Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3893830 times)

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #15045 on: May 11, 2014, 07:54:17 pm »

bloodshape a flamethrower that uses hp as fuel
While it should be possible to create based on what was successfully created so far, it would be highly impractical for pretty obvious reason. And we already know how to create various blood weapons that do not require hp (or mp) to simply use. Like shotgun or sniper rifle.
Only case when flamethrower would be acceptable if it was dealing high amount of damage for 1 hp drained per shot or something like that - and I doubt FFS will be THAT generous.
that's...kind of the point: we already know about the "free to use" weapons, so make one that ISN'T free to use, and therefore (in theory) more powerfull. and besides, we don't have anything that's cast from hp, do we? (Bloodshaping itself is cast from maxhp)

we can decide whether it's worth using after we see the stats.

This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: May 11, 2014, 08:58:28 pm »

When have we been told we can't sit down with goombess or something and research?

It's worth a try.
How?

Presumably the same way Goombess was able to "research" the location of a River Dollar on a floor that seems to have been recently randomized, or the way she was able to figure out the mechanics of Proxxy's abilities just by observing her while we Tactical Diplomacied. She could well deduce the mechanics of our own skills by studying us.

+1 to letting Goombess study us for the purposes of Bloodshaping Exposition

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15047 on: May 11, 2014, 09:15:51 pm »

When have we been told we can't sit down with goombess or something and research?

It's worth a try.
How?

Presumably the same way Goombess was able to "research" the location of a River Dollar on a floor that seems to have been recently randomized, or the way she was able to figure out the mechanics of Proxxy's abilities just by observing her while we Tactical Diplomacied. She could well deduce the mechanics of our own skills by studying us.

I'm gonna +1 this.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: May 11, 2014, 09:33:21 pm »

It's worth a try.
How?

I'm gonna +1 this.
+1. Goombess can do research, though I don't think we can. Maybe she's not affected by the Insanity Penalty?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: May 11, 2014, 09:59:06 pm »

Maybe. But probably not quickly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: May 11, 2014, 11:09:56 pm »

Adventuring is always the fastest way to learn things. I mean, that's the whole point Goom-bess is with us.

And for the record while I like shenanigans, and the game runs on shenanigans, these bloodshaping suggestions are boring and I think crashing Auntie's party is more fun.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15051 on: May 11, 2014, 11:13:33 pm »

Maybe that robot that stole our stuff is in there.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15052 on: May 11, 2014, 11:54:11 pm »

It's worth a try.
How?

I'm gonna +1 this.
+1. Goombess can do research, though I don't think we can. Maybe she's not affected by the Insanity Penalty?
+1. Research has been shown to work. Might as well set Goombess on it, she seems to be the most skilled in that regard.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15053 on: May 12, 2014, 08:54:20 am »

It's worth a try.

While I agree with trying this, I disagree with doing it before trying to break in Auntie's house.

+1, with the caveat that we do it only AFTER the breakin.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

dawnstar

• Bay Watcher
  • Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15054 on: May 12, 2014, 09:46:19 am »

It's worth a try.
How?

I'm gonna +1 this.
EVERYONE IS AFFECTED BY THE INSANITY PENALTY! THERE IS NO EXCAPE, ONLY MURDER!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:50:19 am by dawnstar »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15055 on: May 12, 2014, 10:07:20 am »

can i post an ic action involving killing dawnstar

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15056 on: May 12, 2014, 10:10:19 am »

EVERYONE IS AFFECTED BY THE INSANITY PENALTY! THERE IS NO EXCAPE, ONLY MURDER!
Which is insane.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #15057 on: May 12, 2014, 11:22:55 am »

can i post an ic action involving killing dawnstar

Bu-buh dey keeps us from dah vampires.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: May 12, 2014, 11:56:48 am »

Can I just say that it amuses me greatly, that the "rational" crowd turns down so many ideas because they assume they won't work, but when there's support for an action that literally has no consequence except granting us knowledge, they jump on that too.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15059 on: May 12, 2014, 01:13:42 pm »

Can I just say that it amuses me greatly, that the "rational" crowd turns down so many ideas because they assume they won't work, but when there's support for an action that literally has no consequence except granting us knowledge, they jump on that too.
The consequence is wasted time on FFS' part. When he's updating once every week, and an action that draws away from the flow of the story, it's a waste of our own time, as readers.
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1544