral Influx's secondary ability is allowing us to influence Ciro, our knowledge roll for when we first found the Influx told us:
You call upon your knowledge of the item [Astral Influx]. (Roll: 8!) Something something about narrative control. Maybe.
For further proof, us as players have never experienced an earlier cycle, showing that we're something atypical and alien in the Warrens; additionally, no other character seems to be guided by a multitude of voices from the internet.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1544