Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897557 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FFS: Retrieve your Slay Main Characters Skill, using your +2 to ENVY and +5 to TROL

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FFS: Retrieve your Slay Main Characters Skill, using your +2 to ENVY and +5 to TROL
+1

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1

-1 to that.

It's like the difference between playing a version of dwarf fortress where forgotten beasts can show up at any time, anywhere on the map, and a dwarf fortress where every tick there's a 1% hard-coded chance of all your dwarves spontaneously dying.   
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

That was when the update speed was much faster and there were much fewer people playing. Nowadays there is no chance of an action like that passing.
Wanna bet?
1. When ffs updates, he tends to churn out several in a burst.
2. Murphy's Law.
3. There are a lot more than two people seeming to support these jokes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was when the update speed was much faster and there were much fewer people playing. Nowadays there is no chance of an action like that passing.
Wanna bet?
1. When ffs updates, he tends to churn out several in a burst.
2. Murphy's Law.
3. There are a lot more than two people seeming to support these jokes.
I support actions that I think will have results either useful or entertaining.

I don't support death, though.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Still reading through, but a thought on Theorycrafting #5 from what I've seen up till post 1150:

Now, back to your regular shenanigans.

Edit:Typo.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I support actions that I think will have results either useful or entertaining.
What if an action is entertaining to you but annoys others? Or if a counterproductive action will be "entertaining"?

Still reading through, but a thought on Theorycrafting #5 from what I've seen up till post 1150:
-snip-
a. Doesn't look much like the DL. Either too small and featureless, or too far and too big (and possibly too featureless).
b. Too big. Probably. It could be close.
c. ...?
d. Possible, but of what? And what proof? (We need that.)
d1. Maybe.
e. More specific?
f. Maybe. Still vague and unsupported.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #13972 on: April 13, 2014, 07:35:33 pm »

I find it funny that FFS delivered on a theoretical self-suggestion. I should read these more often.
Also, note the fact that Oric dropped a Ring of Sexy into the Void, and we just so happen to find a Ring of Sexy in a Sub-DL. Perhaps correlating with my previosu theories of the sub-Dl's being part of the Vent structures in the Void.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I pulled c) back because I remembered something that disproved it.

As for proof, well, I'm reading through the thread. If I notice anything, I'll put it up.

Edit: This?

Point at the lava room sign. If there isn't a sign point at the lava.

Plop the ladder back down in the room with the shopkeeper.

((Absolute genius.))

You lead Riltia back to the shop room and have her plop the ladder down. It looks to lead into a dark area with some light spots flickering about.

...and I found this, too.

Hm. First meeting with Betweenford...

You lead Riltia back to the shop room and have her plop the ladder down. It looks to lead into a dark area with some light spots flickering about.

Yeah, and then not that long ago we stared into the broken floor?

Same place, right? And then there's this throw-away line from when we somehow defeated Betweenford the first time!

Sure, most likely he just meant something like "out of sight, out of mind."

BUT

WHAT IF HE WAS LITERAL

The space between dungeon floors... could be Betweenford's brain. Which would tie into the whole "The Warrens are basically the Matrix and Betweenford is Agent Smith" theory.

Having looked at this post, I realize that I'm really tired and shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard right now.

...fuel for thought, certainly.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:05:13 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The more I think about it, the less it makes sense for it to be physically in between the levels of the Warrens.
Sig

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I faintly remember someone saying something about 'planes of existence' and whatnot. It's in between somewhere and somehow, as implied by this:

'Slip-betweeners' implies we slipped in between, the cheaters implies that we weren't supposed to.

Betweenford's very name reinforces this- between crossings, between shallow places...

GENERATION 32:

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I faintly remember someone saying something about 'planes of existence' and whatnot. It's in between somewhere and somehow, as implied by this:

'Slip-betweeners' implies we slipped in between, the cheaters implies that we weren't supposed to.

Betweenford's very name reinforces this- between crossings, between shallow places...
Possible. Personally, I think "cheaters" refers to moving the ladder, and "slip-betweeners" was about us being between floors.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

You know what...

The room was a void room. Which I took to be an uninitialized room.

Perhaps the lights in the void are...

...the spells that act as the sub-routines of the Warrens.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm... interesting. So you're leaning towards theory e)Inner Workings. In which case, we should go back at some point and drop some sort of impact explosive down there to see what happens. For !!SCIENCE!!

The fact that one of the times we saw through the floor was because of some form of damage implies that the Warrens are coming undone somehow. If so, it could also be part of the explanation as to why Oric wants the Target dead- they are part of the problem, if not the problem.

Edit: More stuff! The bolded italics are of special interest.

I don't think it's right (it seems too simple, and probably incomplete.) My other thought is that the lights in the void have something to do with this choice Betweenford quote.

I bet if we knew what Lights he was referring to there, we'd know the answer to the theorycraft.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:39:36 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm...we really don't have anything to go on to figure out if those are connected, but if they are...
Where's the update where the lights were? I can't find it in monk12's index.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1544