Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897065 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14610 on: April 26, 2014, 03:28:47 am »

It could have also been the other way around too. Not that sai originated from that, but that they may have used a (not sure if this is the best word) pitchfork as an improvised sai. I can't remember quite clearly where I first heard of that.

A pitch fork's prongs are much too large however, as the Sais are brought low and wide in order to catch and redirect assaults with a parry. I don't understand why they'd sacrifice range and cut off the length instead of making it a military fork.

Because its not the kind of pitchfork you're thinking of... like I said pitchfork isn't quite the right word. They were already the right size. So imagine using a pair of sai to say pick up and roll hay into a bale for instance. I have no idea what the proper word for that would be and they naturally don't do everything a pitchfork can do either.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: April 26, 2014, 03:56:40 am »

This game is supposed to be fun. Thus, I support fun actions.

What we obviously need is a DRILLWHIPCHAKUSWORD-LAUNCHER

That's so insane, it just might work! It will confuse the enemy so much he/she won't know what to do!
Definitely +1, preemptive not-joke-GWG-so-don't--1-it +1, it's an actual +1.
+1. If we don't like it, we can always re-absorb it.
+1
+1 Since I technically didn't earlier.
+1
+1
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14612 on: April 26, 2014, 04:11:54 am »

+1 to insane bloodshaping, followed by ladder of blood.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14613 on: April 26, 2014, 07:43:09 am »

This game is supposed to be fun. Thus, I support fun actions.
So do I.
"Waste MHP or even MMP on silly weapons" is not fun to me.

...Two? I must be forgetting something fierce, but I recall one of them using a tool, and that was the nunchaku. Which is technically just speculated at being used as a farming implement. I don't really see why it would, a sickle would probably be a lot easier.
Well, since katana are obviously weapons through and through, it's obvious that the other one mist either be Raphael's sai or Donatello's bo staff. Since sai are not, IRL, sharp, it's possible that those were what he was talking about. There's probably some farm-ey stuff you can do with sticks, too.

I wasn't arguing the effectiveness, just that because something is considered a tool doesn't mean that it isn't a weapon. (In fact now that I think about it, by the loosest definition of what a tool is, all weapons are tools.)
And just because something is a weapon doesn't mean it's a good weapon.

And I'm not citing TMNT. I used it as an (silly) example, not as proof. I briefly considered Jackie Chan and his tendency to use what ever is close at hand to defend himself (as a slightly sillier example) in his movies instead.
If it's supposed to help prove your point, it's proof.

Also though I wouldn't knock some silly suggestions, because we never know what might turn out to be a good weapon in the Warrens. We had a laser-firing dagger, so the more silly ideas might become more useful depending on what abilities they get. Somehow I think creativity will pay off in the long run... granted that doesn't necessarily extend to the ridiculous.
And I'd call drill-whips, swordchucks, and the like "ridiculous".

I think you just need to quit categorizing everything as either logical or flat-out retarded. We have got plenty of room for middle ground.
It's less "A or B" and more "close enough to A that I can agree with it" or "close enough to B that I don't agree with it".

A... A parrying dagger used as a pitchfork? I... Guess I can see that, due to its shape, but I highly doubt that. Its more akin to a main gauche or a sword breaker due to it being used as a companion weapon, held in the off hand.
One thing to note: They weren't sharp.

A pitch fork's prongs are much too long however, as the Sais are brought low and wide in order to catch and redirect assaults with a parry more easily. I don't understand why they'd sacrifice range and cut off the length instead of making it a military fork either. In mass combat, its polearms that win the day because its easier to both make and train people with.
EDIT: I guess they could shorten or remove the other two prongs, thinking on it.
They could have also have started with something unlike European pitchforks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14614 on: April 26, 2014, 08:08:35 am »

I like how my non-serious joke suggestion has the most +1's.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14615 on: April 26, 2014, 08:11:00 am »

I'm going to go with GWG on this one. This is getting entirely too out of hand In addition, we probably won't be able to bloodshape something that big/complex, possibly killing us with blood loss.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14616 on: April 26, 2014, 08:29:26 am »

I wonder if it's insta-death if Ciro bloodshape herself?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14617 on: April 26, 2014, 08:34:36 am »

Full-Sized? Yes.

But I would like to see what would happen if we tried to bloodshape a mini Ciro. Or a mini Al...!

Quick! We must blood ship little Al so that he can perform a combo attack with it! It's Blood Al, so he's more liable to like it!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14618 on: April 26, 2014, 08:53:53 am »

I think if we overheal enough Ciro might have enough blood inside her to not die.
Assuming she doesn't bleed like Yaos does.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #14619 on: April 26, 2014, 09:36:11 am »

If we wanna get technical, having 0/0 HP still means we have full health. That being said, yes, the weapon is entirely ridiculous and shouldn't be taken seriously. Which is why it had my approval.
Take a closer look at this text!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14620 on: April 26, 2014, 09:38:59 am »

if we bloodshape ourselves into negative mhp, can we heal ourselves to max hp and become undead

then we just bloodshape harder to get ourselves -50hp or so so we can't be remurderized with a single potion

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #14622 on: April 26, 2014, 10:19:07 am »

Menacing spikes for added persuasion are good, GWG! They serve a useful purpose! Pick me! PICK MEEE!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: April 26, 2014, 10:35:27 am »

I wonder if it's insta-death if Ciro bloodshape herself?
Full-Sized? Yes.

But I would like to see what would happen if we tried to bloodshape a mini Ciro. Or a mini Al...!

Quick! We must blood ship little Al so that he can perform a combo attack with it! It's Blood Al, so he's more liable to like it!
-1 to all the above.

If we wanna get technical, having 0/0 HP still means we have full health.
We don't get killed from having a certain percentage of HP, we get killed from having 0 HP.
And 0/0 HP...well...
0/0=x
0*x=0
Anything times zero is zero. Therefore, we can equally well be argued to have 100% health as -9025% health.

if we bloodshape ourselves into negative mhp, can we heal ourselves to max hp and become undead
then we just bloodshape harder to get ourselves -50hp or so so we can't be remurderized with a single potion
Again, we die at 0 HP. You think that ffs is going to implement a more complex mechanic that allows us to make ourselves OP, and also stops us from screwing ourselves over?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1544