Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896629 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14625 on: April 26, 2014, 11:20:53 am »

if we bloodshape ourselves into negative mhp, can we heal ourselves to max hp and become undead
then we just bloodshape harder to get ourselves -50hp or so so we can't be remurderized with a single potion
Again, we die at 0 HP. You think that ffs is going to implement a more complex mechanic that allows us to make ourselves OP, and also stops us from screwing ourselves over?

ffs is pure love obviously he'll allow this

obviously

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14626 on: April 26, 2014, 11:26:25 am »

In my opinion, we should either switch to Al, and meet Auntie. Or be Ciro and run over to Auntie while they are still having a conversation.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14627 on: April 26, 2014, 12:00:56 pm »

So do I.
"Waste MHP or even MMP on silly weapons" is not fun to me.
Except that we can re-absorb it if we don't like it. We have nothing to lose here except a bit of time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14628 on: April 26, 2014, 12:34:54 pm »

Except that we can re-absorb it if we don't like it. We have nothing to lose here except a bit of time.
Assuming that it, you know, works.
And "a bit of time" isn't nothing. Especially given how scarce updates are. And how little people want to resorb anything.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14629 on: April 26, 2014, 01:22:33 pm »

Assuming that it, you know, works.
And "a bit of time" isn't nothing. Especially given how scarce updates are. And how little people want to resorb anything.

We should probably hold off on trail and error until we get FFS interested enough in what we're doing to get more common updates.
I wasn't arguing the effectiveness, just that because something is considered a tool doesn't mean that it isn't a weapon. (In fact now that I think about it, by the loosest definition of what a tool is, all weapons are tools.)
And just because something is a weapon doesn't mean it's a good weapon.

Also though I wouldn't knock some silly suggestions, because we never know what might turn out to be a good weapon in the Warrens. We had a laser-firing dagger, so the more silly ideas might become more useful depending on what abilities they get. Somehow I think creativity will pay off in the long run... granted that doesn't necessarily extend to the ridiculous.
And I'd call drill-whips, swordchucks, and the like "ridiculous".

Yeah, I agree with that. That is why I put that clause in there. The Drill idea, was creative because it might be useful. The drill whip... is a bit too strange for me. Swordchucks seem like they would have a heavy penalty associated with them (nunchucks are pretty hard to use and not hurt yourself without being sharp too) and would most likely have a double-edged effect.

And I wouldn't put it past FFS to let us get the swordchucks just to watch us kill Ciro with them by accident the first time we attempt to use them.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14630 on: April 26, 2014, 01:42:20 pm »

@GWG: A weapon need not be sharp, specially when its usage was for defense instead of offense. Its still a metal spike regardless of whether its blunted, enough force will break bones and kill or incapacitate if placed right. Which does play well into the idea that it was a weapon used by domestic police, probably paired with a more apt weapon in the main hand. 'Course, that doesn't exclude it from originally being a farming implement, which is a good, if speculated, possibility after looking around a bit.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14631 on: April 26, 2014, 01:54:55 pm »

@GWG: A weapon need not be sharp, specially when its usage was for defense instead of offense. Its still a metal spike regardless of whether its blunted, enough force will break bones and kill or incapacitate if placed right. Which does play well into the idea that it was a weapon used by domestic police, probably paired with a more apt weapon in the main hand. 'Course, that doesn't exclude it from originally being a farming implement, which is a good, if speculated, possibility after looking around a bit.
My point was quite the opposite--not that it couldn't be a weapon, but that it could have been not a weapon.
...Okay, it's kinda the opposite.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14632 on: April 26, 2014, 02:32:39 pm »

Eh, in retrospect I misread what you said so technically I went off on an unneeded tangent. Either way, I do concede that it absolutely wasn't a farming tool, as searching around it seems that its one of the two leading ideas (the other being just a pure weapon from inception) as to its origin, and that it does very well have a good chance at once being a farming tool.

If I were to guess, its probably similar to an axe in that its transition between the two (from farming to war) was probably not that great of a jump nor alteration.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14633 on: April 26, 2014, 02:45:56 pm »

Actually... Blood Al has made me curious. What about trying to create a blood elemental? Or a blood sentient anything?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14634 on: April 26, 2014, 03:13:43 pm »

Actually... Blood Al has made me curious. What about trying to create a blood elemental? Or a blood sentient anything?
Let's start small.

Bloodshape a mouse.

I doubt that we can create Illborn, but we might be able to revive the bodies using the machines or something.

Hmm. Maybe we should try to bloodshape a robot instead?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14635 on: April 26, 2014, 03:41:09 pm »

Let's start small.

Bloodshape a mouse.

inb4 Bloodborn Unirat
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14636 on: April 26, 2014, 04:04:04 pm »

Let's start small.

Bloodshape a mouse. Paraplegic Rat
FTFY

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14637 on: April 26, 2014, 04:19:22 pm »

pls noooooooooo.

Like I see no reason for any making of rats, if anything all that we're gonna make is gonna be a mouse-shaped piece of blood, which will probably do nothing useful. Soul/life shapers we aint. In all honesty, we should try to limit bloodshaping, although considering that we never buy weapons or find them, well...

Ciro: Try bloodshaping a bloody harry, and if you can manage it, some kind of spiked shoes or something for goombess.

Until we have solid, non-bloodshaped weapons for the whole party we should keep our usage of bloodshaping to a minimum.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14638 on: April 26, 2014, 04:24:28 pm »

pls noooooooooo.

Like I see no reason for any making of rats, if anything all that we're gonna make is gonna be a mouse-shaped piece of blood, which will probably do nothing useful. Soul/life shapers we aint. In all honesty, we should try to limit bloodshaping, although considering that we never buy weapons or find them, well...

Ciro: Try bloodshaping a bloody harry, and if you can manage it, some kind of spiked shoes or something for goombess.

Until we have solid, non-bloodshaped weapons for the whole party we should keep our usage of bloodshaping to a minimum.
Except that this is just an experiment to see if it will work. We'll just reabsorb it.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14639 on: April 26, 2014, 05:43:03 pm »

pls noooooooooo.

Except that this is just an experiment to see if it will work. We'll just reabsorb it.
+1 to attempting to bloodshape a mouse.
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 1544