Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895054 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12465 on: March 08, 2014, 08:06:23 am »

-1 to killing Cain.
It's easier to kill him later than bring him back to life. Cheaper on soul charge, as well.

Mention that we Might know where Oric is and that we might have a way for him to get free (for now). Worth more plot exposition, surely?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: March 08, 2014, 08:17:52 am »

While I hate to be manipulative... Whenever we fight Oric should be the time we should talk about releasing Cain. No sooner and no later should we release him, or give him any ideas until then.

Because we know that if we do release him, he will want to get revenge. Probably immediately. This makes him our "ally" for as long as we need to fight Oric. Until then, he's a danger to our quest.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: March 08, 2014, 09:04:58 am »

I'm against all the "kill Cain" and "release Cain" suggestions. I think that giving him an anti-anti-magic potion is dangerous, but not as deadly as I was thinking.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: RETURN OF THE BLORBLE
« Reply #12468 on: March 08, 2014, 10:22:57 am »

I HAVE RETURNED DESPITE MY LACK OF CHARGING CORD, TO BRING SANITY TO THE WARRENS!
Probably a fool's errand, but eh.

Maybe he's just happy to have the company? Being a dungeon owner with only Spira to talk to would get old fast.
Especially since Spira seems to be MIA.

Thank him for his help. It's kinda surprising that a Dungeon Boss has been so helpful today.
+1

Also, put slog somewhere safe for the fall.
He's a slime. Use Slog as a cushion.

If they were making soul stars on demand, why would they make two others?
Balance.
One timewrought eye gives life.
The other one takes it.

(The third, does something.)
One soul to rule them all.
One soul to find them.
One soul to bring them all
And in the Warrens bind them.

Sadly, they aren't the same soul.

...Actually, this works.
The one Oric was given was the ruler. Cain's might be the bringer/binder, and the finder...hm...Unless Ciro's is the bringer/binder, Cain's was the finder, hence why he came into contact with Oric and how Oric recognizes the target...and the soul stars would probably lose their properties upon proper death of the host...

Unless he has a ranged attack he can use against us.
He probably doesn't.

Looks ranged to me. Although I could be wrong...not that I want to test it.

Yeah, let's not sell Cain the anti-anti magic potion. Dude's murder happy.
And who told us this?
They might be wrong, but...

While I hate to be manipulative... Whenever we fight Oric should be the time we should talk about releasing Cain. No sooner and no later should we release him, or give him any ideas until then.

Because we know that if we do release him, he will want to get revenge. Probably immediately. This makes him our "ally" for as long as we need to fight Oric. Until then, he's a danger to our quest.
I'm against all the "kill Cain" and "release Cain" suggestions. I think that giving him an anti-anti-magic potion is dangerous, but not as deadly as I was thinking.
I can get behind these suggestions.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: March 08, 2014, 10:47:29 am »

Another reason to be anti-murder is because he'd most likely kick our ass hard.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: March 08, 2014, 11:49:40 am »

Guys.... What if the Underworld is the depths...
When Circuitrix warned Cherish about going up the "stairs" it would have normally led to a Seraphim's dungeon.

"Descend another day", when Oric was led into his Death, he was at the bottom of the Underworld itself, meaning Circuitrix is saying that eventually we are going to die a true death. Oric ascended through each of the Seraphim's Lvels, and slew each Seraphim there, until he reached the top itself.

But Oric killed the Seraphim, so there would be nothing there but Underworld creatures/abominations. Also implying that Oric is cursed, possibly to keep fueling the Underworld.

Going all the way to the top would get us to the ImprisonedSeraphim/LastSeraphim/Oversoul
But going to the bottom might reveal those other two SacredSoulStars

It makes sense because when we went to the SubDL#2, It was described as the loot at the end of a dungeon, but we had to(WillbornRiltia had to) ascend to get there.
(Knowledge: 7) You have no idea where you are, but you see FREE LOOT on pedestals. This must be like the reward at the end of the dungeon, but since you skipped the dungeon, you just get the randomly-generated reward! SWEET.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 01:07:12 pm by javierpwn »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: March 08, 2014, 06:31:59 pm »

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: March 08, 2014, 08:32:19 pm »

Cherish's color is orange-ish.

But the one image where there are two blue lights is problematic to that theory. While one might be the Blue Chick... who's the other one?
Here's a thought I've been having... is the Blue Chick one of the Siblings? Her color matches one of the unseen siblings... but...

Granted this might simply be that she's gone three cycles without being killed, but she might also be a pawn that the Angels are using.

I think the Brown lights are definitely Angels as every Angel we've seen is wearing that shade of brown.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: March 08, 2014, 08:52:11 pm »

Cherish's color is orange-ish.

But the one image where there are two blue lights is problematic to that theory. While one might be the Blue Chick... who's the other one?
Here's a thought I've been having... is the Blue Chick one of the Siblings? Her color matches one of the unseen siblings... but...

Granted this might simply be that she's gone three cycles without being killed, but she might also be a pawn that the Angels are using.

I think the Brown lights are definitely Angels as every Angel we've seen is wearing that shade of brown.
well if it's Cherish, she had Proxxy's teleporter at her disposal for a short time, though only with Proxxy's help and permission.
The Blue chick could also have teleported twice is quick succession, which could explains why one of the blue spheres is faded.

And to make things even more complicated, we have the Dungeon 'elevator' looking rooms which Proxxy knows how to use.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: March 08, 2014, 09:12:50 pm »

Hold on. Why didn't he rhyme the last two lines?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: March 08, 2014, 09:23:20 pm »

Hold on. Why didn't he rhyme the last two lines?
The LORD hears them when they rhyme, so not rhyming the last words makes it so she can't hear the information was a lie

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: March 08, 2014, 09:29:31 pm »

Hm... At some point, we should enter 4, 1, 8 into the Asynchrony Catalyst.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: March 08, 2014, 09:32:08 pm »

Sadly the catalyst needs four inputs, two x and two y.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: March 08, 2014, 09:44:54 pm »

Sadly the catalyst needs four inputs, two x and two y.
And we have to have visited a room prior.
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1544