Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897377 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: RETURN OF THE BLORBLE
« Reply #12150 on: March 04, 2014, 10:21:47 pm »

What would Slog even farm?
He would beg for food on the streets, waiting for our return.
Then eat the spoils for himself.

Which is why we should never leave Slog in the Underside
Without responsible adult supervision.

If we leave him WITH AL, he'd probably boost Al's monster fighting farming rewards substantially from Frizz. If we leave him with Cherish, he'd probably make her churn out more crafting rewards because he can haul stuff around for her saving time. Left with Goombess, he'd probably try to consume her. Never leave the rabbit with the lettuce, or the fox with the rabbit.

Oh right! The consensus is slowly leaning toward leaving the Underside, so here's each character's role.

Ciro is an Adventurer. She will find, sell, or make loot and money. Because this is the Underside, any financial returns will be in Stream Rubies. She may also pick up an occasional monstrous ally.

Al is an Adventurer He will find, sell, or make loot and money. Because this is the Underside, any financial returns will be in Stream Rubies. He may also pick up an occasional monstrous ally.

Cherish is a Crafter. She will toy with any crafting devices and reagents you leave in Storage. On one hand, her inventions may use up items you'd rather keep, but on the other hand, she will save you valuable time waiting on crafting devices to finish. She may occasionally research the location of a useful item.

Goom-bess is a Crafter. She will toy with any crafting devices and reagents you leave in Storage. On one hand, her inventions may use up items you'd rather keep, but on the other hand, she will save you valuable time waiting on crafting devices to finish. She may occasionally research the location of a useful item.

Slog is a Helper. Slog will not generate any returns on his own, but he will provide raw labor to any other residents you leave in the Underside, increasing their returns.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:26:49 pm by freeformschooler »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: March 04, 2014, 10:27:16 pm »

because this is the underside
Half-Life 3 Non-Underside waiting location confirmed.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: March 04, 2014, 10:30:35 pm »

Our souls are now kickass weapons and you guys want to revert them to their useless forms? I can buy the Astral Influx being in first mode in case of perspective shift emergency, but come on, you know those other abilities are crazy useful.

Leave Slog behind- Everyone else is too valuable an asset while dungeon crawling, and I want to see what the little guy can come up with. I feel like we should be leaving him with the Skill Tree to at least cook something up, but I'm not sure what we should try for in terms of reagents.

Store Jar of DL3 Water, Fairy Jar, Bartering Ram

Withdraw 24 Pence (so we have some buying power, if Storage is going to be trickier to access from now on.)

Withdraw DL:2 Key on the grounds it may be useful when we go exploring there.

Cherish: Bag the pence, hold the Asynchrony Catalyst staff thingy

WOP WOP WOP to DL:2

GM NINJA!

Well then, looks like Slog will do absolutely nothing if we leave him behind. Oh well. Leave Goombess instead, if we're going to D:2 we should already have a good idea about the capabilities of the monsters there.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: March 04, 2014, 10:34:39 pm »

Goombess will be extremely unhappy if we leave her behind.

Why not throw a curve ball by ditching Goombess and Slog? We get the productivity boost, and we may find Riltia anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: March 04, 2014, 10:39:25 pm »

Or we can go Complete that damn ruby sidequest face the Floor boss with a full party and don't leave anyone behind just yet?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: March 04, 2014, 10:40:06 pm »

We use our army to our advantage.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: March 04, 2014, 11:06:07 pm »

Yeah, if you remember, I already solved the whole "illborn" mystery, they really aren't any different from anybody else, they just lack soul charge.
It's not a classification, it's more like a disease, it can be cured. It's a condition.
And "Willborn" is just a slightly different classification of the "Illborn" condition.
With a different cause. Really, they're like tumors with different causes*.

*No, not all tumors are cancerous.
Well, yeah.
But what would be the likelihood of us possibly being able to cure the Warrens?
Low. Your point?

Smooth.

Goombess will be extremely unhappy if we leave her behind.

Why not throw a curve ball by ditching Goombess and Slog? We get the productivity boost, and we may find Riltia anyway.
+1

Or we can go Complete that damn ruby sidequest face the Floor boss with a full party and don't leave anyone behind just yet?
1. Where the hell do you want to look?
2. I don't think general consensus is towards heading to Cain just yet.

Update most-recent-storage in OP
then
Put away anything in a jar, FIRST SHIFT all soul stars, give Al the Astral Influx for a second to try to SECOND SHIFT it, as an experiment; should this fail, AL should try to THIRD SHIFT it. If either works, unshift the star and give it back, and Al takes the Asynchonity Catalyst. Put the money in storage, give Slog the ice spell, goombess the ring of sexy, Al the bag of slot from Cherish and the hard hat.
Leave cherish at the house to make some cash.
Console Goombess that our emotional attachment to slog doesn't make him better, we just like him better. Only in a positive way, with some sort of gift. Like a puppet turned into a hat.
Warp to DL2.

I support most of the things, but:
-Al stays. He is going to make money, not Cherish.
-We leave every soul star in storage.
-Cherish gets the hard hat and becomes our tank. 7 dr, hell yeah.
Also, Cherish is our healer.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: March 04, 2014, 11:22:30 pm »

There's only one reason to go to DL2, and that's to try and take the stairs down to DL3.

Leave Goom-bess behind.  Fill up bottle with SP water- give it, Polar Eye, and that Frost skill Goom-bess has to Slog.  Put FP in bag and get out Async Catalyst.  Ciro and Cherish swap hats; refill Cherish SP to full.

Head to DL2 Boss Room and see if stairs down still exist.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: March 04, 2014, 11:37:00 pm »

We need to go to DL3 NOW. Seriously. If we want to hear what Cain has to say, we need to go. We can't keep messing around.

We can go to DL2 later. I'm as curious about it as you are, but there are two major reasons not to go yet:

1)It'll probably be pretty unpleasant. For the most part, we know how strong DL3 enemies are. DL4 will be a step up, but we'll probably be able to find a checkpoint before long. On the other hand, we have no idea what DL2 will be like. We don't even know if the checkpoint will work.
2)CAIN IS WAITING. CAIN IS WAITING. He's probably pretty mad, and for good reason at this point. We need to talk to him. Seriously, if we don't like what he has to say, we can leave the room like Proxxy did. Seriously, he may have useful information about the CYCLE and we keep ignoring him because LOOTZ!!1111111! DL2 will be there for us later.
3)I'm pretty sure that the return trip won't count, so we can come back after we deal with Cain. Hopefully, at least.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: March 04, 2014, 11:43:24 pm »

We need to go to DL3 NOW. Seriously. If we want to hear what Cain has to say, we need to go. We can't keep messing around.

We can go to DL2 later. I'm as curious about it as you are, but there are two major reasons not to go yet:

1)It'll probably be pretty unpleasant. For the most part, we know how strong DL3 enemies are. DL4 will be a step up, but we'll probably be able to find a checkpoint before long. On the other hand, we have no idea what DL2 will be like. We don't even know if the checkpoint will work.
2)CAIN IS WAITING. CAIN IS WAITING. He's probably pretty mad, and for good reason at this point. We need to talk to him. Seriously, if we don't like what he has to say, we can leave the room like Proxxy did. Seriously, he may have useful information about the CYCLE and we keep ignoring him because LOOTZ!!1111111! DL2 will be there for us later.
3)I'm pretty sure that the return trip won't count, so we can come back after we deal with Cain. Hopefully, at least.
+1 I don't see why everyone is so intent on avoiding Cain. I mean, the guy who had a dance-battle with a giant sentry eyeball can't be *that* bad.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: March 04, 2014, 11:47:23 pm »

+1 to suggestions leading to Cain.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: March 04, 2014, 11:56:24 pm »

In an odd twist of fate, I think returning and having a chat with, and possibly recruiting the homicidal guy nick-named SINFUL is actually currently the best course of action. Somehow. +1 to Cain.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: March 04, 2014, 11:57:50 pm »

Teleport to DL3.
Convert key.
Go to the door via swimpoint.

Edit: Also, Goombess will be sad to be left behind. As in, possibly goodbye-level sad. Leaving Slog behind will hopefully help with that, though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:02:15 am by Elephant Parade »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: March 05, 2014, 12:05:03 am »

In an odd twist of fate, I think returning and having a chat with, and possibly recruiting the homicidal guy nick-named SINFUL is actually currently the best course of action. Somehow. +1 to Cain.
And even if we have to fight him. We could probably have a dance battle. Maybe. Possibly.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: March 05, 2014, 12:09:27 am »

Holy shit, I can't believe that worked. I guess your few hundred pages of trying were worth it. I have to admit, I am kinda happy to see him again too.
The only problem with The Next Generation was Wesley never had a terrible airlock or engineering bay related accident that left just slush.
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1544